Boy Meets World : There Was No Need for the Shawn and Angela Retcon

There Was No Need for the Shawn and Angela Retcon

There was no need for the Shawn & Angela retcon for why Angela wouldn't get back with Shawn in early season 7. The writers retconned it so that the reason why Angela wouldn't get back with Shawn is because she was afraid that she would leave him the way that her mother had left her father, when the actual reason why Angela wouldn't get back with Shawn was already established in season 6: Shawn is confused about what he wants.

There was no need for the rewrite because by the very end of season 6 in the season finale it looked like Shawn was no longer confused anymore. They could've just simply put Shawn & Angela back together again in early season 7 without any drama at all. Just a simple beautiful scene of Shawn saying to Angela in private that after being at Feeny & Lila Bolander's wedding last year that it had made him realize that life is incredibly short & when real, true love comes into what's an already short life that it would be absolutely foolish not to take it. Then Shawn after that would apologize to Angela for what he put her through last year, and let her know that he won't ever do it again because he truly knows now what he wants: her. Then they'd just simply get back together again. As we saw in the tail end of the season 6 finale there would be no hesitation on Angela's part to get back together again with Shawn.

Re: There Was No Need for the Shawn and Angela Retcon

I always looked at it as though they were both confused about what they wanted but Angela's reason for confusion didn't surface until later on.

Re: There Was No Need for the Shawn and Angela Retcon

I always looked at it as though they were both confused about what they wanted

To quote Shawn & Angela themselves from the episode "Santa's Little Helpers":

Shawn: It's confusing, huh?

Angela: Yeah. We broke up. We agreed to move on.

Shawn: Next thing you know, we're kissing under the mistletoe.

Angela: Yeah, and letting Cory tell us how we should feel.

Shawn: When we're not even sure ourselves.

Angela: Oh, no, Shawn. I'm sure. I love you. I've always loved you. I just wanted you to be sure about what you felt.