Economics, Business, Money, Finance : Tip jars

Tip jars

So everyone, everywhere now wants to be tipped for doing their jobs. Was at a convenience store today and they had a tip jar on the counter. What exactly am I supposed to be tipping them for? My purchase was $xx.37 so I took the 37 cents out of the tip jar, treating it as one of those jars they used to have when you needed some change before these geniuses decided to turn it into a money making proposition. The cashier looked horrified, and stood there slack jawed as I told them to have a nice day.

The Lion does not give a fuck. Bring. More. Sheep.

Re: Tip jars

Lilith pls

My password is password

You still use actual cash? I only do that if the interact system is down.

My password is password

I only use cash to pay hitmen to kill Fugazi.

My password is password

I used CashApp to knock off Bob Lee.

My password is password

cash is the best way to tip. It's non-reportable, thus denying Millard his commie wages

I always tip in cash, regardless of how I pay.

Am I missing something? I could be missing something. I often miss things.

I'll leave cash tips, then write "Taxation is Theft" in the tip line of the receipt. laugh.gif

You're a moron.

Awww, lil fatass big sad he no get his benefits.

I do at convenience stores and other shady businesses.

Why not pay them for a tip, you bought it and only right that you tell them what you think.

i tip if they render a service like making a sandwich or actually working. if they just ring something up they can go cry about it cuz i won't tip.

Fuck that. Everyone wants a handout, even those with jobs. Last year some 40 year old chick at a convenience store had a tip jar on the counter for her "college fund." I overheard her tell someone she was excited to get extra money from it to buy crack. The next time I was in the store I slyly placed a sticker on the jar that said "crack fund" so there would be some truth in the advertising.

You stole from the cashier, they likely have CCTV.

I gave myself a tip for being a good customer, waiting patiently while they chit chatted to the previous customer for 5 minutes even though the line was practically out the door.

You're probably just trolling, but no, you cannot steal from the store.

Why can't I? They steal from me.

I can't even count the times i've been in a store and they tried to not give me my change, thinking it was just okay to keep it.

I can't even count the times i've been in a store and they tried to not give me my change, thinking it was just okay to keep it.
yup. last month at a drug store, the young cashier asked if i wanted my change. they were shocked when i said yes i wanted it because it's my money. then the person got confused while counting it out and i had to "assist" in the counting. everything is mostly electronic so the kids panic when cash transaction

It was probably like a penny. Just put it in the charity box like a normal person.

They do that to you too? I thought I was the only one.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

What's the biggest tip you ever got at the strip club?

Post deleted

That wasn't really a tip though, you were just paid for whatever services you rendered.

Parking lot tip or backroom tip?

Post deleted

That's prostitution, by the way.

Post deleted

You did. You not only did that, you ate his asshole and were then surprised when he refused to give you his number so you could ruin his life.

Post deleted

say, that reminds me. afroman wanted to get with you and see if he can work out some deal about combining your crab armies for a big mission he has coming up.

Post deleted

Fuck you're stupid.

My password is password

Post deleted

It's actually a good idea, retail workers were treated as essential workers during the pandemic and are grotesquely underpaid, plus they have to deal with mongs like you all day. If waiters are tipped then why not retail staff. They'll remember you next time you go in. Of course, this story probably never happened.

Nobody is going to give you a tip for handing them their cigarettes, Milltard. If you don't like the pay you receive, maybe you should have applied yourself a little harder at life so you don't have to beg money off people who did.

If you have a tip jar, you are literally a beggar.

You are some a boomer mong.

Get educated and try again, in English.

Post deleted

You obviously like the little ****er. You're way too easy on him.

My password is password

Go get an education if you want better pay lazy ****!

My password is password

He has to learn to drive first.

Millard? oddly he has a license.

My password is password

Nothings gone stop him now!

Wait… does he have to sit in a booster seat to see over the dash and then wouldn't he need stilts to reach the pedals?