Blade Runner 2049 : Wow!

Wow!

Honestly, what a pleasant watch. One of the best visuals I've ever seen. So proud of Denis Villeneuve. He's from my region. I wouldn't say that it's better than the first, but great nevertheless.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

Re: Wow!

It's amazing and such a visually stunning movie. My blu-ray gave up recently and I bought a new one, a 4K player whick could run all other disc formats too. A friend gave me Blade Runner 2049 on 4K to test the machine and it blew me away.

I still prefer the original Blade Runner which is among my favourites but I couldn't imagine a better sequel.

Both movies have parts that I thought dragged them down. In the first movie it was the house chase near the end between Harrison Ford and the replicant guy (can't recall names).

In 2049 it's some of the plot points that were left without a conclusion.

Overall, I preferred the 2nd one though.

I'm halfway in, and I think I agree.
On a side note, I'd say that Ana de Armas
has quite a bit more sex appeal than Sean Young.

Fair.

Didn't care for it.
I was expecting the 2nd half to have more action than the 1st half, it didn't. Another flaw is the tear-jerker conclusion, ala District 9. I'm tired of these sci-fi films with a sentimental ending.

Recently bought it.
Going to start watching it Friday night, very slowly, will take the rest of the month to finish. Sometimes I want to savor a movie. You never want to jizz too quick.

Sometimes I want to savor a movie. You never want to jizz too quick.

A really interesting analogy! 😮🤔

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

It was good, but not as good as the first. The original created an industry around its style, this one won't have that same impact.

I agree that it was good, but in 10 years time, it will still be the original that people talk about and not this one.

As usual, you know the truth.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

Probably, but that's ok. It doesn't take away from how good the sequel is.

So many stories, so little time.