The Soapbox : The key difference(s) between this place and IMDb

The key difference(s) between this place and IMDb

The average intelligence level is extremely low. IMDb had geniuses everywhere you turned - it was challenging and stimulating. There were idiots too, yes, but it was balanced out by the large number of highly intelligent people. It seems only the idiots/average people and a small handful of geniuses made it here.

Additionally, IMDb was largely about trolling. Some trolls would befriend other trolls and these trolls would hang out irl or make sweet troll love or get married. Their bond was formed in the blood of their vanquished victims and it was beautiful. This place seems to center around forming tenuous personal relationships and build up to on-camera fapping.

Furthermore, I genuinely believed people on IMDb had a life and the trolling or playing on the forum was a needed release, or they didn't necessarily have people that "got" them in the real world. But they still existed in the real world and worked, fucked, reproduced. I don't believe any of you have a life. In fact, most of you appear to be proud lifelong losers, the rest being losers in denial. I feel myself less motivated to accomplish anything when I'm here too much. It literally zaps all the successful drive out of me.

Maybe the Soapbox was always this way, and the problem is that Soapboxers are the primary users? I'm not sure what I expect here. The "admin" is a faggot who constantly uses his sexuality as a threat against actually good posters.

Re: The key difference(s) between this place and IMDb

forming tenuous personal relationships and build up to on-camera fapping.

I'm stealing this line and using it in my next Zoom meeting at work.

Groovy

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

Your buddy Mechanic is easily the dumbest person here.

Suck a dick you worthless faggot.

Harold,the singing angel harks.

So you're saying……

So you're saying you don't like us…..?

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

Maybe the Soapbox was always this way, and the problem is that Soapboxers are the primary users?

Hey dude…get your own signature Dane you piece of shit.

Why the fuck are you here if your not happy with the place?

This site is absolutely nothing like IMDb. As I always explain to Orson, IMDb was a freak show, filmed in front of a live, studio audience.

We visited it as artists; we scripted the show; conducted the score; and took on some of the acting roles. However, unlike many of the people there, we never lost sight of the fact that we were playing to the crowd.

Filmboards is all freaks and no crowd.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)
Murdered by a Teutonic catfish

Filmboards is all freaks and no crowd.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Post deleted

Why are you offended? What makes you think she's talking about you?

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

I'm not in the mood to deal with one of your meltdowns. Yes, I like you, but it's mostly because you're adorably dumb.

He’s a teddy bear 🧸 🥰

Yeah apparently everyone here is stupid but you and certain TWD bum buddies

Cheer up Kirk, I like you

Also, stop implying I met and/or fucked Shredder. I didn't do either. We stopped talking EIGHT years ago after being friends for a few months. Give it a rest.

yeah I know that I'm nothing but a dumb fuck.

Would you like me to lie and tell you you're highly intelligent?

I'll tell you what, I've been a real estate agent for 4 years ,have had my level 3 industrial first aid ,plus transport certificate for 15 years (basically paramedic).Did 3 years of study to be a certified General accountant,till I decided that "economic theory" is boring shit and did 4000 hours of apprenticeship and 24 weeks of schooling to get my journeyman millwright ticket.Just because I don't do long exposition or wax poetic about a wet fart someone blew 8 years ago on TWD,doesn't make me stupid.

This is why I like you!

Who cares if I think you're dumb then? You have secular proof you're not. I wasn't thinking about you when I wrote the OP either. You're one of the few people here that I like. You're not a loser, you're just ruled by emotion. Which is refreshing in a way because you can't hide anything.

Lol I like you too,im sorry for being upset earlier,yeah I mean being ruled by emotion can make a person dumb, I need to be more logical.

Lol,but I still care if you think im dumb, but you did say adorably dumb.😂👍

Awwwe

💦💦💦💋

I’m not saying I’m smart or anything lol, I’m just saying I do more then sit in my parent’s basement all day 😂

Incredible. I guess it is true that being educated doesn’t always mean someone is intelligent. Wow!

I live. I die. I live again.

She wasn’t talking about you it’s okay ❤️

She was obviously talking about everyone

Trolllllll 😹

I would actually reverse it though by saying original IMDb was the place where a bunch of uggos and outcasts of society felt they could finally fit in and be accepted where they could share their useless intelligence with other uggos that no one else with an actual social life cares about, to this place with super hot as fuck Abercrombie model looking people. Because obviously looks is all that matters

A fantastic display by one of the village idiots. Thank you for demonstrating.

But I’m cute so it’s okay 🙃

The "admin" is a faggot who constantly uses his sexuality as a threat against actually good posters.

Gameboy?

Alba gu bràth

That part confused me too 😂
Nimda is a sweetheart

i miss imdb message boards, the vastness of that place that had all these numerous microcosms of many different board communities with each having its share of weird and eccentric and flamboyant characters dedicated to the art of trolling and/or entangled in some truly hilarious and hysterical online drama that was going on. that was my favourite part of that place really, besides our board friends that we made along the way. now being here really is just me trying to hold onto that magic spirit of the old boards which is fading with each day and that will never come back. 😔

suck it.

Well said. I'm here for nostalgia purposes. It looks like IMDb and has some familiar faces but the similarities end there…

It's like going back to your favorite childhood restaurant and finding they've changed the whole menu 😞

i remember i had a look at Filmboards and posted here first once in late 2017 and once in 2018 (i think) each time for a day or 2 after Thirsty talked me into checking it out, but the boards were so troll-ish (way worse than it is now) and cluttered with spam posts from the same few sock accounts. i recognised no familiar face (other than hungry lmao). i really didn't like it here back then and was put off by the stupidity of this place immediately. i didn't feel like coming back here again and would soon forget about it entirely.

fast forward to last year when another friend told me that the quality of Filmboards posts have improved overall significantly since 2017/2018 and that it feels much more like posting on imdb again and that i should check it out. and so i did and immediately met so many of u again, my old TWD board friends whom i have lost sight of ever since Crystal's board ended. seeing u posting on Filmboards' TWD board as if it was 2016 again, reliving the old imdb days, and reuniting with all of u TWD and GoT board friends i've known for years really was the decisive moment for me to stay and stick around this time.

lol and now i have someone like He Cant incessantly tugging at my sleeve, trying to get my undivided attention. it's disgraceful, really. this place is nothing like imdb ever was anymore, it's almost like a bad joke!

suck it.

That, but also here you get to be Sophie, your pretty, playful, Germanic alter ego. Everywhere else in the world you go, such as the store, or the medical center, you're an obese Oregonian with bad breath.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

On IMDB I used to talk to people actually making shows and movies. Also, there were many film fans.

Most of the people on this site seem like they have to be legit low IQ retards. There's people who don't even know about simple ideas, can't talk about subjects THEY POST, and it's so odd.

Who posts in a discussion forum when they don't know how to talk or think?

What drew them here?

You could ask any movie question on IMDb and get dozens of replies. The problem with this place is after you put the ignorant on ignore there's no activity.

I miss the significantly larger size of the ecosystem of IMDb. You would have people either post or PM you out of the blue, saying for example 'look I just lurk, but you were right on/dead wrong in that thread last week'… what?!? All that was more fun.

Bentley would do that stuff to me all the time 💜

He would critique you out of the blue and way after the fact?

Not way after the fact but after I post something he likes he would pm me about how intelligent it was but never as a reply on the board

Well that makes perfect sense, since bentley has no morals whatsoever!

Keep on smiling!

Complimenting me makes him have no morals? 😂