Video Games : Who likes point and click games?

Who likes point and click games?

Games like Monkey Island and Broken Sword and Sam and Max and Beneath a Steel Sky and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Day of the Tentacle and Maniacal Mansion and Leisure Suit Larry and Police Quest and Hook for the Amiga and Beavis and Butthead for the PC and lots lots more! 😊

You point and you click and you talk and you solve puzzles and progress!! 😁

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Re: Who likes point and click games?

I rather enjoyed Full Throttle, The Colonel's Bequest, Gold Rush!, Hoyle's Book of Games*, Discworld, Cruise for a Corpse, Loom, Labyrinth and all the Space and King's Quest ones Bobby

Not technically an adventure game but there was pointing and clicking and it was made by the same folks who made lots of actual adventure games.

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

I forgot about Discworld…that was a good one. Also there was Simon the Sorcerer (voiced by Chris Barrie off Red Dwarf if you were one of the posh kids who had flasher computers). 😊

I’d love to play Loom sometime but I don’t think it’s available for download anywhere.

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

I’d love to play Loom sometime but I don’t think it’s available for download anywhere.

That's a shame if true Bobby as all the pirates were talking about it in that bar (Or was it Myst?). Maybe the Grue got to it?

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

It was Loom, Juan. One of the pirates had a badge on saying ‘ask me about Loom’. It was a delicious way to sneak an in advertisement for one of George Lucas’s other games. 😊

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

They are all basically impossible.

My password is password

They are aren’t they. Unless you have a walkthrough to hand then you’ve got no chance. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

It's spelt "Walkthru" Bobby

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Not in my world it’s not! I spell properly or not at all. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

I'm with you Bobby but that's what it was spelt like in the little leaflet books that game with the game

At least if you bought it properly that is

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Do you remember these helplines that they had. I used to call them to get hints on Dizzy games, with Denmother’s permission of course. 😊

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

The funniest thing about the helpline Bobby was that they had that American thing of making a word tie into their number. So it was something like 1-800-555-CLUES but you had to look at the phone and see where each of the letters where in relation to the numbers.

It took so much longer than just phoning!

They still have that, last time I was in the US all the adverts had a word instead of the numbers. I mean - sheesh!

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

I always wondered what that word thing meant in American films.

Also I wonder if you can still ring the Dizzy helplines if you’re playing say Magicland Dizzy and are stuck. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

That's an interesting question Bobby, probably not but you never know

The best Dizzy was, without any shadow of a doubt, Treasure Island Dizzy

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

But you only had the one life and had to pick up the snorkel last if you were going underwater just in case you hit the fire button by accident and drowned. Also no Grand Dizzy or Dylan and the rest. ☹️

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Still the best game Bobby

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Which one do you think is the worst? 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Jet Set Willy

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Nooooo worst Dizzy game! 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

That would be Spellbound Dizzy Bobby

Only Amiga users (Now Apple users) would enjoy such a redundant chore of a game

What would you say is the worst Bobby?

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Juan Kerr said... That would be Spellbound Dizzy Bobby

Only Amiga users (Now Apple users) would enjoy such a redundant chore of a game

What would you say is the worst Bobby?
expand
I think that I would agree with you, Juan. Unless we include the none adventure titles such as Kwik Snax, Bubble Dizzy etc (which I’m not) then Spellbound Dizzy it is. The game is much too vast with too much long trekking back and forth as a result. Bigger is not always better.

Also not too keen on Crystal Kingdom Dizzy (Dizzy games should not have stages) and Fantastic Dizzy (which is more of a greatest hits package).

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... I think that I would agree with you, Juan. Unless we include the none adventure titles such as Kwik Snax, Bubble Dizzy etc (which I’m not) then Spellbound Dizzy it is. The game is much too vast with too much long trekking back and forth as a result. Bigger is not always better.

Also not too keen on Crystal Kingdom Dizzy (Dizzy games should not have stages) and Fantastic Dizzy (which is more of a greatest hits package).
expand
So are we settled on Treasure Island Dizzy being the greatest then Bobby?

