Horror : where the f is the status of horror movies right now?

where the f is the status of horror movies right now?

id' say its' non existent which is worse than bad.

i cant' think of a time when horror movies have been in such a bad state as they are in right now and they are in an abysmal place right now.

we don't have theater horror movies that are good anymore.

this is the best way of gauging where the quality of horror movies are at any time.

it used to be in a good place because we had indie horror movies coming out in theaters like VHS, VHS 2 and you're next but that was like 8 years ago.

we still haven't had a new friday the 13th film in forever and i haven't known of any big franchise horror movie movie in theaters in the last 8 years except the newest halloween movie.

lukejbarnett

Re: where the f is the status of horror movies right now?

Why do we need another Friday the 13th film anyway? They made enough. There's nothing else to do with Jason.

They made enough. There's nothing else to do with Jason.

clap.gif I agree!

you're wrong. if they can never stop making james bond movies then they can never stop making friday the 13th films.

lukejbarnett

how can you call yourself a fan of this series if you think they've made enough and there's nothing else to do this jason? if you were a fan you would never not want any more movies.

the other way i know you're not a fan of this series is you said your tastes have changed in the films you loved in this series in the '80s, now you only like certain '80s fthe13th films. that means you've grown up to the point where you don't like some of these movies anymore. if you were a fan you'd always love the films in this series you loved when you loved this series the most.

lukejbarnett

how can you call yourself a fan of this series if you think they've made enough and there's nothing else to do this jason? if you were a fan you would never not want any more movies.

Not true. If I was a fan, I might want the series to end because I see no point in flogging a dead horse…or, in this case, a dead Jason. It's better to end the series on a high note than to continue putting out mediocre or below average sequels.

if you were a fan you'd always love the films in this series you loved when you loved this series the most.

I never "loved" all the films in the series though and I never said that I did. I said that I liked them. Even back in the day, I thought Parts 5, 6 and 7 were average films at best. giveup.gif

a fan wouldn't ever want the series to end bc then there would be no hope for future friday the 13th films. i'm talking about the future, the future stands for hope, it's about hope bc it's not known and and it's optimism.

i know that there is being a purist fan which i am but i'm also a fan who doesn't want this series ever to end bc then where would my future be? my hope of the future would be non existent. so it would be a bleak future for me if there was never going to be another friday the 13th film ever made. i'm a purist in that the '80s films are the best to me and nothing after the '80s films is ever going to be anywhere near as great as the '80s films.

do you think star wars fans ever want future films to not ever be made? do you think james bond films fans ever want the series to end?

i mean who knows how good future friday the 13th films can be and will be. i have hope for them being good in the future.

flogging a dead horse? have you watched 5 of the '80s movies? they should have stopped after part 4 if it was about making completely original films in every entry. so this is not a valid point bc if they really wanted to make completely original films they should have stopped after part 4. so you can't say that they should never make any more in the future for this reason.

so then in your opinion after what movie should they have stopped making sequels?

i didn't say you loved all the films in this series. i said you'd always love the films in this series you loved when you loved this series the most.

conclusion you are a not a fan of this series bc you said you you said you liked them. if you only like films in a film series then you are not a fan of the film series.

average films at best, wow and to think i thought you were a fan of this series and that we had this in common. this is so so sad. now i find out that you view these films as cheap and disposable entertainment like an average theater blockbuster you watch and quickly forget about.

lukejbarnett

i know that there is being a purist fan which i am but i'm also a fan who doesn't want this series ever to end bc then where would my future be? my hope of the future would be non existent.

Christ, if you love the franchise THAT MUCH, I can understand why you don't want the series to end. I didn't know your future depended on the continuation of the F13 series.

do you think star wars fans ever want future films to not ever be made? do you think james bond films fans ever want the series to end?

Maybe some do, maybe others don't. giveup.gif I saw the first three Star Wars films when they came out. I loved them as a kid. I collected Star Wars action figures, comic books and trading cards as did all of my friends. We were all such huge fans at the time. But I never bothered with the later films. For me, the series ended with Return of the Jedi.

flogging a dead horse? have you watched 5 of the '80s movies? they should have stopped after part 4 if it was about making completely original films in every entry.

That would've been fine with me. yes.gif Everything has to come to an end. (Yes, even the sun will die, eventually.)

that's so beautiful you saying for you the star wars films ended with return of the jedi. i just never respected any of the films made after this film. to me they are all cash in movies. movies just made to make a buck and don't have that much of my respect.

so you agree with tom savini who said he wanted jason to die and the films to end with part 4? i mean that would have been perfect if you think about it, not thinking about how great and enjoyable and lovable all the sequels in the '80s after part 4 are. just 4 films, not 5 or 6. a nice 4 films. 3 or 4 is the way to go in all of film series. a nice round and small number 4.

lukejbarnett

Hungry gave Wrong Turn (2021) a 9/10.

that movie is b movie garbage and is such a ripoff of midsommar that its' a joke. they had the community of people living in a country place who decided on who dies and the guy ends up joining this cult willingly after being in it for a while and the main actress even looks like the main actress in midsommar.

it's so formulaic and not original it's like every other crazed group of people terrorizing other people movie ever made in every way. so predictable and pretty much nothing interesting ever happens.

lukejbarnett

Things were looking up in the 2000s but the last decade or so has been pretty dismal. Indie films and foreign films seem to be the most promising. I've given up on Hollywood horror films for the most part.

the point where horror films really, the most starting going down is when all those insidious, the conjuring, annabelle and paranormal activity movies started coming out. i have absolutely no interest in any of these movies or any movie like these movies.

i agree about the best place to watch and find horror movie gems is independent movies the best horror films made in the last 10 years have been the horror films vhs, vhs 2, you're next, a terrible way to die, and a few other films from the directors of these films.

lukejbarnett

You're Next was a fun flick. I haven't seen the VHS films or A Horrible Way To Die yet. A few newer ones I liked were Don't Breathe, Primal Rage (I'm a sucker for Bigfoot films) and Doctor Sleep.

do you know what i mean that those filmmakers from VHS had a great run? bc there was also the innkeepers and the house of the devil. it just seemed like everything they touched turned to gold, those directors who directed VHS.

lukejbarnett

OK…are all those films worth checking out though? I'm always looking out for good horror films, old or new.

see here's the thing i've never watched the innkeepers or the house of the devil but the house of the devil from what i saw of it looked like a cool '80s style horror film bc it's set in the '80s and one thing leads to another plays while this girl takes care of this house, she house sits.

VHS is the best horror film made in the last 10 years. and VHS 2 is one of the best horror films made in the last years. so from those 2 films the directors of those anthology horror films became horror film directors whom i love. one of the directors or VHS directed the house of the devil, the same is true of the innkeepers. did you say you've never watched VHS or VHS 2?

lukejbarnett

run and watch VHS and VHS 2 as fast as yo can. i'm telling right now they are amazingly great films. i had the highest of expectations going into VHS from the trailer and it almost met my highest expectations. it was that great and VHS 2 is a great horror film but about a star less great of a film than VHS, so both are highly recommended.

lukejbarnett

OK, I'll check out VHS asap.

run and watch VHS and VHS 2 as fast as yo can.

I watched both of them yesterday. VHS is a good modern horror film with some truly original ideas. I generally stay away from found footage films at this point but VHS is just weird enough to pique my interest and it's also a horror anthology film to boot. Great idea, so-so execution. Of all the stories, I liked "Second Honeymoon" best of all. I also liked the first story (about the succubus) and the final one (Halloween party).

VHS 2 seems to have a bigger budget and gorier effects but the stories were less interesting (zombies, aliens, ghosts, suicide cult..pretty cliche stuff) and the rawness of the first film was missing. Not bad but not great.

cool. in the last 20 years i've never been as impressed and i've never loved a horror film as much as i loved and love VHS.

the reasons why are: 1. the filmmakers cared, they cared for all the '80s horror film fans who put '80s horror films above all other decades of horror films. they made a film that is so nostalgic in the most specific and precise ways of '80s horror film, specifically slasher films and also ghost films and also VHS horror films made in the '80s, the way they look, sound, and feel, the aura of '80s horror films on VHS tape.

you see kids growing up in the '80s and early '90s, all we had and all we knew about watching horror films at home was sitting on our couch, putting a VHS tape in our VCR and watching a grainy, muffled sounding horror movie. there was a charm to it bc for campy slasher films like the friday the 13th series, the bad video and sound quality added to the great experience. it added an extra dimension of pleasure. it added an extra creepiness and atmosphere of being in a dark AND grainy forest.

the story in VHS that is amazing to me is the story about the kids in a forest. the reason why this is one of my favorite stories in this is bc they were able to capture in the most precise way the look and feel of a friday the 13th film made in the '80s.

heck the scene in the car reminded me so much of the scene in the car in friday the 13th the final chapter where teddy tells jimbo he's a dead **** after he look at his computer screen. and i also love the guy who keeps getting cut off by the VHS tracking, so awesome. now that was an inventive idea. it really used the vhs tracking issues reality well.

2. the ideas of each and every story are original and well planned out. 3. the overall experience is immersive. i felt like i was in the movie. to do this is very difficult especially bc this is a movie about segmented vhs tape stories.

4. the way they used the found footage device is perfectly handled and really well made. it's funny you say you don't like found footage movies bc i hate them also, just the idea of it is bad bc to me i want to watch a film that has a movie reality if its' done in found footage format it doesn't have a cinematic look or feel usually.

but they cleverly avoided this look and feel problem with this film and with vhs 2. the other reason i hate found footage movies is bc i dont' want to watch a poorly looking or sounding movie

i love how you were weary of vhs bc of this thing bc i was skeptical of this being a great film bc of this but as soon as i started watching it all this doubt went away and i just enjoyed this film.

