Politics : Trump tried to pull out all US troops from around the world after the election

Trump tried to pull out all US troops from around the world after the election

It ended up being too late in his presidency to pull off. Had he done it earlier in his presidency he may have won reelection.

John McEntee, one of Donald Trump's most-favored aides, handed retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor a piece of paper with a few notes scribbled on it. He explained: "This is what the president wants you to do."

1. Get us out of Afghanistan.

2. Get us out of Iraq and Syria.

3. Complete the withdrawal from Germany.

4. Get us out of Africa.

It was Nov. 9, 2020 — days after Trump lost his re-election bid, 10 weeks before the end of his presidency and just moments after Macgregor was offered a post as senior adviser to acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller.

When it came down to it, Trump was indecisive. In the view of top officials, he did not seem to want to own the consequences of a precipitous withdrawal.

This allowed the Pentagon to dismiss his tweets and rants and maintain the status quo. They stuck to the National Defense Strategy — a document they fully believed Trump hadn't bothered to read.

Some senior officials also deliberately deceived Trump. "What Syria withdrawal? There was never a Syria withdrawal," Jim Jeffrey, Trump's special envoy to Syria and the anti-ISIS coalition, told Defense One in a post-election interview in November 2020.

https://www.axios.com/off-the-rails-trump-military-withdraw-afghanistan-5717012a-d55d-4819-a79f-805d5eb3c6e2.html

Re: Trump tried to pull out all US troops from around the world after the electi

you actually believe this clown?

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

Re: Trump tried to pull out all US troops from around the world after the electi

We traded in a president who didn't start any new wars and was drawing down troop presence overseas, for a president who has supported every war and who is already getting involved in military conflicts in the Middle East. Great work, liberals.

Great work, liberals.

They are also in denial of the violence on the streets created by the subterfuge of their highly volatile and entitled BLM followers. They will deceptively turn it around into being all about an insurrection at the Whitehouse that was promoted as something worse, when it had far less damage and casualties.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

The vast majority of BLM protests have been entirely peaceful, and cops kill more unarmed people each year than have been harmed in the entire life of BLM or Antifa, but as usual objective reality is of no interest to you. You're far more interested in fact-free, hateful fantasies.

You're far more interested in fact-free, hateful fantasies.

You appear more interested in denying facts from hateful BLM and ANTIFA movements and regardless of how many cops kill more unarmed people each year, (ones that don't do what they're asked because they're thick), it DOESN'T change the nature of the riots, that you are deluded about.

Why are you so full of s<>t?

Why does rioting in the streets give these loser thugs a free pass, just because another of their psychotic thug brethren didn't know how to behave in public either?

You appear more interested in denying facts from hateful BLM and ANTIFA movements and regardless of how many cops kill more unarmed people each year, (ones that don't do what they're asked because they're thick), it DOESN'T change the nature of the riots, that you are deluded about.

Here's a fact for you: the amount of harm caused by BLM and Antifa is meaningless compared to the harm caused by our structurally racist law enforcement and economic system. But you're a piece of garbage who apparently worships cops and loves the status quo, so you're hell bent on exaggerating minor harms into a problem they never were and never will be. Go fuck yourself, shit for brains.

you're a piece of garbage who apparently worships cops and loves the status quo, so you're hell bent on exaggerating minor harms into a problem they never were and never will be. Go fuck yourself, shit for brains.

Oh Good! Looks like I've enraged you even more.

You're way off the mark, distorted and your faux outrage and wrongheadedness, (not to mention pigheadedness), makes you not worth a pinch of salt. Does/Did your mother even like you? 😆

An attempted coup to overthrow democracy that would have resulted in a civil war if they got their way is far worse than people justifyingly protesting abuse by polices officers.

Yet they weren't EVER going to get their way. The entitled ones did and used Floyd'd death as an excuse to get a free t.v.

Totally.

There was never once any doubt that Biden would be sworn in on Jan 20th even if the Trumptards had stolen the ballot boxes from clowngress.

In terms of damage and death and destruction where things actually got burned the fuck down, the BLM/Antifa were way the fuck worse and yet the media and other lefties treat the Cap. riots as if those were worse and just ignore and sweep the BLM riots under the rug.

You bet that next Jan 6th they will make a big deal with a day in remembrance and have a minute of silence for the Cap cop killed while the summer of 2020 will just be remembered of one of peaceful protests.

In terms of damage and death and destruction where things actually got burned the fuck down, the BLM/Antifa were way the fuck worse and yet the media and other lefties treat the Cap. riots as if those were worse and just ignore and sweep the BLM riots under the rug.

This is typical establishment self-aggrandizement and thinking they are superior and above everything else. It also suits the MSM narrative to show how democracy was attacked, and it suits the Dem narrative to show how oppressed and put-upon black people are, so BLM and Antifa get a free pass for their appalling and rotten behaviour because virtue signalling is the new zeitgeist of the Liberals.

