John Wesley Shipp : What Happen To John Wesley Shipp As Mitch Leery?

What Happen To John Wesley Shipp As Mitch Leery?

What Happen To John Wesley Shipp As Mitch Leery?

From Tim Cruz

Re: What Happen To John Wesley Shipp As Mitch Leery?

Do you mean what happened to the character or the actor? I don't know why John Wesley Shipp left the show, but Mitch got in a car accident and died.

Too bad The Flash couldn't come and save him.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

OMG! It never occurred to me that they could have been dating, wow! Awww thats so cute!

To bad its not true.

______
A.V. Luva for Life. love5.gif
flowercat.gif Randall, I come back here, I cut me a steak!

Ha ha. That is the most hysterical post I've read in a long time! So funny, too bad it isn't true because it would have been awesome!!!

WTf r u talking about.. They are not gay, r u serious, how stupid was that post.. James van der beek is married, Duh

posting something like that (shipp and van der beek gay?) is just a waste of your time and ours. try posting something positive or true.

as for the original question of what happened to him. he died in a car crash. he dropped his ice cream , while singing to a song and took his seat belt off to lean down and grab it quick. he was hit by another driver who was asleep at the wheel. i will never forget that episode what a shock. my sister and i actually stopped watching for a bit we were so angry lol it just wasn't fair to his character. brand new father and all. i know it's just a show but the actors really played those roles well.

posting something like that (shipp and van der beek gay?) is just a waste of your time and ours. try posting something positive or true.

Wait, how is saying someone is gay and dating another person that's a male actor something negative? I don't think it's postive or negative, it's just a statement. And it turns out that Shipp is gay. He came out to Star, I believe. There's a thread about it under his IMDB so check it out. I'm glad he's gay. It doesn't change him as an actor but I'm glad he's being true to himself. And of course, he's gorgeous!

Oh, well if it's in the Star it MUST be true!

It was the way the other poster posted it that was negative.

Van Der Beek wasn't, isn't and never will be gay. Shipp? who cares?

Like i said it was the tone of the post that i responded too.
Next time read first.

Wow that's kind of an undramatic death, but I guess it's realistic.

They killed him off in the show because they didn't need his role anymore. They made more money from killing them than they would having him around.

I can't swear this is exactly how it happened, but I do swear this is exactly how it felt.

i definately agree with your statement, they did the same exact thing with andie and how the shows writers ran out of ideas for her character, his role was obviously not as major as it was in the shows beginning, since the fifth season was centered mainly in boston, and i am guessing the only reason they kept mrs. leery around was for various appearances, and the whole idea of if something happened to her, who would take care of lily, but with the death they could give her more of an active role being a widow.

By the start of series 5 the opublics interest in the show was dropping (not a great deal, but enough to make the producers want to do something about it).Plus the show went through a major overhaul at the start of series 5.new characters a new location, the gang being split upand all this can have a massive impact on the show. So the producers needed to keep the fans and draw more in, and what better way to do it trhan to kill off a major and much loved character (everyone is gonna wanna know what happens next!!)so they did, that mixed with the fact that very little will be set in capeside and his character was now expendable

thats how it works in hollywood tho i guess

although it was a shame because i loved this character and John Shipp played him brilliantly.I always thought mitch and gail were amazing parents

Post deleted

That was mature

"the juice is worth the squeeze"

There was an item in Watch With Kristin on Eonline that said two co-stars on a WB show, who played family members, had an affair. The network got wind of it and insisted the lesser of the two actors get the axe.

It was never confirmed, but many speculated it was James Van Der Beek and John Wesley Shipp, esp since Mitch Leery died on "DC" several months after the item appeared.

This is no more or less shocking than Florence Henderson and Barry WIlliams going on a date. Yes, it's kind of weird to see "family members" on a show dating in real life, but co-stars hooking up is pretty common. In fact, Monica Keena (Abby Morgan) said "DC" was a show with a lot of inter-cast hook ups.

The real shocker is that someone got fired due to an affair. That is pretty unusual.

It probably wouldnt have mattered if one of them was a woman, but thats hollywood for you

I'd rather spend a minute in your arms than a lifetime knowing I never could.
kiss.gif