5. the anthology format and the wraparound story. so very few movies are anthology movies that i never get sick of watching an anthology movie. i mean the way it works is you 4 or 5 movies for the price of one movie. if you dont' like one of the movies well we have 3 movies for you.

the wraparound story was so intriguing and so dark and mysterious. and it felt so '80s; the look and feel.

now vhs 2 is a star less great of a film than vhs mainly bc the stories aren't as intriguing as the stories in vhs. also the wraparound story wasn't as great or intriguing as the wraparound story in vhs. also it's not immersive.

my favorite story in vhs is the succubus story. now that was intriguing, wow. its' really unique and original it's like nothing i've ever experienced before which is the same for the whole movie.

what did you mean by great idea about vhs? have you ever watched all hallows' eve? it's an anthology horror film that has a raw look and feel. it's very original and inventive. it's immersive, it feels real. i have to say it's one of the best horror films of the past 5 or so years.

you're right vhs is a raw film. it also has an immediate look and feel.

lukejbarnett

my favorite story in vhs is the succubus story. now that was intriguing, wow. its' really unique and original it's like nothing i've ever experienced before which is the same for the whole movie.

It reminded me a bit of the Ray Bradbury Theater episode called "Gotcha!" (1988). A lonely nerdy guy meets the 'perfect woman' at a party and falls in love with her but things are not as perfect as they seem. I don't want to give too much away but the VHS story about the succubus/demon girl is similar in some ways to that Bradury episode. I recommend checking it out.

what did you mean by great idea about vhs? have you ever watched all hallows' eve

I meant that it's a great idea because it's a combination found footage/horror anthology film. I've never seen All Hallows Eve.

i love the idea of making a succubus story with a girl bc girls are inherently evil and you never know what mysterious dangerous thing that they have inside them that can harm you.

do you agree with all 5 of my points on vhs, why it's such a great film? did you grow up in the '80s like me and watch all those slasher films made in the '80s? why is second honeymoon your favorite story in vhs? it was my least favorite story in vhs.

ray bradbury theater, i like the show night gallery and thriller, they are both anthology horror shows made in the '60s and '70s.

you have to watch tales from the darkside, the tv show made in the '80s. it is so awesome and has a such a strange and odd look and feel. it really is unique, i've never watched anything like it.

lukejbarnett

do you agree with all 5 of my points on vhs, why it's such a great film? did you grow up in the '80s like me and watch all those slasher films made in the '80s? why is second honeymoon your favorite story in vhs? it was my least favorite story in vhs.

You made some valid points. Don't know if I agree with all of them but they're good points.

Yes, I grew up in the 70s and 80s. I was a preteen and teen in the 80s so I watched tons of slasher flicks back then and I saw most of the Friday films when they came out. Seeing Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D in the movie theater was a real treat! It's still my favorite 3D film along with Vincent Price's House of Wax.

I like "Second Honeymoon" the best because it was the most realistic and believable story and hence the scariest of the films. There was nothing supernatural about it, it was just sinister people committing a horrible deed. The young wife was pretty hot too, I must admit. As you said about the succubus story, "girls are inherently evil and you never know what mysterious dangerous thing that they have inside them that can harm you"….the husband in "Second Honeymoon" found that out the hard way!

tales from the darkside, the tv show made in the '80s. it is so awesome and has a such a strange and odd look and feel. it really is unique, i've never watched anything like it.

I agree with all that. The show had a strange aura to it. Some episodes were very creepy. "The Last Car" from Season Two is my favorite episode.

if you don't agree with one of m points which of my points do you not agree with? and why not?

in the '70s, so you are in your late 40s now?

wow that is so cool bc my aunt and uncle saw friday the 13th part 3 when it first came out. part 3 is my second favorite friday the 13th film after the final chapter. to me they couldnt' make a bad friday the 13th film in the '80s even part 8. are you the same way?

wow, i would give anything to have been able to watch every friday the 13th film in a theater when it first came out. now i'm greatly jealous of you.

what all friday the 13th films did you watch in a theater when they first came out? to many horror film fans these films are the star wars of horror movies.

the evil girls comment has to do with me having life experience with girls rejecting me every single time and never giving me a chance for a relationship after we go on a date. so i've found out this truth after so many years of never having a relationship. i've still never had a girlfriend and i am 43 now.

also we never know a person completely. there are always parts of ourselves we hide from even the most close family members and the closest friends. so, of course in a relationship a girl or a guy can be completely different than what we know in some parts of their lives that we don't know about until we get to really know them, and some parts of their lives we never know about.

tales from the darkside is one of my all-time favorite shows mostly bc of the atmosphere of every episode. it has this strange and off look and feel. and of course bc it's so '80s. it is the most nostalgic and '80s tv show ever made.

watching it i was so struck by the beautiful '80s look and feel of this show that i was in heaven watching it every time i watched it. there is a magic and a majesty in it's '80s atmosphere. no other show has this kind of '80s tone.

do you have the same feeling when watching it after the '80s that i do? this feeling of reliving your childhood?

marcia cross is so beautiful in a vampire episode in 1988. also seth greene is in an episode. what's really interesting is there is an episode with ben stiller's dad jerry stiller where he plays a devil who has a radio talk show.

as the story goes on he goes from looking like a human to gradually transforming into a demon. now what is interesting about this is ben stiller around a few years later made this same thing on his show the ben stiller show except it's a comedic sketch instead of a a horror story. have you watched these 2 things?

lukejbarnett

if you don't agree with one of m points which of my points do you not agree with? and why not?

You made your case well but I don't think all of the stories were all that original or well-planned out. The succubus story is a case in point. Still, it's a good horror flick. I wish the characters had a bit more substance too.

in the '70s, so you are in your late 40s now?

wow that is so cool bc my aunt and uncle saw friday the 13th part 3 when it first came out. part 3 is my second favorite friday the 13th film after the final chapter. to me they couldnt' make a bad friday the 13th film in the '80s even part 8. are you the same way?

I liked them all back in the day but nowadays I tend to be more selective. Parts 1-3 are my favorites and seem to have more atmosphere and creepiness than the later Friday films. Part 8 (Jason Takes Manhattan) is fun because it's practically a horror-comedy. I like the direction that film took.

what all friday the 13th films did you watch in a theater when they first came out?

I saw 3 to 7 in the theater. I saw the first two on TV. I may or may not have seen Part 8 in the theater, I forget when I first watched that one.

to many horror film fans these films are the star wars of horror movies.

I prefer Romero's Dead trilogy (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead)…I consider those the Star Wars of horror films!

the evil girls comment has to do with me having life experience with girls rejecting me every single time and never giving me a chance for a relationship after we go on a date. so i've found out this truth after so many years of never having a relationship. i've still never had a girlfriend and i am 43 now.

You sound kinda like Yakko. Do you remember him from the IMDb Horror board and Soapbox? He was very cynical about women and relationships. Claims women always rejected him.

BTW, yeah, there are lots of ****ty women out there. I understand that. There are some good ones too.

do you have the same feeling when watching it after the '80s that i do? this feeling of reliving your childhood?

Yes, more like my adolescence though. Tales From the Darkside came out during my high school years.

as the story goes on he goes from looking like a human to gradually transforming into a demon. now what is interesting about this is ben stiller around a few years later made this same thing on his show the ben stiller show except it's a comedic sketch instead of a a horror story. have you watched these 2 things?

I don't remember that specific episode of Tales from the Darkside and I hardly ever watched Stiller's show.

if the stories weren't all that well planned out then why did it feel like a superior and all time classic horror film? it felt like i was a watching a horror film for the first time it had that immediate and powerful fresh and new feel.

how can you say there shouldn't be any more friday the 13th films bc there's nothing more that jason can do.

are you just saying this bc you are such a friday the 13th purist that you cant' like any of the new movies that might come out in the future? but you like freddy vs. jason a lot and jason x and jason goes to hell.

wait you're more selective? so you grew out of the friday the 13th films some of them?

how can you call the dead films that romero made the dead trilogy when he made at least 3 more in the '00s and '10s?

i read about elliot smith or something a british guy who after being rejected by girls he went to a school and killed a bunch of people by shooting them with a rifle. this kind of behavior is expected and shouldn't be a surprise when it happens. i'm saying societies are wrong with how they dont' ever let different guys have a girlfriend. society is to blame for this happening.

you should be able to buy a girlfriend also everyone should have a tag on their shirt that says single and i'm attracted to you(the persons name on the tag) and will go out with you at jobs and school so everyone can have a girlfriend or boyfriend. knowing who will go out with you bc they are single and want to date you will take away almost all the problem of a person getting a relationship.

no, all beautiful girls are horrible people. they get all the breaks in life. all the guys asking them out. all the money from guys, all the gifts, and get treated so well that they get this complex about them that they should always be treated better than everyone else, they become spoiled just bc they are beautiful and a girl. and they wont' go out with a less than perfect guy. and they are constantly testing you, judging everything a guy does to the point where they will never give a weird guy like me a chance at a relationship.

lukejbarnett

are you just saying this bc you are such a friday the 13th purist that you cant' like any of the new movies that might come out in the future? but you like freddy vs. jason a lot and jason x and jason goes to hell.