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Juan Kerr said... So are we settled on Treasure Island Dizzy being the greatest then Bobby?
expand
No Juan. I prefer Fantasy World Dizzy, Magic Land Dizzy and Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk to Treasure Island Dizzy. Treasure Island Dizzy is fourth best. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... No Juan. I prefer Fantasy World Dizzy, Magic Land Dizzy and Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk to Treasure Island Dizzy. Treasure Island Dizzy is fourth best. 🙂
expand
Well we can agree to disagree on that one Bobby. The great thing about art is that it's subjective and we each have our own takes on things

But some things, like the Monty Mole franchise being better than the Dizzy one, are axiomatic

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Juan Kerr said... Well we can agree to disagree on that one Bobby. The great thing about art is that it's subjective and we each have our own takes on things

But some things, like the Monty Mole franchise being better than the Dizzy one, are axiomatic
expand
I don’t like Monty Mole Juan, but there is a book on Gremlin Games from Bitmap books that I want to get. 🙂

Oh and I found out today that Robocop was the very first game based off a movie!! These innovative boffins at Data East were something else! 😊

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... I don’t like Monty Mole Juan, but there is a book on Gremlin Games from Bitmap books that I want to get. 🙂

Oh and I found out today that Robocop was the very first game based off a movie!! These innovative boffins at Data East were something else! 😊
expand
Nonsense Bobby!

Robocop came out in 1987 and there were tonnes of movies that had been turned into video games by then

I can tell you that you could change the sprites in Robocop and make your own version of the game with all the characters looking the way you want them to.

You could also do that with Batman

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Juan Kerr said... Nonsense Bobby!

Robocop came out in 1987 and there were tonnes of movies that had been turned into video games by then

I can tell you that you could change the sprites in Robocop and make your own version of the game with all the characters looking the way you want them to.

You could also do that with Batman
expand
Why do people keep on LYING to me?!! ☹️

Oh look there goes Bobby, let’s tell him some more untrue facts that he’ll believe…

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... Why do people keep on LYING to me?!! ☹️

Oh look there goes Bobby, let’s tell him some more untrue facts that he’ll believe…
expand
Maybe they are just cruel Bobby

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

Juan Kerr said... Maybe they are just cruel Bobby
expand
Well there’s just no need for people to be cruel. I have feelings and I hurt like anyone else. ☹️

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Bobby Tomlinson said... Well there’s just no need for people to be cruel. I have feelings and I hurt like anyone else. ☹️
expand
You get bad people everywhere Bobby

But it's the nice ones that make it all worthwhile

Ding Dong! 🤡🌎

I used to play a lot and particularly enjoyed the puzzle solving. There was a series called Ravenshearst which were amazing and genuinely scary.

My heart bleeds for him, as a child. Someone took a kid and manufactured a monster. At the same time, as an adult, he's irredeemable.

I don’t believe I’ve played any from that series, Dazed….but I bet they feature in my Point and Click game book. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

I don't know Bobby, maybe I've mistaken what you mean.

The games I'm referring to are PC games with puzzles where you have to find things within a picture *hidden objects* and solve puzzles, gather clues etc.

Anyway I still recommend Ravenshearst, great gameplay

BigFish games, that was it! They did some great games of that genre.

My heart bleeds for him, as a child. Someone took a kid and manufactured a monster. At the same time, as an adult, he's irredeemable.

Oh yes I know the sorts of games you mean now! My Denmother used to enjoy playing these. Well they could still be considered point and click games of a fashion…I mean games such as Mist were first person and were still considered to be point and click. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Myst and Riven were the best

My password is password

I’ve heard of these but they aren’t familiar to me. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

I remember playing Puttputt Goes to the Moon long after the age it was meant for lol.

The Space Quest and Liesure Suit Larry games are good. Sierra was the king of the genre.

My favorite is The Neverhood. Such a unique problem solving game. There was a making of video on the game too.

ᴳᵒ ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ

These sound great. So many that I haven’t played! I wish they were all easier to access. 🙂

What is YOUR Luxenbalm

Fallout 2 is one of my favorite point and click games.

“There are no atheists in foxholes, eh?”-Keith Jennings from the Omen.

Big fan of this. Monkey Island and Broken Sword were some of my fav games growing up but I can't stand the new Monkey Island game. Just find it boring as fuck and unplayable

We're coming to get you, Donna

Oh really? I quite enjoyed it. Better than the Telltale one I thought.

What is YOUR Luxenbalm