History : Where were You on September 11th, 2001 when the First 2 Planes Hit ?

Where were You on September 11th, 2001 when the First 2 Planes Hit ?

For everybody here that feels comfortable enough to share it, Where were you on September 11th, 2001 when the 1st Hijacked Plane hit the World Trade Center and then several minutes later when the 2nd Hijacked Plane hit the World Trade Center ?

For me, I myself was still in High School at the time (It was My Senior Year) and I actually live in California and so when the 1st Plane hit the World Trade Center, I was still asleep and had not woken up yet to get ready to go to School. My mom did wake me up though and when she did, she told me that "the World Trade Center was bombed" and the first word that came out of my mouth was "again ?" because I remember when the World Trade Center was bombed back in 1993.

So I then got up and turned on my TV (I put it on MSNBC) and I saw the 1 Tower of the World Trade Center burning, then a few minutes later as I was watching the burning tower, I then noticed an explosion happen in the other tower. Now at that moment, MSNBC was showing the 2 Buildings from an angle where you could not see anything behind them (which was the direction that the 2nd Plane came in from) and so I did not see the 2nd Plane at all when it came in and hit.

I then started looking at other News Channels and that is when I learned that it was in fact a 2nd Plane hitting the other tower which caused that explosion.

Then over the next hour as I got ready to go to School, I saw on TV the news come in about the Pentagon being hit by a plane, I watched the 2 Towers collapse, and I saw the news about the 4th Plane crashing in Pennsylvania.

So that is where I was on that horrible and tragic morning when all of those events happened.

Re: Where were You on September 11th, 2001 when the First 2 Planes Hit ?

We were asleep in New Zealand. I woke up, turned the radio on as usual and heard news that I couldn't quite comprehend or believe. Turned the TV on and was glued to it for the rest of the day. One of the things that upset me most, was the video of people jumping to their deaths from the burning building. What a choice to have to make. :(

Wanking into a grapefruit!

I’ll never forget it!

Must've been traumatic.

Mean people suck.

It was.

It’s a day I’ll never forget!

I was at a work conference in Bridgeport, Connecticut. My boss who was speaking at the time got a call but he ignored it, then about 8 seconds later someone else at the meeting got a call, he looked at my boss as if to say ' do you mind if I take this real quick? ' and my boss nodded in approval. As he were walking towards to door to get some privacy ANOTHER phone went off and my boss joked ' Jesus we should have confiscated phones before letting yall in ' ( he was a southerner ) and we all had a chuckle….until MORE phones started going off, all I could hear was text message sounds and that nokia theme tune from back in the day, ya know that one that goes DU DU DU DU DU DU DU DU DUUUUUUUU, DU DU DU DU DU DU DU DU DUUUUUUUU

This one

The laughter suddenly stopped and we all looked at each other with a look of confusion, some people had already answerd the phones and all I could hear in my peripheral hearing was things like

' what? '

' are you fucking kidding me? a plane? '

' Honey, just calm down ok, calm down '

we talked about it for a few minutes, wondering how it could happen, was the pilot drunk? cloudy skys? Miscommunication with airport control?

One of the guys who left earlier to answer the call came back in, his name was Rodger, a senior partner at the firm, he was as white as a ghost…

' A plane has just crashed into the North tower of the world trade centre '

' Yeah we heard, holy shit Rodger didnt your wife work there? ' said my boss.

' Nah, she works in the south tower, they dont know if they should leave ' he said, visibly shaken.

' Im sure she will be fine ' said my boss.

Now as you all know, 20 minutes later she errrr…..yeah

I have never seen a man cry like that, he broke down and all I could think to do was to grab him and hug him, his wails still echo in my mind to this day. He started to collapse down to the floor slowly and I collapsed with him, still holding him in my embrace, saying whatever I could to try and bring him some hope.

' Maybe she got out? '

' She worked almost on the top floor … I….i….its too long! it takes too long, shes gone, my wife is gone, what am i gunna do
? '

we all rallied around Rodger, taking turns to comfort him and such.

Thats my story.

CHINK-SLIT LIUVER,. I HATWE CINSK, - @Azn2

Realizing that the Cheney-Bush Junta was negligent in that they ignored the extensive intelligence info. And knowing they would use it as carte blanche for a Fascist war in Iraq while letting Bin Laden get away for 10 years.

Mean people suck.

