Pets and Animals : Poll: What if your cat got into a fight?

What if your cat got into a fight?

I'd interfere
0% 0 votes
I'd be a spectator
0% 0 votes

Re: What if your cat got into a fight?

If they're in my yard I'd generally scare them both and tell them to scat. However, I love watching a good yowling tomcat standoff on the fence.

Most often it's just a bunch of macho bravado. However, I did have a tomcat once who came back one night so badly cut and beaten that he died the next day.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

You have a sick and malicious side to you when it comes to animals. You lack humane compassion and an understanding of what it means to be a responsible pet owner. The fact that you'd get off on watching cats fight, perhaps to the death, is sick and twisted.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Oh nonsense. 99% of catfights are just cats being cats. I certainly would never watch even ally cats fight to the point where they draw blood or hurt each other. Most of it's about marking territory. I related as a child I had a beloved pet which died from such injuries. But most of this stuff is just phony male bravado and an act.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Typical males having to show off and mark their territory.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I had to separate my neutered male cat and another strange cat that were fighting in my garden. They were locked together biting each others necks. There was no noise, because all their energy was being used in trying to kill each other. I used a piece of wood to prise them apart, and the intruder ran off. My cat ended up with a couple of nasty abscesses that healed up fine though. If I'd left them, I think one might have been terribly injured. Probably my old guy.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Sorry to hear that. Harry, my feral cat, was gone for about four weeks. When she returned, she was skinny, and looked like she might have been in a scrap or two. But she's much better now.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

I'd spray them with the hose.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

Speaking of cats, is this not the cutest gif ever? (I posted it last night, but I don't think anyone saw it.)

I saw it, because you posted it to me. It's adorable!

I wasn't sure if you saw it. I thought it deserved a repost, though

Other things happened before I got round to responding to it. Sorry Crystal. It certainly does deserve a repost.

Here's you giving me a well deserved box round the ears.

That's ok, I just wanted the gif to get more exposure.

That's adorable! Look at those hugs!

Take a picture…

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Even if my cat was winning, I'd still put an end to the fight with a bucket of water, or a very loud noise right up close to them.