West Side Story : West Side Story - directed by Steven Spielberg

West Side Story - directed by Steven Spielberg

Re: West Side Story - directed by Steven Spielberg

Tagging @whatever Orson's current username is, since he enjoys prancing to musicals

The only one I like is Les Mis!

355 goals for Rangers

Oh yeah, you said you originally watched it by accident because you misread the title as Les Bos, but you ended up liking it. You called it a "happy accident."

Anyone else?

355 goals for Rangers

Another re-make. Can it improve on the original? Who knows. I'm not holding my breath.

Probably not. I was glad to see Rita Moreno in the trailer, though.

But no John Astin?

C'mon!
Put Gomez in there somewhere! Anywhere!

I admit that I made up bullshit about you WarrenPeace and I am sorry. - Friendo in a PM to me.

He worked behind the scenes as a "gaffer."

A capitol idea!

I admit that I made up bullshit about you WarrenPeace and I am sorry. - Friendo in a PM to me.

In the last 15 years, they have been remaking just about everything.

Since he did Jaws, one of the gangs is called The Sharks and SS knows how to direct sharks!

Is this going to be more woke and PC?
Maybe throw in a token black or two to replace a white guy from the orig?

Good thing that there is a white kid who gets killed at the end so they don't have to do anything about that because it is perfectly fine to kill whitey in movies by a minority but not the other way around anymore.

And this time are they going to have an actual PR girl playing a PR girl instead of a white playing a PR girl?

As much as I love Natalie Wood, this just might be an improvement. I didn't like Richard Beymer. He was too much a pretty boy. Had no problem with the rest of the cast.

I'll see it. I love musicals, as long as they don't pervert the cast in throw in odd ethnicities/races that don't belong just to be PC.

The Troll Detector

This is based off the stage revival in the early 2000s, which changes a lot of the dialogue and song lyrics to Spanish. I get it's more authentic, but it ruins the flow of a lot of the songs.

I've always preferred the 1961 movie to the stage production. The way the film rearranged the placement of the songs "Officer Krupke", "Cool", and "America" made it work much better than the play.

I am a dick. I've always been a dick.

Oh hell, I hate that. It's such bullshit. I saw the stage play back in the 60's when I was a little tyke, and the saw the movie.

The Troll Detector

I didn't like Richard Beymer. He was too much a pretty boy. Had no problem with the rest of the cast.
Beymer in a sense had the prettiness of Wood to make them a pairing, but it was originally pitched at Elvis who had oodles of charisma. His manager gave him a bum steer apparently.

WSS works well on stage. I've seen 2 productions over the past 10yrs and may go again at the end of the month to a new one.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Beymer was a pretty boy but I remember seeing his acne scars

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Looks good. I'm looking forward to it. I predict it will get several Oscar nominations.