Peter Pan Live! : To all the people out there who have a problem with a female Peter Pan

To all the people out there who have a problem with a female Peter Pan

There was a silent movie of Peter Pan from 1924, in which Peter Pan is played by a girl too.

She was chosen by Pan-inventor J.M. Barrie himself(!) for that role in a movie (not a play in the theatre!), so even the inventor of Peter Pan has no problem with him played by a girl.

It´s ok if you prefer a real boy as Peter Pan, but keep in mind, that it´s not a "crazy" thing to cast a girl, and that Barrie himself has no problem with that.

So you can´t say "A girl as Peter Pan is ridiculous, Barrie wouldn´t like that, that´s not a REAL Peter Pan, this has nothing to do with Peter Pan" etc.

Re: To all the people out there who have a problem with a female Peter P

So because it was done before or The "the inventor" had no problem with it
it makes it right
Well I don't play under these rules

So you can´t say "A girl as Peter Pan is ridiculous

Yes I can and I will if I want to
However if they did snow white live and cast Steven seagal as snow white
Don't say its ridiculous

keep the change you filthy animal

Its tradition. I still cant understand why people can't get around that. And I can't understand why it bugs people.

Because they don´t have any imagination.

And they don´t understand that a woman is in most cases a better actor than a real young boy, especially in silent movies, where you just have your mimics and gestures.

And they also don´t get the concept of a "trouser-role". In the opera and in theatres there are many roles like this. Many writers do that to show that a male character is - for example - more androgynous, or like a fairy.

In the opera it´s important for some male roles to be played by women, because of their voices.

And let´s not forget: it was Peter Pan-inventor J.M. Barrie himself, who chooses Betty Bronson for the role of Peter Pan ;)

As I mentioned: people who have a big problem with those roles don´t have any imagination, and they don´t understand why sometimes it is important a woman plays a mans role.
They will never enjoy those movies and plays - not my problem ^^

Probably because they're sick of it. It's time that tradition was broken. Give a boy a chance. Peter Pan 360 had an adult man do it. And I'd love to see a male do it in the musical. If they can split Hook and Mr. Darling into different actors, they can make Peter a guy for once.

Barrie wanted a girl to play Peter Pan, that was his intention. If the audience gets sick of that, they are free to go in any other play where a man plays the main part, instead of Peter Pan.

To be sick of a girl playing Peter Pan means to be sick of Barries intentions.

By that brilliant reasoning, then there can never be a black James Bond. Because creator Ian Fleming created a list of seven choices for Bond, and they were all white.

If audiences get sick of that, they are free to go in any other movie where a black man plays the main part, instead of a white person.