I was off from work that day. First heard about it on the car radio and initially thought it was some kind of sick joke until I got home and turned on the news only to see horrific footage of the planes flying into the Twin Towers.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

Enjoying some mid morning sexcapades with the daughter of a very high ranking member of the church of satan. Then we went to Waffle House to enjoy some pancakes. Turns out waffle house doesn't sell pancakes. Bummer.

Bring. More. Sheep.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

On my way to the boat in Holyhead; we only found out about the first plane crash when we got to the lounge on board, and people were watching what happened on the news.

I was in Talented Music class, but I found out walking into JROTC (Army.)

Chinese-Indonesian, Scandinavian, German, Dutch, French, English-Irish, Amish
5'2"-5'4"
Blog

I was on filmboards.

I was working at a prison and it was my day to work in the evening.

I fell asleep on the couch but the news was on and my brain must have heard the TV even though I woke up.

I saw the fire and thought it was an accident and then saw the next plane and knew it was Muslims.

I was dating a woman that worked in Manhattan and I was in Philly. So, I tried and tried to get through to her phone and did. She was standing on her building watching the planes hit and the towers collapse.

There was a time delay on my TV and so she's telling me they're collapsing, and I'm like—what?! However, she was seeing it before more.

Later in the evening, she and her roommate were terrorized because there were rumors that trucks loaded with bombs were going to go off in NYC.

I was being very supportive but scared.

After, I did what I could to get them out of New York and at my place.

Severa days later I brought them back to NYC and the whole city smelled like burning metal and sweet smelling dead bodies like road kill order.

There was ash everywhere and women's shoes lying in the streets.

Women do not wear sensible shoes and so they jumped out of their shoes to run barefoot through the streets. There were also these ultra sad shrines to all of the people who died and they were at various spots on the streets.

Most of the people who died in 911 were Hispanic cleaning staff, which was very sad.

I will never forget all of that and the smell especially.

Disaster smell really is the worst ( and guessing war too). Still seems like I have wildfire and hurricane flood up my snoot sometimes. Smell memory… whatever it is called. Uck.

Where I grew up there was a massive flood in 1972. Everyone for 20+ years after could smell "the flood smell" in various places and it was gross.

I grew up in the woods and I have a very good sense of smell. I could smell a dead deer, etc on the wind in the summer. The heat would kind of cook it and it would have a sweet smell mixed with putrid meat.

That's what 911 smelled like mixed with burning brakes.

My gf couldn't smell the meat part very well but it was tough on me.

I can't imagine what a war would smell like.

Burning brakes.. Ya. Wildfire too. All the toxic shit that mobile homes are made of. And bodies

But the flood was so much worse. Rotting everything. Yuck.
(Did disaster work for a bit. And then smote by fire my own self. Your post the other day about books burning was way true:)

The flood where I grew up was gross but I was VERY young. We lived on a hill and were very lucky that the flood didn't get us. I can still see it.

There were all of these gross stories about how the ground turned to mush and so caskets became like bubbles floating to the top. People found all of these dead bodies in strange locations.

The flood water filth left behind had a very unique order that lasted until I was an adult and the town finally ripped the last buildings down.

All of that was caused by cheap construction of dikes. So, they saved money on building the dikes then a major city got totally destroyed and they had to just federal funds to clean it all up.

911 was totally disgusting and that was cause by people in the US teaching Muslims how to fly planes after they said they didn't care if they learned how to land, lol.

We have an unpleasant world at times.

I heard all kinds of coffins and bodies were floating around in New Orleans too.

And evidently the dyke situation is even more dire now. In California especially. And surprised the Muslims never figured out how to blow up the TSA lines. May you live in interesting times. Foresight not this country’s thing.

I was to New Orlean twice.

There have "interesting" cemeteries because they are all above ground as the ground is too wet and prone to flooding to bury people in the ground. They are artistic looking crypts.

It must have been a horrible situation and it is amazing the water can bust open the vaults the bodies are in.

On another note, if you ever want good food and sights, New Orleans is a great spot to visit.

in new jersey waking up.

bitches be witches.

was your building on fire?

no i was in a house unblazed.

bitches be witches.

sweet!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Got to my office early that day. This girl from the travel department down the hall kept running up and down the hall saying a plane had hit one of the towers. After 9, we heard about the second one, and the rest is history. We live close to the city and have a lot of commuters, and two of our vendors were in the towers on the 36th floor in each building. Fortunately, they all made it out. Not so lucky for other people we knew on the higher floors.

The Troll Detector

A block and a half away. Saw many people take their own lives from the roof of my work building .

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

i was busy preparing building 7 for…oh wait…nevermind.