Comic Books and Comic-Con : The premise of Power Rangers was kind of creepy.

The premise of Power Rangers was kind of creepy.

So Rita or Lord Zedd (depending on what season you watch), from space, knew the Power Rangers identities and could spy on the Power Rangers on Earth from their super-telescope anytime they wanted, without the Rangers knowing they were being looked at and their conversations being heard.

Their super-telescope had no trouble going though walls, and the villains often watched the Power Rangers inside the school building.

Rita or the main villain could send a monster down to attack the Power Rangers at any given time, and would often wait until the Power Rangers were together, such as walking home from school in an isolated field, where there were no other witnesses.

This begs the questions:

1) Since Rita and Zedd could spy on the Rangers at any time, where buildings didn't interfere, why weren't they ever spied on at home? Talking with their parents? Eating family dinner? They only seemed to be spied on during school hours. Never when they're in the shower or at home with their parents. Did Rita and Zedd respect their privacy?

2) Rita created monsters when the Rangers were in obscure areas with few witnesses, allowing the Rangers the convenience of morphing without giving away their identity before going into battle mode, and also allowing them time to prevent the villain from harming anyone. If Rita were smart, why didn't she create the villain during school hours, where the monster harms students, forcing the Power Rangers to reveal their identity?

2) Why didn't Rita just create a monster while they were sleeping, to come in their house, and kill them?

Re: The premise of Power Rangers was kind of creepy.

Did Rita spy on them when they were having sex or even taking a shit? It may be that she drew a line and didn't cross it for moral reasons.

filmboards Administrator & Troll Slayer

I GameBoy
- H. superior

We know why they show didn't (it's a kid show) but it's never explained narratively.

And Rita's monsters never killed any human. Were they even evil? Maybe Rita had manners?

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

Tommy the green ranger was so hot. Also the little Asian ranger.

Hey Diddler, Diddler….the cat and the fiddler LOL

Adam?

Yes Adam. I'd totally hit that.

Hey Diddler, Diddler….the cat and the fiddler LOL

The yellow ranger was a woman named Tracy.

I'm cumming.

I've never seen Power Rangers, but what you've just described is a cheap ass show that had a couple of sets and built the story around those.

Shit, that would have been some scary shit for the 6 yr olds watching