House : Watched this when you were little

Watched this when you were little

I remember when I saw this for the first time I was scared *beep* as a little kid. Back in the day I used to stay with my grandmother when my parents went out of town and she had this old grandfather clock that had the same creepy chime. I always checked and locked all the closet doors so that thing in the closet wouldnt get me. Now that I live in the same house but grandmother passed away and I made sure I turned that clock off..still creeps me out till this day.

I swear to god I'll pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans

Re: Watched this when you were little

I did see it once when I was 7 years old. I do remember the parts where Roger flushed that witch hand down the toilet & when Roger's ex-wife turned into that witch, & when Skeleton Ben was in his house and kept saying Roger's name while he was talking to him. And I also remember him shooting that fish on the wall when I saw it that time.

Courtney Benton

I saw this movie as a kid too..
But I didn't find it creepy, except for 2 things..
The cello music.. and when he shot the fish..
Ia hated that part.. just so weird..

But now I find it scary, as an adult.. :D

The part that always creeped me out the most was when Roger was typing at his computer with the tv on, and then he turns the tv off. Then he looks in the window and sees his son...reaches for the remote and turns him off too.

It was just done so casually that it came off as particularly disturbing.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I could only remember parts of this movie from when I was little that scared the crap out of me but couldnt remember what it was. After discussing the parts i could remember with my older cousin, he found it at a video store's going out of buisness sale.

Still has its moments, like those mentioned. But I think what still kinda gets me is the witch/wife.

Good movie.

Yep it was scarry

Yeah I watched it when I was a little kid too,but I didn't think it was scary,I thought it was cool,which it still is.

I watched House for first time when i was 6 and liked it a lot,but it didn't scared me.

Post deleted

I watched it when I was a little kid with my dad, and I remember being scared and fascinated by the part when the grotesque dead woman comes on the screen. Hahagoodtimes.

'My own brother, a god damn *beep* sucking vampire!'

I watched this a s young child too and it scared the *beep* out of me. I made my sister go into the bathroom with me for three months because I was scared of the hand in the toilet coming to get me. I'm literally watching it this very minute and it's actually not that scary at all and just pretty cheesy. Oh *beep* there's Bull from Night Court.

I watched this when I was about 5 and the part when Roger and his son open the door to find Big Ben standing there as a skeleton traumatized me. The next day my mom sent me upstairs to get something from a hall closet and I refused because I didn't want to open any doors. Then she went on a rant about how I was never watching any horror movies again. Yeah, that worked :p

I watched this when I was about 7. I pretty much grew up watching it (and Fright Night). The scene with the fish always scared the crap out of me. I'm 21 now, and I watched it a couple of nights ago...and the scene still scares me :(

/ semper fi / do or die / oohrah! oohrah! /

I saw it recently and it didn't bother me, I thought it was a comdey but aside from a couple sort of scenes that seemed like a mistake, (the opening credits having a cat running around, the guy driving his scooter and wrecking it) it just didn't seem like a comedy

I've been trying to figure out what the name of this movie was for years. I watched it with my dad and he just told me what it was called. It scared me soo badly.

Post deleted

Post deleted

I remember what use to scare me was the moving fish, the flying garden tools, the fat witch thing that was pretending to be his wife (her whole voice was creepy) the skeleton at the end and the part where Roger bursts into a room just as those little critters pull the kid up the chimney. Man, that was real creepy for me when I was a kid.

Introduce her to your world of sex, drugs and what else do you do?-Kathryn Mertuil, Cruel Intentions

i seen it when i was little too.i know i have seen some of the sequels but i only remember a bit from any of the.

The pizza that sings something about eating the pizza man.
the mirror in the bathroom as a portal to what seemed to be a evil dead veitnam.
and some sort of trap to kill a monster in the closet or something.

i was going to buy this movie on several occasions but i couldn't bring myself to do it despite the fond memories.i might have to pick it up soon.

The pizza part is from part 4. The other two (mirror portal and trap) are both from the first one. I have never seen part 2 or 3 and barley remember part 4.