I'm not a F13 purist, I'm just a guy with an opinion. I've never seen Freddy vs Jason and Jason Goes To Hell is abysmal - I didn't like that one at all. That was the last Friday film I watched. I just think the franchise has run its course. I'd say the same thing about Texas Chainsaw Massacre films (I disliked most of the sequels and the remake and prequel were "meh") as well as the Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween franchises (I thought the recent Halloween 2018 film was OK but nowhere near as good as the original film).

wait you're more selective? so you grew out of the friday the 13th films some of them?

I suppose. My tastes have changed somewhat over the years.

how can you call the dead films that romero made the dead trilogy when he made at least 3 more in the '00s and '10s?

It was originally called the Dead trilogy and I still refer to the first three films as that - and they're easily my favorite zombie films of all time. Land of the Dead was a continuation or evolution of the zombie apocalypse featured in Day of the Dead and could be considered a fourth film in the series. Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead are an entirely new cycle. Diary of the Dead takes place during the beginning of a zombie apocalypse, so it's not a continuation of the original Dead series. Survival of the Dead is a continuation (of sorts) of Diary…it features one character from that previous film. I like Diary of the Dead, it was Romero's 'found footage' zombie film and a return to independent filmmaking for him but I consider it to be separate from the earlier Dead films.

cryptoflovecraft said...

I'm not a F13 purist, I'm just a guy with an opinion. I've never seen Freddy vs Jason and Jason Goes To Hell is abysmal - I didn't like that one at all. That was the last Friday film I watched. I just think the franchise has run its course. I'd say the same thing about Texas Chainsaw Massacre films (I disliked most of the sequels and the remake and prequel were "meh") as well as the Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween franchises (I thought the recent Halloween 2018 film was OK but nowhere near as good as the original film).

I suppose. My tastes have changed somewhat over the years.

It was originally called the Dead trilogy and I still refer to the first three films as that - and they're easily my favorite zombie films of all time. Land of the Dead was a continuation or evolution of the zombie apocalypse featured in Day of the Dead and could be considered a fourth film in the series. Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead are an entirely new cycle. Diary of the Dead takes place during the beginning of a zombie apocalypse, so it's not a continuation of the original Dead series. Survival of the Dead is a continuation (of sorts) of Diary…it features one character from that previous film. I like Diary of the Dead, it was Romero's 'found footage' zombie film and a return to independent filmmaking for him but I consider it to be separate from the earlier Dead films.
expand
it must have been someone else who ranked the friday the 13th films on here then. guess i confused you with someone else sorry.

it sounds like you are a purist bc you said jason goes to hell is abysmal and it's the first film that went completely away from the '80s formula. and you've never watched freddy vs. jason. you sure you are not a fth13th purist?

now if you are a fan of the friday the 13th series you have to watch jason x. it's the most precise '80s friday the 13th film tribute. it feels so '80s friday the 13th that it's amazing. it's a beautiful film bc of this. and i went in thinking there is no way it's going to be a good movie bc it's in space.

i hated jason goes to hell the first time i watched it. but grew to love and appreciate it the next time i watched it. i hated the fact that jason is barely in it visibly. its' a beautiful tribute film to the '80s friday the 13th films, making references to hallmarks of this series and it's meta before scream.

wait, you don't love texas chainsaw massacre 2? it's unanimously hailed as a classic horror film.

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... it must have been someone else who ranked the friday the 13th films on here then. guess i confused you with someone else sorry.

it sounds like you are a purist bc you said jason goes to hell is abysmal and it's the first film that went completely away from the '80s formula. and you've never watched freddy vs. jason. you sure you are not a fth13th purist?

now if you are a fan of the friday the 13th series you have to watch jason x. it's the most precise '80s friday the 13th film tribute. it feels so '80s friday the 13th that it's amazing. it's a beautiful film bc of this. and i went in thinking there is no way it's going to be a good movie bc it's in space.

i hated jason goes to hell the first time i watched it. but grew to love and appreciate it the next time i watched it. i hated the fact that jason is barely in it visibly. its' a beautiful tribute film to the '80s friday the 13th films, making references to hallmarks of this series and it's meta before scream.

wait, you don't love texas chainsaw massacre 2? it's unanimously hailed as a classic horror film.
expand

When I first saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 1984 on VHS video, I was scared sh!tless. The movie was so raw, real and in your face, it was unlike anything I had seen up until that time and it left one hell of an impression on me. So when the sequel was released in '86, I was stoked and I made sure to see it asap. I liked TCM2 at first but I still thought it wasn't nearly as good as the 1974 film. I appreciated the fact that Tobe Hooper gave us a sequel to his classic film. I liked Dennis Hopper's performance and Caroline Williams made a great scream queen. Seeing Leatherface and 'The Cook' back in action was great too. But something was missing. The gritty rawness of the original film just wasn't there. Instead, we got a big budget slasher film with pulsating rock music, silly one-liners from the villains ("Incoming mail!!") and an inevitable chainsaw duel at the end.

All in all, it's an entertaining popcorn flick but nothing like the terrifying experience of the first film. Also, TCM2 looks and feels so dated now. Leatherface and his family were so scary in the first film because we hardly knew anything about them. They were just these depraved killers-cum-cannibals living somewhere in rural Texas, murdering whoever was unfortunate enough to stumble on or near their property. I liked the mystery of not knowing much about them. It made them all the more scary. In TCM2, 'The Cook' is now an award-winning chef who makes tasty chili with a "secret" ingredient (!!!)…meh, that just takes away all the mystery and terror right there and turns it into a parody of the first film (which is really what it is).

I'll reiterate: it's entertaining enough but not terrifying like the first film.

cryptoflovecraft said...

When I first saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 1984 on VHS video, I was scared sh!tless. The movie was so raw, real and in your face, it was unlike anything I had seen up until that time and it left one hell of an impression on me. So when the sequel was released in '86, I was stoked and I made sure to see it asap. I liked TCM2 at first but I still thought it wasn't nearly as good as the 1974 film. I appreciated the fact that Tobe Hooper gave us a sequel to his classic film. I liked Dennis Hopper's performance and Caroline Williams made a great scream queen. Seeing Leatherface and 'The Cook' back in action was great too. But something was missing. The gritty rawness of the original film just wasn't there. Instead, we got a big budget slasher film with pulsating rock music, silly one-liners from the villains ("Incoming mail!!") and an inevitable chainsaw duel at the end.

All in all, it's an entertaining popcorn flick but nothing like the terrifying experience of the first film. Also, TCM2 looks and feels so dated now. Leatherface and his family were so scary in the first film because we hardly knew anything about them. They were just these depraved killers-cum-cannibals living somewhere in rural Texas, murdering whoever was unfortunate enough to stumble on or near their property. I liked the mystery of not knowing much about them. It made them all the more scary. In TCM2, 'The Cook' is now an award-winning chef who makes tasty chili with a "secret" ingredient (!!!)…meh, that just takes away all the mystery and terror right there and turns it into a parody of the first film (which is really what it is).

I'll reiterate: it's entertaining enough but not terrifying like the first film.
expand
so beautiful, you describing your first experience watching the tcm. it's always this way, everytime anyone ever talks about watching this movie for the first time its always a very impactful, life changing experience.

my gosh, i'm petrified of this movie and watching this movie. i still haven't gotten the courage to watch it bc the mystique and the legend of this film has always been its extremely hard to watch and it is extremely disturbing and scary.

is it one of the hardest to endure and a grueling experience watching this film the first time? is it really the litmus test to find out if you are a hardcore hardcore movie fan?

if so, what is it about it that is so hard to take, to endure?

ok, so in 1984 you were 14 yrs old very young. so i can understand you being scared ****less you dont have to censor yourself on here by the way. you can swear it's not illegal to swear on this website. this is really cool this fact bc i was the same age the first time i watched a clockwork orange and my gosh this is the hardest film to watch that i ever watched as a kid who is 16 or younger. it was so horribly disturbing.

you have to give credit to part 2 it is so brilliant and so original and so amazingly great. its a horror/comedy masterpiece a classic film and one of the best horror films ever made.

you know its all about experience and expectations. consider this: what if you watched part 2 before you watched the original tcm? then you'd have a completely different view of these 2 films if you watched them when you were 16 or younger. it has to do with what you loved when you were really young and what film shaped your movie watching mind. we love the first of everything more than what we see later usually. the way that these 2 are, we have preferences of the ways a film should be based only on what we saw first. you know what i mean?

for instance my friend, his first friday the 13th film he saw was friday the 13th part 7 so bc of this he told me he thinks of jason as zombie jason over real jason. it's about perception and preference of our first movie in a series.

lol, part 2 looks and feels so dated? but part 1 is 12 years older and has a grainy, documentary style look to it?? how do yo explain this thought?

almost every horror movie series that is a slasher series seems to always go the comedy route after the first film. now some aren't this way like friday the 13th parts 2, 3, 4, 5. and some of the halloweens and hellraiser 2.

but usually they get funny in part 2 and the rest are this way. i think its' bc there is just not enough creative ideas for a slasher film villain to have to make serious sequels.

so you give tcm part 2 4 out of 5 stars?

