Comedy : What are your favourite lesser known comedies?

What are your favourite lesser known comedies?

What are your favourite lesser known comedies?

Some of mine (in alphabetical order):
Bugsy Malone (1976)
Camp Death III in 2D! (2018)
Cigarettes et chocolat chaud (2016)
Don't Talk to Irene (2017)
Everybody Famous! (2000)
It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)
Las mantenidas sin sueños (2005)
Loners (2019)
Our Relations (1936)
Sons of the Desert (1933)
The Baby Formula (2008)
The Court Jester (1955)
The Freshman (1925)
The Marrying Kind (1952)
The Twentieth Century (2019)
Thunder Road (2018)
Up in Arms (1944)

Re: What are your favourite lesser known comedies?

In order of what I think of…

Top Secret!
Very underrated from the creators of Airplane!
Val Kilmer's first movie.

Without A Clue
A twist on the classic Sherlock Holmes mysteries and somehow they pull it off and make it work.

Things Change
My most favorite mob based movie with only one scene of mild violence in it, if you can believe that!

The Big Picture
An aspiring H.Wood director who gets his first big break learns some lessons the hard way.

Bottle Rocket

I just like the concept of really bad criminals.

Green Wing

Thank you for talking to me

Observe and Report

"Horror of Party Beach"

"My life is over. I might as well dance with Johnny Slash!"

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

"To Wong Foo: Love, Julie Newmar" is both hilarious and good-natured. I love that movie. The three leads play off each other beautifully!

This movie proves the exception to my own general rule that there are no new good movies. Not that it's all that new. But for somebody who feels that 1986 was the last year for good movies, it's new. I would say it would be in my top 15 favorite comedies.

"Why are you crying, little Latin girl?" (I think they say "girl", not "boy". I could easily watch it again tonight.

It is such a delight! I saw it with 2 others, they hated it and looked at me when it was over and said…"What was that?". I was knocked for a six and in a state of awe when it was over.

I went back the next day on my own to see it again and that rarely happened with me.

Why did they hate it? At the very least, it's inoffensive. There's not a mean bone in its body.

Probably they just didn't get it.

May I ask if you were out to your two friends?

Virgil was mean. The cop and the roughs were just goofy goons.

One was a friend of several years and she loved Priscilla. The other person was her childish rebound bf, who had more issues than a stack of DSM5's.

I don't think they could say why they disliked it, only that it wasn't Priscilla. Perhaps they didn't connect with the presentation or tone of it. I thought for a simple story, there were sublime things going on with the film that I didn't get from Priscilla.

My friend did say though, that she thought Patrick Swayze made for a beautiful woman.

Yes, Virgil was a mean bastard. That was the darkest part of the film, though I am more moved by Veda's sadness when she stops in front of her parents' house and just had this really sad expression on her face. It was just a moment, but it resonated throughout the entire movie. You just knew that Veda had gone through a lot of mean **** in her life and. to her entire credit, she rose above it all and became a loving, strong empathic human being. Veda is absolutely a role model. And I do think Patrick Swayze looked great and also gave a fine, sensitive performance.

I agree, TWF has much more depth and warmth than PQOTD. One was for the masses and the other was the real deal. TWF had a bit of silly, obvious humor, but it was fine and didn't detract from the overall quality.

I may watch To Wong Foo tonight. Will be a nice antidote to the heaviness of Schindler's List, which I viewed over the past 3 nights.

Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment co-produced Wong Foo and I'd say he may have had his hand in the fabulous golden honey pot here 🍯. I love the ensemble cast and the bevy of ladies in the town was perfect. Always nice to see Melinda Dillon and Blythe Danner in a film as well.

The Noxeema how to treat a lady scene is priceless. Also the insult sparring between Vida and Chi Chi is a classic. Mean-spirited in concept, yet both hilarious and touching in execution. Watching Noxi making her jabs as the mud goes flying cracks me up too…."She went there!".

The secret is in the sauce with Wong Foo and the intelligence and intention behind it all impresses me. Priscilla, I roll my eyes and find it way too crude and harsh in comparison. If there is a saving grace for me, its found in Terence Stamp's considerate and touching turn as Bernadette.

Walk Hard

My password is password.

The 'Burbs

Evolution