Hidden Figures : you remember when the racist said it would be gone in 2 weeks

you remember when the racist said it would be gone in 2 weeks

😄😄😄 funny how they are no where to be found

Re: you remember when the racist said it would be gone in 2 weeks

Not necessarily for just the reasons you think.

It tends to eventually get frustrating and disheartening when they put that much time and effort into spreading racist hate, and the moderators just seem to come along and delete all their hard work, again and again.

No man lies so boldly as the man who is indignant.

Well its nice to see the moderators doing there job

AMEN...

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I think most of the people seeing this movie are white, simply because they make up most of the movie-going public.

Deadline said the weekend BO for hidden figures was 50% white, 35% black, and 15 % Hispanic or other .
Defender of the weak, and enemy of the weak minded.

Deadline said the weekend BO for hidden figures was 50% white, 35% black, and 15 % Hispanic or other .

But that's the point. Whites make up the majority of film goers in this country and there is no way this movie would have made that kind of money if a lot of whites did not go see it.
As I mentioned earlier in another post, my theatre was packed full both times that I went and we were like 5 or 6 blacks with the majority all being white.

So Uggs94, you may whine, complain and spout hate and anger all you want on this board but you may be the lone white who hates this movie. Most of your white friends have probably already seen the movie, so quit with your temper tantrums on this board already.

"Hidden Figures" the #1 movie in America for 2 straight weeks in a row.

Post deleted

If majority of whites saw this movie, it would have made $1 billion not $60 mil. Most whites wont see it because it has nothing to do with us.

Does it upset you though that this movie was directed and produced by whites, shown in a majority of white theatres with most of the ticket buyers being white?
How does that grab you???😁

Couldnt care less what others do and why. My purpose here is to tell those who might come across my postings that this movie is a concoction, not based on any true story.

My purpose here is to tell those who might come across my postings that this movie is a concoction, not based on any true story.

Yet, all you're actually accomplishing at this point is endlessly being made fun of by everyone for your total lack of self-awareness and utterly undisguised racism.

No man lies so boldly as the man who is indignant.

My purpose here is to tell those who might come across my postings that this movie is a concoction, not based on any true story.

That's the sad thing though Uggs94. No one is listening to you. The movie has far exceeded expectations for the MLK weekend. All your new releases i.e. Monster Trucks, Sleepless, etc, all underperformed despite the fact that they are starring predominantly white actors.

What does that tell you Uggs94? The world is leaving you and your Trump folks behind. All your hate and anger isn't getting your message across. Give it up already. The more people come on this board, the more they are interested in seeing the movie. Word of mouth alone has catapulted this movie to the top. Now who do you think told your white friends to go see this movie? Other white people did!!!😁 😁

So long Uggs94, the movie will do well again next weekend I'm sure.

"Hidden Figures" the #1 movie in America for 2 straight weeks in a row.

Please tell us about your direct knowledge of the early space program. Since you believe this story to be false

Your purpose here is to troll your racist hate, make hundreds of inane comments, using various user names. You need a job or a hobby. You're making a fool of yourself.

This white person is very much interested in history and the space program. You do not speak for me. I thought it was a great movie.

I am formerly known as HillieBoliday....Member since May 2006

I am a 68 year old African-American grandmother on social security....Living on a REAL STRICT FIXED INCOME! I have already seen this wonderful film TWICE at the theatre, and I'm going back for a THIRD time this coming weekend before it leaves the BIG SCREEN. Then when it leaves the theatre, I will watch it a couple of times on Pay-Per-View...While I wait to purchase it on DVD.

With that being said...I am not the lone wolf. I have family, friends and peers from my age group who have seen this movie more than once. I think that speaks VOLUMES!

"OOhhhooo....I'M GON' TELL MAMA!"

Just got back from a late Sunday afternoon showing. The large auditorium, while not full, was the most crowded I've seen for this type of film in years. Racial make-up of the audience was about 60% African-American/ 40% other. Audience applauded at the end of the film.

YOUR VOTE MATTERS! Please vote in every election. Thank you.

Honestly, after this awful year in the land of The Donald, many people are eager to see a movie like this, black and white.

by uggs94 » 8 hours ago (Sun Jan 15 2017 12:23:08)
IMDb member since March 2006
I said this movie would be gone by end of January and I stick with that prediction.

This is a black movie, so the blacks who want to see it will have seen it by tomorrow. Then the fall off

The blacks?

You mean Black people or Aftican-Americans?

You're THE BLACKS when you're making demands so you're THE BLACKS here.

Oh poor baby going to cry now?

Want your bottle?

It is Black people or African-Americans

Post deleted

Post deleted

Bahahahahahaha

No fat ghost sailor is going to tell me what type of biscuits I can eat ~ Grandma Huang

That's some serious psychological damage right there.

Trumps America may be giving permission for the low-class and uneducated to spout the racism they've been hiding for so many years, but the beautiful backlash is that a lot of people who've been lulled into complacency are now wide awake and won't sit silent letting ignorant hatemongers speak for for white people.

You are the anomaly. You are the problem. You and your mind garbage are not wanted anywhere. If you only had the good sense to feel the shame you deserve, there might be hope for you. But I seriously doubt it. You're uneducable. If you weren't, we wouldn't have to be dealing with you now.

Movies are IQ tests; the IMDB boards are how people broadcast their score.

