The Devil's Advocate : When Kevin looks at Milton's feet

When Kevin looks at Milton's feet

When they're standing on the roof of that building chatting, Kevin stares down and looks at Milton's shoes. What exactly was he looking at?

Re: When Kevin looks at Milton's feet

I just watched this movie for the first time and was wondering the same thing, so I rewound my vhs tape to see what it was. I think Milton had high heels/lifts on his shoes to make himself look taller?? Vanity thing...

You still have vhs? That's awesome. I still have my vhs player. I have several movies I still need to watch on vhs.

I think the shoes were meant to resemble 'cloven hooves' like the devil has.

Yes, I agree with this. Cloven hooves.

I thought he looked down to see how close Milton was standing to the edge.

_
Every person that served can be called a veteran, but not every veteran can be called a Marine.

The fact he's close to the edge I think

Maybe it was supposed to be symbolic. As in, he was close to going over the edge in more ways than one.

He was simply looking at how close his feet were to the edge. He was incredulous.

I'm actually very balanced. I have a chip on both shoulders.

No, I'm pretty sure it was an allusion to hoofs.

No - remember when he noticed jurors shoes in beginning? "He shined his shoes every night"

Miltons shoes were spotless. He could read people's personality types

JMO

Look very closely behind his left leg. It appears something "moving"...my best guess was the devils tail

Milton was close to the edge like he was about to fall off, I don't think Kevin was looking to see how tall he is.

Taylor Hackford made commentary about his shoes being elevator shoes though. But this scene was actually filmed on an actual building.

But this scene was actually filmed on an actual building.

I really doubt they would put actors, or anyone else, at risk like that without any railings.
If they were there they would have been erased.