The Sandbox : What about the movie/tv show boards?

What about the movie/tv show boards?

Is this just the social boards like this one or is it all the movie and tv show specific boards, too? Anyone know? Just my opinion, but removing the movie/tv show specific boards as well is like removing the sole reason that IMDB is here in the first place. Those are about the movies and shows, not chat. Without those, IMDB has no reason to be. Does anyone know? If it's ALL, then this will be my last official post to IMDB. I don't have facebook now nor will I ever.

Re: What about the movie/tv show boards?

From what I understand it's everything, including private messaging. Basically imdb is now useless to many people.

Every board. You can still review, rate, and keep your profile. If they lose traffic they might bring the boards back in the long run.

Save our boards! https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-keep-the-imdb-messageboards-going

If they lose traffic they might bring the boards back in the long run.

At which point it may be too little, too late.

Someone ever tries to kill you... you try to kill em right back.

At which point it may be too little, too late.

👍💀

Save our boards! https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petition-to-keep-the-imdb-messageboards-going

Other than the occasional "what else was s/he in," the only reason I come here is to see what others are saying about a particular film or show. If there is no commentary I might as well go to wiki. And I will. Without the boards, what's the point? Sure their are trolls, and even worse... stupid people with hostile opinions about everything that requires thought. Who cares? The world is filled with trolls and idiots. They breeze past and there are still valuable and interesting opinions here.

I'm thinking IMDb, like so many other websites, really has no clue about their users or their own real value. It's hubris to think an online card catalogue system, even with hyperlinks, is particularly interesting.

Even the film- and TV producers use the boards for viewer input. How many pro accounts will disappear now that they will have no interaction with or feedback from the fans? Without the boards, they're just running trailers in an empty theater. Here is where we applaud and boo and decide to buy tickets or tune in.

What a short-sighted and foolish decision. If they can't handle the trolls, hire better and more mature/experienced moderators. It's simple.

And finally, we happy and interested posters are not just a few. And for every poster, there are hundreds of readers. The boards matter to the entire industry, not just "a small passionate community."

Hopefully they're archiving everything so that when someone figures it out, they will restore it all. Maybe that will happen before they go belly up. Maybe not. They wouldn't be the first industry related site to die because the owners didn't recognize what they had or how to utilize it.

Editing to add: I rarely post in the general forums. I post almost exclusively in the specific movie/tv threads. Those are the ones which get seen even by casual visitors.

Movies are IQ tests; the IMDB boards are how people broadcast their score.