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... so beautiful, you describing your first experience watching the tcm. it's always this way, everytime anyone ever talks about watching this movie for the first time its always a very impactful, life changing experience.

my gosh, i'm petrified of this movie and watching this movie. i still haven't gotten the courage to watch it bc the mystique and the legend of this film has always been its extremely hard to watch and it is extremely disturbing and scary.

is it one of the hardest to endure and a grueling experience watching this film the first time? is it really the litmus test to find out if you are a hardcore hardcore movie fan?

ok, so in 1984 you were 14 yrs old very young. so i can understand you being scared shitless you dont have to censor yourself on here by the way. you can swear it's not illegal to swear on this website. this is really cool this fact bc i was the same age the first time i watched a clockwork orange and my gosh this is the hardest film to watch that i ever watched as a kid who is 16 or younger. it was so horribly disturbing.

you have to give credit to part 2 it is so brilliant and so original and so amazingly great. its a horror/comedy masterpiece a classic film and one of the best horror films ever made.

you know its all about experience and expectations. consider this: what if you watched part 2 before you watched the original tcm? then you'd have a completely different view of these 2 films if you watched them when you were 16 or younger. it has to do with what you loved when you were really young and what film shaped your movie watching mind. we love the first of everything more than what we see later usually. the way that these 2 are, we have preferences of the ways a film should be based only on what we saw first. you know what i mean?

for instance my friend, his first friday the 13th film he saw was friday the 13th part 7 so bc of this he told me he thinks of jason as zombie jason over real jason. it's about perception and preference of our first movie in a series.

lol, part 2 looks and feels so dated? but part 1 is 12 years older and has a grainy, documentary style look to it?? how do yo explain this thought?

almost every horror movie series that is a slasher series seems to always go the comedy route after the first film. now some aren't this way like friday the 13th parts 2, 3, 4, 5. and some of the halloweens and hellraiser 2.

but usually they get funny in part 2 and the rest are this way. i think its' bc there is just not enough creative ideas for a slasher film villain to have to make serious sequels.

expand
i'm petrified of this movie and watching this movie. i still haven't gotten the courage to watch it bc the mystique and the legend of this film has always been its extremely hard to watch and it is extremely disturbing and scary.

I'm surprised you haven't watched it yet since you love horror movies so much.

It was a "grueling experience" the first time I watched it because it was so raw and intense (esp. the scenes with Marilyn Chambers tied to the chair) but subsequent viewings weren't so bad. Nowadays, I see the film as more of a black comedy. I laugh during scenes that I used to find scary because I think Hooper was interjecting some humor into the proceedings. Case in point: The scene with wheelchair-bound Franklin and "Hitchhiker", Leatherface's demented brother, in the van together is hilarious. It was like the two characters - one a soon to be victim, the other a stone cold killer - were really hitting it off and having an enjoyable conversation about slaughterhouses! The first time I saw that scene though, I thought it was scary because of Hitchhiker's appearance and bizarre behavior.

Yes, but even if I saw TCM2 first I'd probably still think the 1974 film is the superior film.

part 2 looks and feels so dated? but part 1 is 12 years older and has a grainy, documentary style look to it?? how do yo explain this thought?

Precisely because it has that low budget grainy documentary look to it, it has stood the test of time. Also, the first film didn't have any soundtrack music. That helped give it a timeless quality. TCM2 has an 80's new wave soundtrack that places it firmly in that decade. (I still have the soundtrack album in my record collection. It was released by I.R.S. Records and features songs by Timbuk 3, Oingo Boingo, Concrete Blonde, Stewart Copeland of The Police and other artists that were popular in the 80s.)

3 out of 5 stars…

However, I'd give Caroline Williams' legs 5 out of 5 stars! Easily.

cryptoflovecraft said...
i'm petrified of this movie and watching this movie. i still haven't gotten the courage to watch it bc the mystique and the legend of this film has always been its extremely hard to watch and it is extremely disturbing and scary.

I'm surprised you haven't watched it yet since you love horror movies so much.

It was a "grueling experience" the first time I watched it because it was so raw and intense (esp. the scenes with Marilyn Chambers tied to the chair) but subsequent viewings weren't so bad. Nowadays, I see the film as more of a black comedy. I laugh during scenes that I used to find scary because I think Hooper was interjecting some humor into the proceedings. Case in point: The scene with wheelchair-bound Franklin and "Hitchhiker", Leatherface's demented brother, in the van together is hilarious. It was like the two characters - one a soon to be victim, the other a stone cold killer - were really hitting it off and having an enjoyable conversation about slaughterhouses! The first time I saw that scene though, I thought it was scary because of Hitchhiker's appearance and bizarre behavior.

Yes, but even if I saw TCM2 first I'd probably still think the 1974 film is the superior film.

part 2 looks and feels so dated? but part 1 is 12 years older and has a grainy, documentary style look to it?? how do yo explain this thought?

Precisely because it has that low budget grainy documentary look to it, it has stood the test of time. Also, the first film didn't have any soundtrack music. That helped give it a timeless quality. TCM2 has an 80's new wave soundtrack that places it firmly in that decade. (I still have the soundtrack album in my record collection. It was released by I.R.S. Records and features songs by Timbuk 3, Oingo Boingo, Concrete Blonde, Stewart Copeland of The Police and other artists that were popular in the 80s.)

3 out of 5 stars…

However, I'd give Caroline Williams' legs 5 out of 5 stars! Easily.
expand
i've thought often about how i've still never watched one of the most popular horror movies ever made in tcm. but the reason i have is what has always kept me from being able to endure it. maybe some day, some day before i die i will finally find out it's not all that hard to watch and i will finally watch it.

marilyn chambers??? lol. you mean marilyn burns. marilyn chambers is a porn star from the '70s! lol. now i know what other kinds of movies you watch. lol

i love marilyn chambers in rabid, the david cronenberg film made in 1977. if you have never watch it, it comes with my highest recommendation.

wait that is contradiction though. how can a film that is grainy on purpose be not as dated looking as a film that is shot in a more professional and more expensive and more clear looking way?

now i love oingo boingo. i hope you do too. they are such a rad and fresh and original band who made such thrilling and great music in the '80s.

still need more information about how can a film that has a grainy look, look less dated than a film that looks a lot more glossy and clear than it does?

i love what you wrote about caroline williams legs in tcm part 2. my gosh the part where the chainsaw is right between her legs is so ****ing hot.

you have to watch in search of darkness on here. you can watch it for free on here by just searching for the title and clicking on the video. it is one of the best and most comprehensive '80s horror film documentaries ever made. it really is insightful and it has a lot of the actors and directors who made the films they talk about talking about a lot of the best horror films made in the 1980s.

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... i've thought often about how i've still never watched one of the most popular horror movies ever made in tcm. but the reason i have is what has always kept me from being able to endure it. maybe some day, some day before i die i will finally find out it's not all that hard to watch and i will finally watch it.

marilyn chambers??? lol. you mean marilyn burns. marilyn chambers is a porn star from the '70s! lol. now i know what other kinds of movies you watch. lol

i love marilyn chambers in rabid, the david cronenberg film made in 1977. if you have never watch it, it comes with my highest recommendation.

wait that is contradiction though. how can a film that is grainy on purpose be not as dated looking as a film that is shot in a more professional and more expensive and more clear looking way?

now i love oingo boingo. i hope you do too. they are such a rad and fresh and original band who made such thrilling and great music in the '80s.

still need more information about how can a film that has a grainy look, look less dated than a film that looks a lot more glossy and clear than it does?

i love what you wrote about caroline williams legs in tcm part 2. my gosh the part where the chainsaw is right between her legs is so fucking hot.

you have to watch in search of darkness on here. you can watch it for free on here by just searching for the title and clicking on the video. it is one of the best and most comprehensive '80s horror film documentaries ever made. it really is insightful and it has a lot of the actors and directors who made the films they talk about talking about a lot of the best horror films made in the 1980s.
expand
marilyn chambers??? lol. you mean marilyn burns.

Ha-ha. Yes, Burns. She was great in TCM. Burns also played Linda Kasabian, the "good" Manson girl, in the made for TV movie Helter Skelter.

I like Marilyn Chambers, too. Loved her in Rabid. Never seen any of her porn films though. sad.gif I'm a big fan of Cronenberg's early horror films.

Yeah, I like them. "Only A Lad" is a longtime favorite of mine.

I don't know but it does! Like I said before, it has a timeless quality to it. TCM2 looks (and feels) so much like the mid-1980s to me. (Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. I enjoyed 1986, for the most part.)

cryptoflovecraft said...
marilyn chambers??? lol. you mean marilyn burns.

Ha-ha. Yes, Burns. She was great in TCM. Burns also played Linda Kasabian, the "good" Manson girl, in the made for TV movie Helter Skelter.

I like Marilyn Chambers, too. Loved her in Rabid. Never seen any of her porn films though. sad.gif I'm a big fan of Cronenberg's early horror films.

Yeah, I like them. "Only A Lad" is a longtime favorite of mine.