Post deleted

i can't tell if you're a troll or a moron. Can you post a few more times so we can be sure? Thanks in advance. Because either way you're hilarious.

Movies are IQ tests; the IMDB boards are how people broadcast their score.

I just saw it Sat. Audience was 75% white easily. So your prediction really depends on the demographics of where the movie is being shown

I too saw it on Saturday. We went to the theater intending to see the 7pm showing, only to find out that it was completely sold out. I was shocked given how long the movie had been in theaters. Nevertheless, we waited and saw the 10pm showing. While not completely sold out, the theater was full and there were only a hand full of minorities there.

All insults will be interpreted as an admission that you cannot contribute to the discussion.

It's also the rare film about real-life women in STEM. So it's not just black people who are interested in this film. Women, who are half of the movie-going public, have an interest in seeing the suppressed contributions of female scientists and mathematicians given some real credit, for once.

That's not much of a prediction. That's like predicting "If I drop a hammer, it will fall to the ground."

Most movies last in the theater for about four weeks on average. Sometime the distribution deals specify a 3-4 week minimum run. "Hidden Figures" opened on January 6, so the end of January/early February is probably about right.

It's when a movie gets pulled after 2 weeks that you know you've got a stinker. The theater is losing so much money that it makes sense to break the deal. "Hidden Figures" financial success is far from that.

As of yesterday, the movie has earned $94 million against a production budget of $25 million. It should pass the $100 million mark in the next few days, making it a "blockbuster".

So much for the movie disappearing out of sight!

At my showing on MLK Day, nearly the entire audience was white in a packed auditorium. I myself am Asian. There was lots of cheering, and I heard a number of “Wow, that was a really good movie” at the end.

This is a black movie

I don't consider this a "Black" movie. I think this is a historical movie that everyone should see.

~Come to my room in a half hour and bring some rye bread~

But IT considers itself a black movie. That's how they are advertising this movie.

by uggs94 » 1 hour ago (Mon Jan 16 2017 15:17:55)
IMDb member since March 2006
But IT considers itself a black movie. That's how they are advertising this movie

And if it is a Black movie, meaning a movie where Black people are the main characters, so what?

It is also a movie about the space race.

It is a movie about IBM being integrated into NASA

As I've pointed out, you have hostility towards Black people and it usually stems from feeling threatned by them.

No fat ghost sailor is going to tell me what type of biscuits I can eat ~ Grandma Huang

Funny you should think that. It hasn't been my impression of the TV commercials at all. Judging by the audience when I saw the film, its appeal extends much further.

@uggs94

Just because a film has black people in it, that dosen't necessarily make it a "black film". You're the only one calling it a "black film." I would call MOONLIGHT a "black film", beause it was actually made (written and directed and cast) BY black people. And the film is clearly being marketed TO a general audience, which people who go to the movies across the board. The theatre where I saw the film was nearly full, and the audience even clapped at the end---something I've rarely heard in all my years of moviegoing. They really enjoyed the film, and yes, it is a good film. Of course, you'd never know because you won't even watch it because it's not about white people. You know that you sound pretty stupid slamming a film you're never even seen, right?. Whatever---all your little bull**** racist rants haven't stopped this film from becoming the big box office hit it's become. I just laugh at your stupid posts because they sound more and more pathetic and desperate by the day. It's become a box office hit because it's different, it's not the same typical boring Hollywood subject matter, and living proof even white moviegoers clearly want to see something beside the usual predictable white male hero flick, which is almost 90% of Hollywood films. So you can take your stupid little racist rants and shove them right back up your little whiny racist a**. Thank you kindly, sir or maam.

Me, I just blocked uggs94. If you look at his/her posting history, it is nothing but racist rants about this film. Otherwise, that account was inactive since 2011. His/her sole purpose is to troll, so no point in trying to reason with them.

How wrong you are.

Must be nice to be such an surefire racist and be willing to publicly declare this to the world. Gone by January. LOL You are hating this. All of the rest of you and your Trump followers. The world is passing you by. Jerk. I never reply on these things but I refuse to let you and your ilk reign.

Post deleted

IMDB has moderators? Could've fooled me...

Post deleted

if their job is to obliterate free speech and promote censorship.

When will people get that "freedom of speech" does not apply here. This is a moderated site. If someone doesn't like what you say, it will be deleted and your screen name can be deleted also. It's that simple. Stay respectful and you won't have to worry.

To be sung of a summer, night on the water......us on the water.- Kate Bush

Yup.

They didn't pay attention in high school. Freedom of speech can't be denied by the *government*. And even then, it doesn't apply to hate speech or speech that's intended to incite violence.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the film is only inaccurate in the timelines of things, not in the actual events.
The events happening were very real, the women solving physics dilemmas were very real, and John Glen really did refuse to take off until Johnson could verify the calculations.
It was not a civil rights movie or a documentary, so there didn't need to be all the violence of the time, but the movie showed just enough so you knew the reality of what was going on.

The women portrayed in the film authored multiple research papers and went on to excel in their fields of study.

Are they doing their job?
Why does IMDB allow such 'reviews' as the one titled "an explosion of monkey gene geniuses"?
This is NOT a review of the movie, but a racist rant: it even refers our President as a "monkey"!
There's no excuse for allowing such filth: I'm beginning to think that IMDB is run by racists!

Post deleted