Introduce her to your world of sex, drugs and what else do you do?-Kathryn Mertuil, Cruel Intentions

House 3 was actually never suppose to be part of the House series, it was a movie of it's own called "The Horror Show", for some reason it was re-named House 3 when it was released.

Cant believe no one pointed out the grandmother hanging there..with a slight swing....at the start of the movie.....as a kid..that sorta got me nervous.

I saw house 2 when I was very very young, it didn't scare me a bit then and I even forgot about it. I few years ago I started remembering little bits so I went to our local movie store looking for it, but I didn't know the name. Told a great staff member there, who has to be as old as tv lmao that i needed to know what a movie was called and all I remember is a dead guy and a glowing skull on a fireplace. took him a week but he called me back and voila, I was watching another forgotton 80's movie lol

I also watched this movie when I was very young and at first my mother wouldn't let me see it, although I was allowed to watch the second one. Finally I talked her into showing me the movie. It truly had some scary scenes like the beginning, or the scenes of Roger writing at night/evening and then suddenly hearing voices or seeing things. That really had me on the edge of my seat.
However, I truly jumped to the ceiling when that woman was kneeling down behind the table, and when she came back up she was that monstrous b-tch. Whoa!

This was actually one of my first horror movies and I would love to watch it again, partly because of nostalgic reasons and partly because I'm interested in how I would see it. Will it still be scary? I guess the witch-monster-woman-thing from behind the table would still make me jump.

I was born in 1982 so I didn't get to see this movie until much later. I think I was about 10 or 11 years old. To this day I still love this movie!!!! Roger was so cool to me. When he killed that ugly monster lady and cut her up I laughed when they played that song as he buried her. Awesome movie!!!

I remember being 5 the first time I saw it when it first came to video. Scared the living sh*t out of me. Ironically, I didn't want to stop watching it. We recorded it and I watched it nearly everyday. I can still, to this day, say every word to it, forward and backwards.

You have to love me, I'm your sister- Rena

I remember clicking through the channels as a little kid and pausing on this one after saying "Hey! It's the Greatest American Hero guy!". He was chasing a dog for some reason, so I sat down to watch it.

It wasn't long before a little kid with a monster hand on his back came along. I was like "Holy S it!"

after he bit the hand and flushed it down the toilet, I was hooked. told my parents all about his insane movie I just saw with the greatest american hero. It was watched as our "family night movie" later that week. lol.

DarthSeether: Cool story...ya HOUSE is great movie,you should get the DVD if ya dont have it....its got nice extras like a "Making of..." Its only 12 minutes....but they actually do show alot of cool things.

"it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."-Rocky

I also remember it from when I was 7 years old, although it was a very, very dark memory until I rewatched it today.

The scenes I could distinctively remember where:

-The girl picking up the shell and coming up as that weird monster
-Roger falling in the dark behind the mirror (although I think I mixed it up a bit with a scene in "Bill & Ted")
-Zombie-Big Ben

And once I saw the scenes with Roger trying to get rid of the monster's "corpse" and shooting the fish, I could remember them, too. It's funny when you re-discover something that's been buried way back in your mind.

One more thing I remember is that as a kid to keep myself from being to scared I was always trying to appreciate the comesy aspects of the movie. Like been going on about how he isn't the nice fairy or how he returned from the grave only to run out of ammunition. I laughed like crazy at those lines, just to pretend I'm not scared.

Good days.

I know a$sholes grow on trees but I'm here to trim the leaves

you live in your dead grandmother's house? what's that all about?

Like most of you, I saw this movie when I was only about 6-8 years old. Definitely loved it and definitely found it scary. By far the most terrifying part was when the hot woman bent down to pick up the bullet on the floor and popped up at that fat, high pitched witch-monster.

saw it when i was about 10 and was creeped out by it..

I have very fond memories of seeing this film when I was about ten. It was playing at the local cinema (long since closed) in Ripley, Derbyshire, in the U.K.. It was a fifteen certificate but they let me in along with my sister. It’s a daft film but it has a hold over me to this day. Not because it’s scary but because it becomes involving: It follows its own weird logic. Bit like ‘The Shining.’ It’s a great film to get a kid interested in movies.