I don't know but it does! Like I said before, it has a timeless quality to it. TCM2 looks (and feels) so much like the mid-1980s to me. (Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. I enjoyed 1986, for the most part.)
expand
see now you're talking! yes, what is your name? i'm luke. maybe we can become friends after all. you're staring to talk with your interests and loves like a few people who were in my life who i was fond of at one time. a friend of mine is a big horror movie fan, a die hard fan and he loved tcm part 2, you like it.

and only a lad is a song which this guy i used to email who was a friend of my sister said he liked. i love it when a person who has similar interests and likes as me connects with another person who has similar interests and likes as me. this gives me pleasure and it shows how similar people are who have similar likes.

certain people who like cultish and horror films have intersecting likes with other people who like cultish and horror films. they are in the same zone of likes.

i love how you said "good" manson girl. lol, i mean how can we honestly differentiate between a bad and a good manson girl? we have all deranged, mind controlled, drug controlled, slutty girls who did and said whatever manson made them. they are all responsible of the bad things that happened, and willing partners with manson, no matter how active or hands on that they were. they were all accomplices.

i love that one of my favorite actress's of all time linnea quigley's favorite movies is the texas chainsaw massacre.

marilyn burns was a christian in the last part of her life, she was in a christian movie. she sadly passed away a few years ago. what she did in tcm will forever be respected by horror film fans as one of the best scream queen performances of all time.

one time i miss said the name betty page as betty ford to my friend who loves betty page. lol.

so i think it's cool you miss said marilyn burns as marilyn chambers.

she is a force of nature in rabid. oh my gosh i just got a chill thinking about this movie. this is one freaking creepy and just unsettling, weird ass movie. cronenberg has this unbelievable way of getting under your skin in his '70s and '80s movies.

no other director has really done this like he has. the reason why and the way he does it is by using common psychological body horror ideas that bring fear to most people bc they are common biological truths. everyone is afraid of things that can happen to us and do happen to us.

i love how you are sad you've never watched any of marilyn chambers porn films. i'm sad about this also. she's in behind the green door. one of the most famous porn films of all time.

i'm a big an of cronenberg's early, '70s films, and '80s films also. there has never been any film director like him ever and never will be bc he's too intelligent and too weird of a person for there ever to have been a film director like him.

only a lad is extremely original. if you read the lyrics of this song you'll find out that the song is one of the most brilliant songs ever written. it is so insightful and realistic. what i love about this song is the way it sounds, the music, and the singing, it's a very catchy and lovable song that i love.

it's actually featured in the movie surf 2 in 1983. very cool bc this is a cool cultish movie. and to think how danny elfman has gone on to have a huge career in hollywood, scoring movies for over 30 years now is really impressive. his work has been in several tim burton movies.

weird science the song made the movie weird science iconic.

so is it that just by nature, a grainy and documentary style of filmmaking is timeless? bc it's not going to age bc how much worse or unclear or blurry or grainy can it get as the years pass? or is it that as filmmaking technology gets better and makes films look clearer to have a film that doesn't uses film technology it is exempt from looking outdated? is it bc it works in that its a documentary or is made to look like one so it should and has to look grainy?

i need to know have you watched in search of darkness on here for free? it is essential viewing for everyone really into horror films. they dissect every single part of a lot of classic '80s horror films.

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... see now you're talking! yes, what is your name? i'm luke. maybe we can become friends after all. you're staring to talk with your interests and loves like a few people who were in my life who i was fond of at one time. a friend of mine is a big horror movie fan, a die hard fan and he loved tcm part 2, you like it.

and only a lad is a song which this guy i used to email who was a friend of my sister said he liked. i love it when a person who has similar interests and likes as me connects with another person who has similar interests and likes as me. this gives me pleasure and it shows how similar people are who have similar likes.

certain people who like cultish and horror films have intersecting likes with other people who like cultish and horror films. they are in the same zone of likes.

i love how you said "good" manson girl. lol, i mean how can we honestly differentiate between a bad and a good manson girl? we have all deranged, mind controlled, drug controlled, slutty girls who did and said whatever manson made them. they are all responsible of the bad things that happened, and willing partners with manson, no matter how active or hands on that they were. they were all accomplices.

i love that one of my favorite actress's of all time linnea quigley's favorite movies is the texas chainsaw massacre.

marilyn burns was a christian in the last part of her life, she was in a christian movie. she sadly passed away a few years ago. what she did in tcm will forever be respected by horror film fans as one of the best scream queen performances of all time.

one time i miss said the name betty page as betty ford to my friend who loves betty page. lol.

so i think it's cool you miss said marilyn burns as marilyn chambers.

she is a force of nature in rabid. oh my gosh i just got a chill thinking about this movie. this is one freaking creepy and just unsettling, weird ass movie. cronenberg has this unbelievable way of getting under your skin in his '70s and '80s movies.

no other director has really done this like he has. the reason why and the way he does it is by using common psychological body horror ideas that bring fear to most people bc they are common biological truths. everyone is afraid of things that can happen to us and do happen to us.

i love how you are sad you've never watched any of marilyn chambers porn films. i'm sad about this also. she's in behind the green door. one of the most famous porn films of all time.

i'm a big an of cronenberg's early, '70s films, and '80s films also. there has never been any film director like him ever and never will be bc he's too intelligent and too weird of a person for there ever to have been a film director like him.

only a lad is extremely original. if you read the lyrics of this song you'll find out that the song is one of the most brilliant songs ever written. it is so insightful and realistic. what i love about this song is the way it sounds, the music, and the singing, it's a very catchy and lovable song that i love.

it's actually featured in the movie surf 2 in 1983. very cool bc this is a cool cultish movie. and to think how danny elfman has gone on to have a huge career in hollywood, scoring movies for over 30 years now is really impressive. his work has been in several tim burton movies.

weird science the song made the movie weird science iconic.

so is it that just by nature, a grainy and documentary style of filmmaking is timeless? bc it's not going to age bc how much worse or unclear or blurry or grainy can it get as the years pass? or is it that as filmmaking technology gets better and makes films look clearer to have a film that doesn't uses film technology it is exempt from looking outdated? is it bc it works in that its a documentary or is made to look like one so it should and has to look grainy?

i need to know have you watched in search of darkness on here for free? it is essential viewing for everyone really into horror films. they dissect every single part of a lot of classic '80s horror films.
expand
Hi Luke,

what is your name?

I like going by the name Crypt. Only in PMs (and if I know the user well) would I give out my real first name.

cronenberg has this unbelievable way of getting under your skin in his '70s and '80s movies.

Yes, his movies are disturbing in a way that other films aren't. The Brood and Videodrome deal with things like brain tumors and cancerous growths. Not pleasant subject matter!

TCM just works so well as a raw, real, documentary-like horror film because of its low budget, lack of music/soundtrack, plausible plot and bizarre villains, and Tobe Hooper's excellent directing. Apparently, Hooper knew what he wanted and he got the desired results with just a shoestring budget. Not all directors are capable of that. Obviously, not all films done in that grainy documentary style are going to work. It takes a talented hand to make it work.

No, I haven't watched it. I'll check it out when I get the time…

cryptoflovecraft said... Hi Luke,

what is your name?

I like going by the name Crypt. Only in PMs (and if I know the user well) would I give out my real first name.

cronenberg has this unbelievable way of getting under your skin in his '70s and '80s movies.

Yes, his movies are disturbing in a way that other films aren't. The Brood and Videodrome deal with things like brain tumors and cancerous growths. Not pleasant subject matter!

TCM just works so well as a raw, real, documentary-like horror film because of its low budget, lack of music/soundtrack, plausible plot and bizarre villains, and Tobe Hooper's excellent directing. Apparently, Hooper knew what he wanted and he got the desired results with just a shoestring budget. Not all directors are capable of that. Obviously, not all films done in that grainy documentary style are going to work. It takes a talented hand to make it work.

No, I haven't watched it. I'll check it out when I get the time…
expand
have you ever watched scanners or shivers directed by cronenberg? oh my gosh shivers is so amazingly great. this is art horror at it's best. it really defies description and exists in this weird plane that is all it's own. i've never watched anything like it.

scannners is completely original and like no other movie. also it has the highest level of film quality in filmmaking has the highest film and art integrity and it has the highest art film level of quality.

videodrome is one of the best films ever made. it also is unlike any movie that has ever been made and is amazingly great in filmmaking quality and in film techniques. dead ringers is also amazingly great, and perfect in it's ideas and ways of expressing them and in its film quality. it's a perfect film and is not like any other film.

what makes cronenberg one of the best directors in the history of films is he knows the science of everything his films have in them. so he's a scientist making films.

most directors don't know half of what they are talking about when putting science in their movies this is why a lot of movies have unrealistic action scenes and unrealistic information in the dialogues of characters. a lot of movies have scenes that are just there to be entertaining without thinking about if it's possible to happen in real life.

so even if it's something unrealistic like the characters in scanners or the characters in rabid cronenberg makes these unrealistic things seem real bc he creates scientific rules that scientifically work if the science was there for these things to exist.

do you know what i mean by cronenberg understanding the science of everything in his movies and that most directors don't do this before making a movie?

have you ever watched the last house on dead end street?

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... have you ever watched scanners or shivers directed by cronenberg? oh my gosh shivers is so amazingly great. this is art horror at it's best. it really defies description and exists in this weird plane that is all it's own. i've never watched anything like it.

scannners is completely original and like no other movie. also it has the highest level of film quality in filmmaking has the highest film and art integrity and it has the highest art film level of quality.

videodrome is one of the best films ever made. it also is unlike any movie that has ever been made and is amazingly great in filmmaking quality and in film techniques. dead ringers is also amazingly great, and perfect in it's ideas and ways of expressing them and in its film quality. it's a perfect film and is not like any other film.

what makes cronenberg one of the best directors in the history of films is he knows the science of everything his films have in them. so he's a scientist making films.

most directors don't know half of what they are talking about when putting science in their movies this is why a lot of movies have unrealistic action scenes and unrealistic information in the dialogues of characters. a lot of movies have scenes that are just there to be entertaining without thinking about if it's possible to happen in real life.

so even if it's something unrealistic like the characters in scanners or the characters in rabid cronenberg makes these unrealistic things seem real bc he creates scientific rules that scientifically work if the science was there for these things to exist.

do you know what i mean by cronenberg understanding the science of everything in his movies and that most directors don't do this before making a movie?

expand
have you ever watched scanners or shivers directed by cronenberg?

