True Crime : Why is getting angry in court regarded as "contempt"?

Why is getting angry in court regarded as "contempt"?

You have people coming at you from all sides and if you get emotional, you can be cited with contempt. This never made sense to me. Judges can sentence people to death and yet people aren't allowed to lose their temper regardless of circumstances.

Does anybody here have any insight into this?

"My life is over. I might as well dance with Johnny Slash!"

Re: Why is getting angry in court regarded as "contempt"?

I don't. I like watching Court Cam, though

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

This bitch I went to college with, her dad was a judge and barrister. He sent many soldiers from both sides to prison, including my great uncle!

I've felt the same way and its a condescending process too.

Its about a decorum that these so-called professionals want to keep throughout the proceedings, yet the system itself and the judge can be full of contempt themselves. They expect and anticipate respect just for being establishment rule, law, order and all founded on an ideal called justice.

The insight is that there isn't any really worth considering, unless one thinks they are above it all and are into control, power and dominance over others.

The court process could be considered a necessary evil, but the outcome is never going to please everyone and then often that comes down to the jury, who are just from everyday walks of life. They can be considered in contempt as well if they don't play the game, or attempt to get out of it.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Another one that seems silly is, "The jury will disregard," as if that phrase wipes whatever they heard from their memories.

My dad often comments on this when watching a movie that makes this statement. Its already been said, and even if not entitled to be a factor in deliberations, it can still plant a seed subconsciously to sway a verdict.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

What did you say?

Best owning of a judge ever!

And when I make it rain, money all over the ground
Fresh Force Ones, Sean John buttoned down

LOL
That is good!
He ain't got nothing to lose at that point so why the HELL not?

If I am on your block list, let me know!
Thanx.

Does the judge give a warning as he does in TV and movies?

I would find it unfair if he does not and that would be bullshit if he does not have to.

If I am on your block list, let me know!
Thanx.