What happened in the city streets of some US cities is far more disconcerting and affected more people.

LMAO!
We don't have democracy and you are freaking way the fuck out over a totally impossible scenario that did not come anywhere close to actually happening.
You need to study up on how wars actually start, son.
Hint: Not by a few radicles who take over a gov. building for a few hours.

Instead of making comparisons how about just not wanting to see any more violence coming from either side ever again?

We don't have democracy? You need to study up on basic civics. What took place on January 6th was an attempted coup. You had protestors trying to break down doors that led to members of government, while chanting they are going to kill them. It didn't happen out of nowhere. It happened because Donald Trump lied about the election being stolen and a significant portion of the population believes it. Had they better succeeded in their goal of bloodshed and taken over the Capitol, they could very well have had the support of these Trump supporters around the country. They are deranged. Then we would have had a full blown civil war on our hands. People storming houses of government is exactly how coups begin.

We have one party which is controlled by corporations.
The Republicrats or the Democans.
That one party does not invite or makes it impossible for any of the non-corporation controlled parties, such as Libertarian or Green, to have any chance at ever winning the bigger elections.
I dunno what to call it but it is not democracy.

There was never a chance that Biden was not going to be sworn in on Jan. 20th and there never was a risk of a civil war.
Not with how much more powerful and armed the Natl' Guard and military is.
Turd Face has divided this country and there was a lot of violence during his term because of it but never near the risk of a full blown war.

Those guys and girls did storm the Cap and did occupy it for a bit but they were made to move away by the cops and the Natl' Guard.
If any of them were armed they didn't bother to even try to fire because they saw they were outgunned as they did when the Natl' Guard was there afterwards surrounding the Cap which is why they never tried it again even though they made announcements they were going to.

Have you forgot how "pleased" the whole world was when he moved the US embassy to Jerusalem? I don't have anything against Trump, just trying to look at the greater picture.

Trump was too wishy-washy. He promised a lot of things but seldom delivered. For an alleged "non-interventionist" he left a lot to be desired: he nearly started a war with Iran, tried to pull off a coup in Venezuela, destroyed any hope of peace between Israel and Palestine with the embassy move, and surrounded himself with notorious neocons and warmongers like Pompeo, Bolton and Haley.

Some good intentions, lots of bad decisions.

Some good intentions, lots of bad decisions.
Intentions railroaded by the the MSM to make it appear he was worse than what he really was.

The proof is in the pudding now, that Biden is being fallaciously championed for every darn thing he does.

Absolutely, the crappy MSM unfairly published what Trump said and covered what he did, rather than making him look as Presidential as I knew him to be.

MMC2: "Drill here! Drill now, Biden!"

….rather than making him look as Presidential as I knew him to be.

😆

Trump was rather demure and charming as well, last time I had tea and crumpets with him too.

Biden made to look presidential by the MSM, doesn't mean he is any more capable or competent than Trump was. He can barely stand up on his own two feet, let alone string a salient and truthful pointed statement together. At least one knew where they stood with Trump, he was easier to take at face value.

I just don't see how there can be any defense for the most important job when the one who has it is a total fuck up as Turd Lump was.

Biden was a senator and a VP. A career politician who knows more about how DC works than Turd Face does of the back of his own hand and you question Biden's competency?
LOL

I am not exactly Team Biden but I prefer him way the hell over what we just had which was a total and clueless moron.

I watch from the side lines, not living in the US, yet from my own observation, whatever Biden's professional attributes are, it doesn't change his senility.

Trump wasn't a statesman, he was a businessman, and yet the Republicans chose him to represent them. It worked for a term and nothing changes the biases of the MSM. Trump couldn't do any good, Biden can do no wrong. Its not all face value. That is being superficial.

and increased troops, which is the opposite of non-interventionism

AND, he vetoed a bi-partisan bill (Sanders-Lee) that would end the Yemeni genocide.

I was very curious how Trump would have acted in his 2nd term, knowing he didn't owe anyone anything, and that he didn't have anything to lose since he didn't care about a career in politics, like many who left the Presidency to get paid millions for a speech, which started under Reagan (2 million from Japan)

But, as an independent, radical, anti-PC, left-winged populist, I wanted Trump to beat Biden.

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

He's an attention-seeker, if you ask me

Two presidents in a row, one right and one left, that supported Israel. I know, tough stuff for all the anti-Semites on both sides, the so-called "critics of Israel" and the neo-Nazis.

I wonder why.

"the source" 🎹 🎨
christinabarrett.com

It is Bizarro World we are now living in where Dems/Libs now love war and lose their shit at any thoughts of taking steps to prevent it and where Repubs, for now at least, are not starting any new wars and doing what they can to prevent and end them.