Yes, I love them both. Shivers is such a bizarre little film. All those people young and old alike being turned into sex zombies! By the end of the film, all of the residents of the apartment complex have been turned into horny, sex-crazed zombies ready to infect (we assume) the rest of Montreal with their virus.

I concur. It was a great story too. Two brothers - one evil, one good - using their psychic gift ("scanners") for completely different purposes. Michael Ironside (the bad brother) and Stephen Lack (the good one) both turned in great performances. Some people think Lack's performance was terrible because it was so dull and emotionless but that was the whole point of his character; he was supposed to be that way (barely human) because of years of social isolation due to being a scanner. I was rooting for Ironside's charcter (Darryl Revok) though. He was such a great villain and a visionary of sorts. ("We'll bring the world of normals to their knees. We'll build an empire so brilliant, so glorious. We'll be the envy of the whole planet.")

Videodrome is easily my favorite Cronenberg film and one of my favorite horror films of all time. It's his greatest accomplishment as a filmmaker imo and a brilliant work of art. James Woods and Debbie Harry were perfectly cast.

Dead Ringers is great too…but so depressing. I only watched it once (way back in 1989).

so he's a scientist making films…do you know what i mean by cronenberg understanding the science of everything in his movies and that most directors don't do this before making a movie?

Yes, nice way of putting it. I agree.

I've heard of it but never seen it. It looks interesting.

I'm a big fan of Last House on the Left. Produced by Sean Cunningham, who would go on to direct Friday the 13th in 1980, and directed by the great Wes Craven.

cryptoflovecraft said...
have you ever watched scanners or shivers directed by cronenberg?

Yes, I love them both. Shivers is such a bizarre little film. All those people young and old alike being turned into sex zombies! By the end of the film, all of the residents of the apartment complex have been turned into horny, sex-crazed zombies ready to infect (we assume) the rest of Montreal with their virus.

I concur. It was a great story too. Two brothers - one evil, one good - using their psychic gift ("scanners") for completely different purposes. Michael Ironside (the bad brother) and Stephen Lack (the good one) both turned in great performances. Some people think Lack's performance was terrible because it was so dull and emotionless but that was the whole point of his character; he was supposed to be that way (barely human) because of years of social isolation due to being a scanner. I was rooting for Ironside's charcter (Darryl Revok) though. He was such a great villain and a visionary of sorts. ("We'll bring the world of normals to their knees. We'll build an empire so brilliant, so glorious. We'll be the envy of the whole planet.")

Videodrome is easily my favorite Cronenberg film and one of my favorite horror films of all time. It's his greatest accomplishment as a filmmaker imo and a brilliant work of art. James Woods and Debbie Harry were perfectly cast.

Dead Ringers is great too…but so depressing. I only watched it once (way back in 1989).

so he's a scientist making films…do you know what i mean by cronenberg understanding the science of everything in his movies and that most directors don't do this before making a movie?

Yes, nice way of putting it. I agree.

I've heard of it but never seen it. It looks interesting.

I'm a big fan of Last House on the Left. Produced by Sean Cunningham, who would go on to direct Friday the 13th in 1980, and directed by the great Wes Craven.
expand
so i just, well a few months ago re watched dead ringers and that was the second time i've watched it. i actually was even more impressed than i was the first time and i was really impressed with it the first time . the first time i watched it i was about 22 now i'm 43.

this is a very dark, very scientific intensive and required film. it has one of the most memorable and lasting performances in modern film by jeremy irons in 2 roles, both are just as great. it' depressing though, you're right. and bc of this i'm not sure it really has re-watchability to it.

and it has a really slow, plodding, methodical story pace that you have to like to really enjoy it. and its' the kind of movie you have really pay attention to all the lines in it bc the lines are very story driven and you have to really pay attention to it to always know what is going on.

the story is utterly brilliant and the way the story progresses is really unique and intriguing.

so, give it another watch soon and tell me how much you like it ok? will you watch it again soon for me?

it deserves to be watched at least 2 times in everyone's life to really appreciate it.

videodrome is definitely one of my favorite and most enjoyed cronenberg films bc it's so flashy and dynamic. it has some very iconic and great moments and imagery. images that will be classic film images forever. it has a great story that as time goes on is getting more and more relevant with each new technology in the world.

it has a great performance from james woods and holy **** debbie harry has never been hotter in her whole career in singing, music, and in movies or anywhere else. it's kind of like scanners in that it has these extraordinary people in these extreme situations doing extreme things in them.

what i love about cronenberg is like george a. romero he always has deep subtext, metaphors speaking about deep social issues that affect us all.

cronenberg, i think is the most intelligent movie director of all time. and i know he's a visionary film director. do you also think cronenberg is the most intelligent movie director of all time?

yes the 2 leads in scanners are great in their performances. i was hugely impressed with the restrained performance from michael ironside. he's in the moment in the iconic scene with his brother at the end. if you watch him later in his career in the '90s, he's well not that good and he leaves a little to be desired i think, bc he kind of over acts in '90s movies i think.

the final showdown between brothers is very well made, staged, and feels powerful and magical. it looks and feels real also which is impressive bc it could have been kind of fake looking.

do you love the brood? i finally watched this film a few years ago and was mesmerized and transported to this world, this alternate reality. wow, what an impressive film. it's very vivid in it's images and moments. it also has one of my all time favorite actors to my delight, oliver reed. i will watch him in anything and everything. he's always so compelling and intriguing to watch bc he's such a great actor in everything.

he gives a great nuanced performance in this film. the killer kids in this film are so freaking scary and disturbing my gosh. they creeped me out in a way that is very rare in killer kids movies i have to say. they are so odd and mysterious which adds to their creepiness and how disturbing and scary they are.

yes, i love how you love the last house on the left. i've always wanted to watch it bc way back when i was 12 i watched this documentary on horror films called this is horror and in it sam raimi my favorite director at the time said during his on the set of evil dead 2 interview that he was influenced by this film. but like the texas chanisaw masscare i've always been too afraid to watch it bc i've always heard it's a very hard film to watch and it's very disturbing.

maybe one day i will finally sit down and watch it and t tcm.

is the last house on the left hard to watch, grueling, and hard to endure?

wes craven disowned it so it must be really extreme and inappropriate.

from what i've read about the last house on dead end street is it's a very hard film to endure bc of it's kind of filmmaking techniques and atmosphere. it has this drug fueled look and feel i've read. i guess the filmmakers were on acid or some other drug while making it.

i read the behind the scenes story of it is just as amazing and captivating as the film. like how the director roger watkins fell off the face of the earth and was not known of for like 25 years right after it was made. then finally they dug up information about the film and put out a retrospective dvd of it with a new interview with roger watkins in like 2005.

they made the title what it is to cash in on the success of the last house on the left. so it's about a guy fresh out of prison for a drug charge who gets his friends together to make a film except it's not a regular film it's a snuff film.

maybe you'll watch it someday and we can talk about it together…

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... so i just, well a few months ago re watched dead ringers and that was the second time i've watched it. i actually was even more impressed than i was the first time and i was really impressed with it the first time . the first time i watched it i was about 22 now i'm 43.

this is a very dark, very scientific intensive and required film. it has one of the most memorable and lasting performances in modern film by jeremy irons in 2 roles, both are just as great. it' depressing though, you're right. and bc of this i'm not sure it really has re-watchability to it.

and it has a really slow, plodding, methodical story pace that you have to like to really enjoy it. and its' the kind of movie you have really pay attention to all the lines in it bc the lines are very story driven and you have to really pay attention to it to always know what is going on.

the story is utterly brilliant and the way the story progresses is really unique and intriguing.

so, give it another watch soon and tell me how much you like it ok? will you watch it again soon for me?

it deserves to be watched at least 2 times in everyone's life to really appreciate it.

videodrome is definitely one of my favorite and most enjoyed cronenberg films bc it's so flashy and dynamic. it has some very iconic and great moments and imagery. images that will be classic film images forever. it has a great story that as time goes on is getting more and more relevant with each new technology in the world.

it has a great performance from james woods and holy fuck debbie harry has never been hotter in her whole career in singing, music, and in movies or anywhere else. it's kind of like scanners in that it has these extraordinary people in these extreme situations doing extreme things in them.

what i love about cronenberg is like george a. romero he always has deep subtext, metaphors speaking about deep social issues that affect us all.

cronenberg, i think is the most intelligent movie director of all time. and i know he's a visionary film director. do you also think cronenberg is the most intelligent movie director of all time?

yes the 2 leads in scanners are great in their performances. i was hugely impressed with the restrained performance from michael ironside. he's in the moment in the iconic scene with his brother at the end. if you watch him later in his career in the '90s, he's well not that good and he leaves a little to be desired i think, bc he kind of over acts in '90s movies i think.

the final showdown between brothers is very well made, staged, and feels powerful and magical. it looks and feels real also which is impressive bc it could have been kind of fake looking.

do you love the brood? i finally watched this film a few years ago and was mesmerized and transported to this world, this alternate reality. wow, what an impressive film. it's very vivid in it's images and moments. it also has one of my all time favorite actors to my delight, oliver reed. i will watch him in anything and everything. he's always so compelling and intriguing to watch bc he's such a great actor in everything.

he gives a great nuanced performance in this film. the killer kids in this film are so freaking scary and disturbing my gosh. they creeped me out in a way that is very rare in killer kids movies i have to say. they are so odd and mysterious which adds to their creepiness and how disturbing and scary they are.

yes, i love how you love the last house on the left. i've always wanted to watch it bc way back when i was 12 i watched this documentary on horror films called this is horror and in it sam raimi my favorite director at the time said during his on the set of evil dead 2 interview that he was influenced by this film. but like the texas chanisaw masscare i've always been too afraid to watch it bc i've always heard it's a very hard film to watch and it's very disturbing.

maybe one day i will finally sit down and watch it and t tcm.

wes craven disowned it so it must be really extreme and inappropriate.

from what i've read about the last house on dead end street is it's a very hard film to endure bc of it's kind of filmmaking techniques and atmosphere. it has this drug fueled look and feel i've read. i guess the filmmakers were on acid or some other drug while making it.

i read the behind the scenes story of it is just as amazing and captivating as the film. like how the director roger watkins fell off the face of the earth and was not known of for like 25 years right after it was made. then finally they dug up information about the film and put out a retrospective dvd of it with a new interview with roger watkins in like 2005.

they made the title what it is to cash in on the success of the last house on the left. so it's about a guy fresh out of prison for a drug charge who gets his friends together to make a film except it's not a regular film it's a snuff film.

maybe you'll watch it someday and we can talk about it together…
expand

I might watch Dead Ringers again someday and I'll tell you about it if I do but I can't make any promises.

