Gran Torino : Watched this today *spoilers*

Watched this today *spoilers*

I didn't know what to expect. It was good

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Re: Watched this today

I thought it was racist, and aimed at angry older folk

My password is password

What was racist about it? The Asian family were decent people and the villains were in a gang

There would be no story without the villians

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

The slurs. Plus lines like "we would have stacked up ****s like you ten feet high in Korea, used you as sandbags"

My password is password

His character was in the Korean war.
That negates everything you said.

Yes, he said racist things but he turned out to be a friend to the young man next door and gave his life to put the bad guys in prison

*Spoilers*

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

It's the classic "Grumpy racist with a heart of gold" trope.

It was VERY good!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

👍👍

Excellent movie. I'd say it is one of Eastwood's best films from the millennial and perhaps one his best overall.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Agreed, my friend ❤️

Re: Watched this today *spoilers*

It was better than I expected. Clint is the greatest grumpy old man.

My password is password

Same here

I watched this when it came out, thought it was pretty decent, although predictable . The acting from the Asian guy was kinda below par.

It’s not a masterpiece like Million dollar Baby, but it was a watchable movie from Clint. The ending with the song from
Jamie Callum was great though

Not exactly a happy ending though.

Sure, we see the kid driving around in his car.
Happy, happy, joy, joy which makes us forget that for him to have gotten it meant that Walt gets shot to death.

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall