Totally Killer : Totally Killer is a firecracker of a horror comedy!!

Totally Killer is a firecracker of a horror comedy!!

Totally Killer (Nahnatchka Khan, 2023) 10/10
When the infamous "Sweet Sixteen Killer" returns 35 years after his first murder spree to claim another victim, 17-year-old Jamie accidentally travels back in time to 1987, determined to stop the killer before he can start.

Campy time travel slasher-comedy sounded so fantastic. And it is! It's also hilariously funny. I laughed heartily throughout! I love that Kiernan Shipka has been playing a high school student since 2015. You go girl. She really is adorable in this with her little sarcastic ass. I see you, bestie!

Right away, the movie hooked with its Halloween atmosphere. The plot picks up quickly and keeps the beat the entirety of its runtime! I never found myself bored, actually growing more and more invested as time went on. The story makes for a fun time; a great blend of perfectly-timed clever comedy, thrilling horror sequences, and heartfelt moments all scattered throughout.

The humour in this cinematic gem is razor-sharp, delivered with impeccable timing and laced with biting wit. It's not merely a source of comic relief but a vehicle for trenchant social commentary, underscoring the film's depth. The ingenious balance of levity and gravitas is a testament to the narrative dexterity at play.

The references and homages to other films are tasteful and work every time. I really enjoyed the Scream name drop! As a slasher fan, I am pleased with the gore and kills. I also love the sets, the amusement park being my favourite. The wardrobe is perfect, especially the Molly Ringwald inspiration! I can’t go without mentioning the soundtrack, which most definitely pulls the ‘80s vibe all together!

The entire cast is phenomenal, Kiernan Shipka and Olivia Holt giving my favourite performances to no one’s surprise! I also adore Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson, Kelcey Mawema, Julie Bowen, and of course Liana Liberato. But like I said, every cast member fits right into their role, almost each character being entertaining to follow.

Definitely better than even I expected it to be. A blast of a time-travel slasher that I’ll be revisiting quite a lot! Olivia and Kiernan, please do more in the horror genre!!!

Screenshot-34300.png

check my blocklist, you're probably on it

Re: Totally Killer is a firecracker of a horror comedy!!

these ur thoughts or did u lift them from a review?

do you really truly recommend this?

yes and yes

6.6 on IMDB

6.6 on IMDb.

mjeyds.gif

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

watch this movie, you idiots!

I am now. I don’t know who the killer is yet. It’s awesome.

My password is password

clap.gif this is why i love you

❤️ love10.gif

It was really good with that twist ending that I didn’t see coming. laugh.gif What a fun ride. Really good casting as well.

My password is password

i'm glad you liked it 😊

Thank you, I really did that I’m gonna watch it again. 💕

My password is password

I blocked the user to whom you talk, it seems to me as if you are speaking to yourself here. hehe

I liked the movie!

I thought it was fairly amusing and enjoyable, but I didn't love it as much as you. 7/10 would be my rating.