I don't know who the "most intelligent" director of all time is but there's no denying that Cronenberg's films are cerebral, thought-provoking and unique.

Yes, it's a great horror film. Probably the most disturbing of Cronenberg's earliest films. I agree that Reed's performance is superb. Reed was also great in Curse of the Werewolf (1961), my favorite Hammer horror film, and Burnt Offerings (1976), one of my favorite haunted house films (the film's stellar cast includes Reed, Karen Black, Bette Davis and Burgess Meredith). Watch Burnt Offerings sometime if you haven't seen it already, it's a brilliant and creepy slowburn 70's horror film based on an excellent novel by Robert Marasco - and I believe it inspired Stephen King's The Shining to a certain extent.

It was very hard to endure the first time I watched it esp. the rape scene. And believe it or not, Last House is actually a retelling of Ingmar Bergman's highly acclaimed film The Virgin Spring.

It's interesting to note that the main killer/antagonist in Last House is a depraved cretin named "Krug" (excellently played by character actor David Hess) and years later Wes Craven would invent yet another iconic villain/killer named "Freddy Krueger"…hmm, very similar names (the "u" is pronounced the same way in both names). Coincidence? Probably not. In any case, Krug is a far more disturbing and believable villain than Freddy Krueger ever was. Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes remain my favorite Wes Craven films.

Last House on the Left inspired a handful of imitators including Night Train Murders (1975), a good Italian rape/revenge horror thriller, and I Spit on Your Grave (1978), another infamously graphic and mean-spirited rape/revenge horror film. None of these films are pleasant viewing experiences and in some ways they're precursors to today's torture porn films. Last House on the Left is not for everybody and it's inspired some truly trashy films, I suppose, but it is effective horror and I can't help but recommend it for horror fans.

I can't believe Craven disowned it! WTF?! …Even Roger Ebert gave it a good review.

cryptoflovecraft said...

I might watch Dead Ringers again someday and I'll tell you about it if I do but I can't make any promises.

I don't know who the "most intelligent" director of all time is but there's no denying that Cronenberg's films are cerebral, thought-provoking and unique.

Yes, it's a great horror film. Probably the most disturbing of Cronenberg's earliest films. I agree that Reed's performance is superb. Reed was also great in Curse of the Werewolf (1961), my favorite Hammer horror film, and Burnt Offerings (1976), one of my favorite haunted house films (the film's stellar cast includes Reed, Karen Black, Bette Davis and Burgess Meredith). Watch Burnt Offerings sometime if you haven't seen it already, it's a brilliant and creepy slowburn 70's horror film based on an excellent novel by Robert Marasco - and I believe it inspired Stephen King's The Shining to a certain extent.

It was very hard to endure the first time I watched it esp. the rape scene. And believe it or not, Last House is actually a retelling of Ingmar Bergman's highly acclaimed film The Virgin Spring.

It's interesting to note that the main killer/antagonist in Last House is a depraved cretin named "Krug" (excellently played by character actor David Hess) and years later Wes Craven would invent yet another iconic villain/killer named "Freddy Krueger"…hmm, very similar names (the "u" is pronounced the same way in both names). Coincidence? Probably not. In any case, Krug is a far more disturbing and believable villain than Freddy Krueger ever was. Last House on the Left and The Hills Have Eyes remain my favorite Wes Craven films.

Last House on the Left inspired a handful of imitators including Night Train Murders (1975), a good Italian rape/revenge horror thriller, and I Spit on Your Grave (1978), another infamously graphic and mean-spirited rape/revenge horror film. None of these films are pleasant viewing experiences and in some ways they're precursors to today's torture porn films. Last House on the Left is not for everybody and it's inspired some truly trashy films, I suppose, but it is effective horror and I can't help but recommend it for horror fans.

I can't believe Craven disowned it! WTF?! …Even Roger Ebert gave it a good review.
expand
i love how you said watch burnt offerings bc i just watched it for the first time a few months ago. and sadly i hated it bc it was very boring to me. although i did kind of like the amityville horror(1979) which i finally watched for the first time a few months ago also.

oliver reed plays a very weird out of context or control person in burnt offerings. it's highly original acting take on a character that reed achieved. burnt offerings is from 1974 by the way. by the way karen black has one of the weirdest looking faces i've ever seen in she movie. not putting her face looks down just saying she has a very weird looking face in this movie.

probably the most disturbing of early cronenberg films? it's by far his most disturbing early film.

if you want to watch a great performance from oliver reed well he always gave a great performance but one i just saw for the first time is his performance in the hunting party. he's so mesmerizing an charismatic in this film. this is a guy who has complete control over his acting in so many movies.

that's the part of the last house on the left that got the most criticism and controversy, the rape scene. they showed a scene from the virgin spring in the interview wes craven gives while being interviewed by mick garris about 10 years ago that i watched. it was a prt of a series of interviews made by mick garris called post mortem in this interview wes admitted tlhotl is a variation on the virgin spring.

is a retelling the same thing as a remake?

i love so much that the last house on the left and the hills have eyes remain your favorite wes craven films bc of the legends of these classic films. i've never watched either film bc i've always been afraid of watching them bc of how disturbing their reputations are but have always been impressed with their reputations as being genre classics and pushing the envelope in disturbing horror films.

he explains in the interview i mentioned that he was raised a strict methodist. he was so sheltered that he didnt' watch his first disney movie until he was 25 years old!

so you can see why he disowned this nasty piece of film called the last house on the left now right?

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... i love how you said watch burnt offerings bc i just watched it for the first time a few months ago. and sadly i hated it bc it was very boring to me. although i did kind of like the amityville horror(1979) which i finally watched for the first time a few months ago also.

oliver reed plays a very weird out of context or control person in burnt offerings. it's highly original acting take on a character that reed achieved. burnt offerings is from 1974 by the way. by the way karen black has one of the weirdest looking faces i've ever seen in she movie. not putting her face looks down just saying she has a very weird looking face in this movie.

probably the most disturbing of early cronenberg films? it's by far his most disturbing early film.

if you want to watch a great performance from oliver reed well he always gave a great performance but one i just saw for the first time is his performance in the hunting party. he's so mesmerizing an charismatic in this film. this is a guy who has complete control over his acting in so many movies.

that's the part of the last house on the left that got the most criticism and controversy, the rape scene. they showed a scene from the virgin spring in the interview wes craven gives while being interviewed by mick garris about 10 years ago that i watched. it was a prt of a series of interviews made by mick garris called post mortem in this interview wes admitted tlhotl is a variation on the virgin spring.

is a retelling the same thing as a remake?

i love so much that the last house on the left and the hills have eyes remain your favorite wes craven films bc of the legends of these classic films. i've never watched either film bc i've always been afraid of watching them bc of how disturbing their reputations are but have always been impressed with their reputations as being genre classics and pushing the envelope in disturbing horror films.

he explains in the interview i mentioned that he was raised a strict methodist. he was so sheltered that he didnt' watch his first disney movie until he was 25 years old!

so you can see why he disowned this nasty piece of film called the last house on the left now right?
expand
burnt offerings is from 1974 by the way.

Nope, it's 1976

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074258/

The novel came out in 1973.

by the way karen black has one of the weirdest looking faces i've ever seen in she movie. not putting her face looks down just saying she has a very weird looking face in this movie.

She had a unique face. I always thought she was beautiful.

if you want to watch a great performance from oliver reed well he always gave a great performance but one i just saw for the first time is his performance in the hunting party.

I've seen it. Good Western. Reed was also good in Z.P.G.(Zero Population Growth) (1972), a dystopian science fiction film about a future society where couples aren't allowed to have babies anymore due to severe overpopulation, and Gladiator (2000), which was his last role, I believe.

Not really. giveup.gif So he was raised in a strict religious family, but that was before he made Last House on the Left. I still can't see why he would disown the film.

cryptoflovecraft said...
burnt offerings is from 1974 by the way.

Nope, it's 1976

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074258/

The novel came out in 1973.

by the way karen black has one of the weirdest looking faces i've ever seen in she movie. not putting her face looks down just saying she has a very weird looking face in this movie.

She had a unique face. I always thought she was beautiful.

if you want to watch a great performance from oliver reed well he always gave a great performance but one i just saw for the first time is his performance in the hunting party.

