Tarantula : The most ridiculous B-Movie solution?

The most ridiculous B-Movie solution?

In almost every B-Movie about monster- or alien-attacks, near the end, when everything seems lost, someone, usually a scientist, will come up with a clever solution to the problim, exposing the weak points of the creatures, and constructing the one and only device which has the power to destroy them.
Which B-Movie do you think has the most hilarious or far-fetched solution of them all?

Re: The most ridiculous B-Movie solution?

Except for this one, it was the mightly US Air Force in their F-86s (led, of course, by Clint Eastwood) that took out the big, bad spider.

The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms: They shoot the dinosaur, which had been awakened by an atomic blast, with radioactive isotopes - great idea, guys! ;-) I love that movie...

I think the most rididculous solution i've seen was in "Gamera Vs. Gaos". The Gaos is a flying bird/dinosaur thing who is hurt by sunlight. So they lure him onto a carousel and spin him around until he's dizzy, so he won't be able to fly away when the sun rises (or something).

More recently, in "Forbidden World", they defeat a genetically modified monster by feeding him a man who has cancer.

See also "Earth vs The Flying Saucers" where this same question is also raised.

How about "Beginning of the End," when they use sound waves on a boat to draw the gigantic grasshoppers into the ocean to drown them.

**jquirk-1: How about "Beginning of the End," when they use sound waves on a boat to draw the gigantic grasshoppers into the ocean to drown them.**

Even funnier, in one of the the last shots, the whole Chicago waterfront is clear. Where did the bodies go?? I guess they sank to the bottom of Lake Michigan or just floated away.

Ain't nothin' silly about Clint Eastwood blasting a spider's arse into kingdom come!

"The Giant Claw", with its MESIC ATOM gun to disable antimatter. Hilarious!

I kind of liked the way they handled it in, “Tarantula”.

I’m pretty sure Rachel Carson would not have cared for it though!

To answer your question, when the flying wing dropped a nuke on Pomona in, “War of the Worlds”

She was a junkie for the printed word. Fortunately, I manufactured her drug of choice!

I'll second "The Giant Claw" for most bizarre solution. A space vulture protected by anti-matter, you don't get much stranger than that.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I just found a clip of it being shot with missiles. It looks as it it inhales a large amount of coal before ripping apart a suspension bridge.

Very weird film. 😕

How about Killers from Space? "If we just cut off the aliens power supply for thirty seconds, their reactor will overload and explode, killing them all!"

I disagree with what you are saying, but I will fight to your death for your right to say it;-)

Isn't it "The Amazing Colossal Man" in which they have a gigantic hypodermic needle? Unfortunately, the big guy turns it into a weapon against the attacker. So, it's not exactly THE solution...

I'll have to think about this more.

But, I do find it satisfying~blasting the spider with napalm! (I have this major phobia about arachnids.)

*** The trouble with reality is there is no background music. ***

Mars Attacks: Martians killed by Slim Whitman music!

You are entitled to my opinion, whether you want it or not!!

Slim Whitman would kill anything. Besides, comedies are supposed to be ridiculous. ;-)

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.

The Giant Spider Invasion. To close a black hole which kills the spiders, you go to Caltech, get a neutron initiator, set in a 360 degree pattern and voila! So simple when you think about it, like going to Walmart for bug killer, butter, and frozen chicken breast.

I agree with Wears,

Of all the B-movie monster/alien killing solutions, that was the hands-down best. Their heads explode to yodeling-type music

"What's killing them grandma?"

"I think it's my music."

That wierd gun they developed to bring down the bird in "The Giant Claw" would be my #2 choice.

Rockets and napalm don't seem ridiculous at all. Outside of Mars Attacks, the one that always got me was how being struck by lightning made King Kong strong enough to defeat Godzilla.

"Electricity makes him stronger?"

It doesn't count, but there was a Dick Van Dyke Show where he joked about a movie he saw where a giant shoe is dropped on a giant bug.

INVASION OF THE SAUCERMEN (and its inferior color remake THE EYE CREATURES): car headlights cause the aliens to explode.
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE: dogs rip out the throats of the bulletproof Andromedans.
THE DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS: seawater kills 'em.
THE MONOLITH MONSTERS: man-made seawater.
THE COLOSSUS OF NEW YORK: the cyborg's young son trips Daddy's circuit breaker.
QUATERMASS 3 (5 MILLION YEARS TO EARTH): grounding the entity with a construction crane.
Any let's not forget the many innovative weapons devised by Admiral Nelson on VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA to kill the creature of the week. (Do you suppose they served the Lobster Man with melted butter?)

How about a ridiculous "A" movie solution? It has to be Independence Day. Even though I really enjoyed the film, the thought of hooking up an Mac Computer, or ANY human made computer to an alien ship and it's technology, and have the computers be able to talk to one another and download a virus is nuts. Apparently, these aliens have the capability of interstellar travel in 14 mile wide spaceships, but haven't developed technology as sophisticated at Norton Anti-Virus.