To go off topic for a moment: Did anyone else do a double-take during the commentary where they say that 'House,' was one of the first films to combine scares with laughs. I sat there thinking, 'Cat and the Canary,' anybody. And what about, 'American Werewolf.'?

Yep, I was young when I first watched it... Thought it was a pretty cool movie.

About the only thing I can remember with any certainty was near the end when Bull (night court) was in the house all decayed and moving towards the guy and his kid as they hid crouched behind a table/mattress.

I've been looking for this movie since that day.

Move is a timeless classic. Not the best with special effects but I've remember it after all these years. I even signed up for netflix just to rent this movie. And when I get some spare cash I'm going to buy it. As with everyone, I firt seen this movie when I was around 8 or so. The things i remember most are the witch lady (duh) and Zombie Big Ben. Can't wait to share this movie with my own kids someday.

thats funny. My dad left a copy of this movie lyin around for 7year old me to find and it scared me real good, I consider it one of my 1st scary flix... BIG BEN USED TO SCARE THE BEJESUS Outta Me, I still draw skeletons in army clothes with knives because of this movie.

burned into my brain it is.

I remeber watching this as a kid.. My dad had a video store. Here in the UK this was released on the EV video label.. and they always had the best trailers.

See if anyone remembers the trailers on House, I think it was Starchaser: Legend of Orin and TerrorVision if I remember rightly.

Post deleted

Post deleted

I too saw this movie as a kid and loved it! the first two were the best in my opinion - i liked this with Terrorvision and Troll - I didnt find it scary, just cool and funny.. I thought the guy from Cheers made it more of a comedy.. I remember Roger having to look after a little kid, the kid got the hand stuck on his back and he was playing with the toy 'buzz off' (probably a He Man, or She Ra character I think) A movie from my good old days..

I was 14 in 1986, and this was one of my favorite films at the time. It wasn't that scary though.

Saw this when I was about 10 with my brother who was about 9. Loved it! My brother had trouble sleeping for weeks, thinking that hand was hiding under his bed. haha. Tried watching it tonight with my 11 year old daughter, but she found it a bit too much. I guess it was different back then. I love it just as much now as I did then!

Yeah, I saw this when I was about 9 and it freaked me out. Own it on DVD today and it doesn't have that affect anymore but still enjoyable none-the-less.

"Welcome To Prime Time, B*tch!"-Freddy Krueger (ANOES 3: Dream Warriors)

I just finished watching this on Netflix instant play. I remember as a kid back in the 80's and remember Big Ben use to scare the you know what outta me. I even had nightmares of him chasing me.

I first saw this movie in my early teen years and rented it on VHS back then . For about a year after watching this one I would not open my closet doors after midnight LOL . Some of those creatures were very big and creepy looking especially Richard Moll's Character " Skeleton Big Ben " and that voice whoa lol . A wonderful and versatile actor he is and loved him on the TV Show Night Court as the gentle-sweet Bull Shannon . Excellent movie and cast now I own this one on DVD . Thanks Phillie_Roller22 for your subject post .

Watched this when I was 8 or 9 - I actually found it more comedy than horror (Friday the 13th & Elm St were much scarier). Still have fond memories of it. I don't watch Horrors any more but this is a classic in my book!

I talked my grandmother into taking me to the theater to see this when I was 6. I can't imagine why she thought it was a good idea!

When we got there, I lasted no time, had her take me across to the other theater & see An American Tail - which I fell asleep during :-)

I've seen this movie a couple times on TV as a kid - around 9-10 yrs old. I'm no horror movie wuss, and wasn't one even then either. I found it creepy and even funny in some places, but wasn't traumatized by it overall. EXCEPT for that fat squeaky-voiced monster thing that was pretending to be that guy's wife. Yeeeesh! I haven't seen this flick in a good I dunno...14 yrs, and almost don't want to again because of her/it lol But then again maybe being further desensitized when it comes to visual horror, it won't be as bad at age 24. Anyway, apparently i'm not the only one who hated that ugly *beep*!

~My predicament lacks its usual cheer~

I was about 10 when I first saw this and (although I was scared of pretty much everything back then) I loved it. Still a fun film, 30 years after it got released. Love the hand in the toilet, it was even funnier 26 years ago!