I've seen it. Good Western. Reed was also good in Z.P.G.(Zero Population Growth) (1972), a dystopian science fiction film about a future society where couples aren't allowed to have babies anymore due to severe overpopulation, and Gladiator (2000), which was his last role, I believe.

Not really. giveup.gif So he was raised in a strict religious family, but that was before he made Last House on the Left. I still can't see why he would disown the film.
expand
you're wrong bc i just watched the movie and it said 1974 in the credits.

unique but also androgynous and man looking like a woman face. hermaphrodyte face and transsexual face

now weren't you as disturbed as i was when watching the hunting party? the way gene hackman was so horrible of a person, so evil and so hateable to the point where you hate him so much? the way he would kill people so evily and without any emotion and when he killed oliver reed and his girlfriend weren't you so sad and mad at him like i was?

oliver reed acted in so many horror films and i think the reason why is he could play such bad people bc of the way he looked and the way he talked bc of his voice.

don't you understand that wes craven's upbringing gave him a religious conscious that would and could never go away bc of his strong religious upbringing? when a person is raised in that strict of a way they can never fully escape feelings of being allegiant to their religion and faith and feeling guilt from sinning against their religion and faith.

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... you're wrong bc i just watched the movie and it said 1974 in the credits.

unique but also androgynous and man looking like a woman face. hermaphrodyte face and transsexual face

now weren't you as disturbed as i was when watching the hunting party? the way gene hackman was so horrible of a person, so evil and so hateable to the point where you hate him so much? the way he would kill people so evily and without any emotion and when he killed oliver reed and his girlfriend weren't you so sad and mad at him like i was?

oliver reed acted in so many horror films and i think the reason why is he could play such bad people bc of the way he looked and the way he talked bc of his voice.

don't you understand that wes craven's upbringing gave him a religious conscious that would and could never go away bc of his strong religious upbringing? when a person is raised in that strict of a way they can never fully escape feelings of being allegiant to their religion and faith and feeling guilt from sinning against their religion and faith.
expand
you're wrong bc i just watched the movie and it said 1974 in the credits.

"Filming took place in August 1975 at the Dunsmuir House located in Oakland, California.[6]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnt_Offerings_(film)

lukejbarnett said... you're wrong bc i just watched the movie and it said 1974 in the credits.

expand
now weren't you as disturbed as i was when watching the hunting party?

No, I don't think I found the film to be disturbing at all but it's been awhile since I watched it. I liked Reed's character though and Hackman has always been good at playing assholes.

Good point. Reed had a distinctive voice and an "intense" look to him. He always looked like a guy on the verge of losing his sanity.

don't you understand that wes craven's upbringing gave him a religious conscious that would and could never go away bc of his strong religious upbringing?

But he continued making edgy horror films up until his death (just nothing as depraved as Last House on the Left) so I doubt that he was all that religious or plagued by feelings of guilt.

cryptoflovecraft said...
now weren't you as disturbed as i was when watching the hunting party?

No, I don't think I found the film to be disturbing at all but it's been awhile since I watched it. I liked Reed's character though and Hackman has always been good at playing assholes.

Good point. Reed had a distinctive voice and an "intense" look to him. He always looked like a guy on the verge of losing his sanity.

don't you understand that wes craven's upbringing gave him a religious conscious that would and could never go away bc of his strong religious upbringing?

But he continued making edgy horror films up until his death (just nothing as depraved as Last House on the Left) so I doubt that he was all that religious or plagued by feelings of guilt.
expand
all that religious? maybe you have to watch this interview i talked about called post mortem with mick garris from about 10 years ago. after watching it i was almost as convinced as any other case of people being very and extremely religious that he had an extremely religious upbringing.

also he put a religious idea in my soul to take.

well then watch the hunting party again it is extremely disturbing in it's violent content and ways they show violence in a very harsh, gritty, natural, mean spirited and casual way. this is an excellent film and i think you agree with this.

my all time favorite director is wes craven. sam raimi is in my top 5. so here's a short list of some of my favorite directors: ken russell, quentin tarantino, tony scott, ridley scott, abel ferrara(though i don't really like his films so it's mostly out of respect, appreciation and admiration of his great directing abilities and talents that i love him),

mel brooks, woody allen, sean s. cunningham, steve miner, joseph zito, danny steinmann, anthony hickox, clive barker, david cronenberg, john hughes, joe dante, john landis, martin scorcese, oliver stone, stuart gordon, brian yuzna, francis ford coppola, stanley kubrick.

out of your favorite directors are any of them any of these people?

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... all that religious? maybe you have to watch this interview i talked about called post mortem with mick garris from about 10 years ago. after watching it i was almost as convinced as any other case of people being very and extremely religious that he had an extremely religious upbringing.

also he put a religious idea in my soul to take.

well then watch the hunting party again it is extremely disturbing in it's violent content and ways they show violence in a very harsh, gritty, natural, mean spirited and casual way. this is an excellent film and i think you agree with this.

my all time favorite director is wes craven. sam raimi is in my top 5. so here's a short list of some of my favorite directors: ken russell, quentin tarantino, tony scott, ridley scott, abel ferrara(though i don't really like his films so it's mostly out of respect, appreciation and admiration of his great directing abilities and talents that i love him),

mel brooks, woody allen, sean s. cunningham, steve miner, joseph zito, danny steinmann, anthony hickox, clive barker, david cronenberg, john hughes, joe dante, john landis, martin scorcese, oliver stone, stuart gordon, brian yuzna, francis ford coppola, stanley kubrick.

expand

Kubrick is my all time favorite director. Of the other ones you mentioned, I like Cronenberg, Craven, Dante, Scorsese, Stone, Coppola, Mel Brooks and Woody Allen.

I prefer Clive Barker as a writer.

cryptoflovecraft said...

Kubrick is my all time favorite director. Of the other ones you mentioned, I like Cronenberg, Craven, Dante, Scorsese, Stone, Coppola, Mel Brooks and Woody Allen.

I prefer Clive Barker as a writer.
expand
how did i guess you were going to downgrade and disrespect him in a way, clive barker as a film director?

he directed 3 of the best films ever made in hellraiser, night breed, and lord of illusions. lord of illusions being my favorite of the 3 and the film i thought of when thinking about who my favorite directors of all time are.

these 3 films are unlike any film that has ever been made and are truly visionary films that are amazingly magical and truly are magic on film. they all contain and capture the magic of intelligence and imagination better than almost any other film.

lukejbarnett

lukejbarnett said... how did i guess you were going to downgrade and disrespect him in a way, clive barker as a film director?

he directed 3 of the best films ever made in hellraiser, night breed, and lord of illusions. lord of illusions being my favorite of the 3 and the film i thought of when thinking about who my favorite directors of all time are.

these 3 films are unlike any film that has ever been made and are truly visionary films that are amazingly magical and truly are magic on film. they all contain and capture the magic of intelligence and imagination better than almost any other film.
expand
he directed 3 of the best films ever made in hellraiser, night breed, and lord of illusions

Hellraiser was OK.

I've never seen Night Breed.

Lord of Illusions was boring. I barely made it through the first 30 minutes before giving up. giveup.gif

cryptoflovecraft said...
he directed 3 of the best films ever made in hellraiser, night breed, and lord of illusions

Hellraiser was OK.

I've never seen Night Breed.

Lord of Illusions was boring. I barely made it through the first 30 minutes before giving up. giveup.gif
expand
uh either you are remembering a different movie than lord of illusions, so you are mistaking it for another movie in your memory or you don't understand horror movies or this film. this is one of the biggest cinematic accomplishments ever made.

it's a work of art that deserves to be watched by everyone who deserves to watch it bc they have enough film knowledge to fully appreciate it. ebert gave it such a glowing review that gives it validation not that it needed it from him but it does this.

now the first time i watched it i didn't like it bc i had such high expectations going in. but the second time i watched it it was epically great to me in every way and it instantly became one of my all time favorite films.

it has a little of everything. it's a film that really is amazing in that it has so many different elements from different kinds of films. it's a film noir, it's a dark fantasy, it's a horror film, its' a suspense thriller, it's a mystery/suspense.

it has one of the most compelling intriguing, and original plots that has ever been conceived. what if a magician fakes his own death on stage in front of everyone watching his magic act? so then he goes away from the public and assumes another identity. also what if this magician has magical shape moving abilities for real? what if this magician can actually create magic for real, not illusions?

then we have a private detective doing investigating on the set of his magic act and talking to other magician friends of his trying to find out the mystery of his death and disappearance.

this plot is all done in very intriguing ways. and i'm talking amazing, magical ways where you as the viewer are believing everything magical that happens. i've never been as transported by magic in a film before, i'm taking about magician magic. transported meaning moved mentally, emotionally, and psychologically.

this film has many deep ideas everywhere not just in the main plot but in every single scene. which makes even small scenes of plot significance very engaging and intriguing.

the art of magician magic has never been this great or realistic in any other movie or in any tv show or any medium or media.

so please watch this film again bc remember i said i didn't like it the first time but loved it the second time.

uhhhhh, hellraiser is ok? i've never read something so wrong or inaccurate in my whole life. hellraiser is a game changer. hellraiser is the most important horror film that has been made since 1987. i mean this is how important and how great this film is.

reading you say this proves to me that you are not a horror movie fan. bc even if you didn't really like it bc you were 70 years old so you didn't like horror films made in the '80s you would still not just pass off this film as ok.

you have to watch night breed. it's a work of art. it's like no other film that has ever been made and is a visionary film of wonder. it's magical and extremely unique.

lukejbarnett