House of the Dragon : They downplayed Aemonds murder of Lucerys for the show

They downplayed Aemonds murder of Lucerys for the show

to make him a more likable, sympathetic character. In the book, one of Lord Borros Baratheons daughters, one he didn't choose and who was bitter about it, chided him for not going after Lucerys saying she was glad he didn't choose her because she wanted to marry a man and she wasn't sure if Lucerys took his eye or his balls. Borros then encouraged Aemond to go after him in a way, and enraged, Aemond pursued him. So it's not entirely accurate to say Aemond was just fucking around playfully with his cousin with no actual ill intent.

Relax, faggot.

Re: They downplayed Aemonds murder of Lucerys for the show

In the book was his intention to kill or just seriously scare/maim Lucerys?

Pretty sure it was murder. It didn’t work though. Harwin Strong also survived his attempted murder. You can see he saves his son later if you look closely at my avatar, which is based on actual book facts.

I guess it's the difference between murder 1, 2 and manslaughter (?)

I don't think I like the book version of this because show Aemond is learning philosophy and all that shit. Would like to think he wouldn't let a scorned woman influence his actions to that degree.

But then again he's still a kid. In the book anyway. He looks very grown up in the show.

…and are you trolling a little bit there? 😲

The show has tried to whitewash various characters to make them more likable for the audience. Laenor isn’t spared by Rhaenyra & Daemon. Alicent is never told Aegon is to be king by a deluded Viserys. Aemond doesn’t accidentally kill Lucerys. I would rather they show these characters as vicious cunts. I feel like I would like them more. But I get it, they want these characters to be more complex, more grey.

Funnily enough I love this show, but I don’t think I like a single character in it. Perhaps I like the cargill brother who defected to the Blacks or Ser Harrold Westerling.

Nit sure why they needed to whitewash them. GoT proved we have no problem watching utter cunts on screen. 😂

Good thing, because fan favorite Daemon is going to be behind even more evil shit in season 2 than you could imagine. Whatever that means!

Relax, faggot.

FUCK YES!

One stayed Green, the other joined the Blacks. One stood behind Daemon and the other behind Otto on the bridge, and they pulled swords on each other. If you read the book you know what their final fate is.

Relax, faggot.

Thanks for spoiling the show!!

I hadn't finished watching the finale.

Fuck off, retard.

Relax, faggot.

Your fucking mama!!

What's with Targs and killing messengers? 😂

I guess they are the reason they came up with that don't kill the messenger expression.

Relax, faggot.

…and then there's Otto, rushing to personally deliver maddening news for the second time. Because the first time went so well… 🤔

I would imagine part of that would be the satisfaction of delivering that news, but his hubris is fucking staggering. 😂

It's different in the book. In the book they send one of the maesters to the bridge, and Rhaenerys strips him of his chains and gives them to her own maester.

The show likes to take past events and bring them full circle. This time, Otto is on the other side, and still is presented with the possibility of being eaten by a dragon, so he backs the fuck down. Originally, Otto declared they needed to end this mummurs farce, but in the second encounter it is Daemon who declares they need to end it, with a big ass grin.

Also, same episode, Lucerys tells his mother they have dragons, and they should fly to various keeps to get allies, reminiscent of Rhaeneyra doing the same earlier in the season.

Many, many instances of them doing this throughout the first season.

Relax, faggot.

I liked that full circle thing except with people adopting different attitudes.

Shit. I'm gonna read that book, aren't I. 😐

I think a lot of people are going to read that book now, or at least give it another look.

Relax, faggot.

Yes but then we're all spoiled and judgy.

Aren't we already those things?

Relax, faggot.

Sometimes.😂 I'm still in the excited and grateful stage.

… just noticed your sig.

Let me walk it off first!

How was your walk?

Relax, faggot.

I rewatched the finale last night and have various questions.

Where has Ser Harrold Westerling gone? Feel free to provide spoilers btw.

Also, have you actually read the book? I think we've already covered this. But I've been trying this week and it seriously is a hard read. As much as I want to know what happens, the opening parts really are like reading the Bible.

Thank you for talking to me

Ser Harrold died before Viserys did in the book, so this is all new territory with his expanded storyline. We can assume he will likely eventually show up and declare for Rhaenyra at some point, ala Barristan Selmy.

I have also tried to read the book and found it unbearable, so I have skimmed and read portions of it, supplemented with tons of reading from various wiki articles. I will likely try to read it again now after I watch the season another time or two, now that my interest has been properly piqued. For some reason, I actually have 3 copies of the book.

Relax, faggot.

Ser Harrold died before Viserys did in the book, so this is all new territory with his expanded storyline. We can assume he will likely eventually show up and declare for Rhaenyra at some point, ala Barristan Selmy.
That will be badass. Was hoping for that in the finale.

have also tried to read the book and found it unbearable, so I have skimmed and read portions of it, supplemented with tons of reading from various wiki articles. I will likely try to read it again now after I watch the season another time or two, now that my interest has been properly piqued. For some reason, I actually have 3 copies of the book.
Same. I will likely endure though and read it through gritted teeth.

There's a lot of creative internet folk online though. Surely someone will make some sort of animated version of it or something.

Heard anything more about the Jon Snow project? Thoughts ?

Ps - I found it funny when Wiseau was saying he hasn't seen it and a moment later he had. Not sure why I doubted him - he's the geezer that watched the whole of lost s1 in one day 😂

Haha oh btw, have you noticed that Emma D'Arcy is 'non-binary' or whatever it's called? I only know this because i noticed whenever they talk about her on wiki she's referred to as 'they'.

Look up her Wikipedia. It's just difficult to read.

Yeah she's a weirdo freak and it hurts the show, since she doesn't have chemistry with even a single other person on the show. Someone described her as looking like a fat boy in a dress. Would have greatly preferred they kept the original actress. They've got black people playing the whitest albinos who ever lived, no reason a 22 year old girl couldn't play a 40 year old. I guess the real main reason they changed her was because Rhaenyra got fat and lumpy after squirting out a half dozen kids, and Miley Alcock was so tiny and didn't look like a fat boy in a dress.

Relax, faggot.

Not long enough.