Politics : "if moms ruled the world things would be a lot different"

"if moms ruled the world things would be a lot different"

That's something Anderson Cooper said. A lot of people say similar things but when the history was consulted it turned out that queens were about 40% more likely to start wars than kings. I think that should be expected. Women are assumed to be more peaceful because they are physically smaller and weaker than men but if as rulers they develop a maternal attachment to their subjects then they will probably react more aggressively against any threats to those subjects. That's an extrapolation from another study that, if I remember correctly, showed that mothers were more likely to get involved in their children's fights while fathers would let it play out. Men get in fights to save face and that is one of the major reasons given to justify military action, that our reputation could be harmed if we don't bomb somebody.

Re: "if moms ruled the world things would be a lot different"

The world is fucked no matter who is in charge.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Slava Ukraini

Women can have a tendency to let their emotions rule over common sense at times and men have a tendency to prove to themselves and others that being a man is being macho and tough. This could also be something that women put onto their sons, just as much as their fathers, because many have a desirous image of what a man should be like.

Lets face it, women still need men to protect them and shield behind in many facets of life, even if in a passive sense.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

That's an extrapolation from another study that, if I remember correctly, showed that mothers were more likely to get involved in their children's fights while fathers would let it play out.

Men would stay out because they understand an adult coming into to settle a fight would diminish his child's social standing. The other kids would say "You needed your dad or mom to help you win the fight." Women aren't as in tune with this male social dynamic so are probably more likely to get involved for that reason. They aren't considering the further ramifications of action, only what they think is right at that moment.