The Soapbox : The anti vax convoy in Canada

The anti vax convoy in Canada

“Stop the Tranny!”

Re: The anti vax convoy in Canada

are they saying Trudeau is a tranny?

That was my initial thought, but Trudeau is more prone for blackface after all.

What he means is to, "Stop the trains! Use trucks only!"

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall

waiting for Dan Ackroyd to show up and correct him

That is a fun movie.
What makes it also fun is that both Dan and John are Canucks!

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall

I didn't know the pharmaceutical companies hadn't even released the "raw data" from the trials. Pfizer won't release it until 2025!

Pfizer’s pivotal covid vaccine trial was funded by the company and designed, run, analysed, and authored by Pfizer employees. The company and the contract research organisations that carried out the trial hold all the data. And Pfizer has indicated that it will not begin entertaining requests for trial data until May 2025, 24 months after the primary study completion date, which is listed on ClinicalTrials.gov as 15 May 2023 (NCT04368728).

The lack of access to data is consistent across vaccine manufacturers. Moderna says data “may be available … with publication of the final study results in 2022.” Datasets will be available “upon request and subject to review once the trial is complete,” which has an estimated primary completion date of 27 October 2022 (NCT04470427).

As of 31 December 2021, AstraZeneca may be ready to entertain requests for data from several of its large phase III trials. But actually obtaining data could be slow going. As its website explains, “timelines vary per request and can take up to a year upon full submission of the request.”

Underlying data for covid-19 therapeutics are similarly hard to find. Published reports of Regeneron’s phase III trial of its monoclonal antibody therapy REGEN-COV flatly state that participant level data will not be made available to others. Should the drug be approved (and not just emergency authorised), sharing “will be considered.” For remdesivir, the US National Institutes of Health, which funded the trial, created a new portal to share data (https://accessclinicaldata.niaid.nih.gov/), but the dataset on offer is limited. An accompanying document explains: “The longitudinal data set only contains a small subset of the protocol and statistical analysis plan objectives.”

We are left with publications but no access to the underlying data on reasonable request. This is worrying for trial participants, researchers, clinicians, journal editors, policy makers, and the public. The journals that have published these primary studies may argue that they faced an awkward dilemma, caught between making the summary findings available quickly and upholding the best ethical values that support timely access to underlying data. In our view, there is no dilemma; the anonymised individual participant data from clinical trials must be made available for independent scrutiny.

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o102

I came across this interesting debate (it went on longer than the screenshot shows):

Link: https://twitter.com/allisonpearson/status/1488097557020561410

I meant to show both sides of the debate above, but that screenshot mostly shows the pro side. I'll copy and paste some other replies from the conversation, to show both sides:

mollymoodles
@mollymoodles2
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
We can’t say the vaccines stop serious disease as there is unfortunately no control group. For those of us who work in pharma it’s quite staggering that worldwide regulatory bodies have allowed this situation to happen. We cannot say at all what the vaccines do and don’t do.

June Cook Cherry blossom
@Juniper_buried
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
And given the growing evidence of hospitalisations & deaths amongst the jabbed, I'm not even sure the narrative about protecting against serious illness is true anymore!
They lied from the outset saying it would stop infection, it would stop transmission, it would reduce symptoms

Freddy Benson
@FreddyB66019161
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
It's more than that. The vaccines have outgrown their usefulness and are now doing more harm than good. It's very clear now that we should have stopped after we'd jabbed the elderly/at risk.

QuickFang
@QuickFang_
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
Is there any evidence that the vaccines protect against serious illness?
Because all I've seen so far is advertising.
Which isn't the same thing.

ManishP
@ManishP_1978
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
The claim about protecting against serious illness is becoming more doubtful. Rising cases/lower deaths can easily be explained with increased testing/milder strains. Also jabbed getting infected at higher rates suggests that they may be at higher risk than unjabbed.

DIP
@DipDianne
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
Not at all. If I’m vaccinated why should I worry about somebody who isn’t…..unless the vaccines don’t work of course!!

#HelloMyNameIsRicRam
@richramsaran
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
and
@DrAseemMalhotra
Oh yes there is!!! HCP should be leading by example! I don’t want to be looked after by a HCP that doesn’t think getting vaccinated is the right thing to do! Shows me what type of HCP they are! Poor!

Mike Mason
@MikeMason_CO2
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
and
@BenGoldsmith
I wouldn’t trust the judgement of any medic who declined a vaccine. If they don’t accept the best medicine there is, plus want to put additional burden on the NHS, they clearly are missing something important. Plus I resent them adding to my tax bill for no good reason.

Lin
@Lin70490427
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
Exactly! Where vaxxed or not, I would want to be treated by intelligent, principled staff who:
* does their own research * understand infection-induced immunity * acknowledge my right to free and INFORMED consent.

Steve Fowles Purple heart
@Stevef175
Jan 31
Replying to
@AllisonPearson
Picture the scene: Arrived at A&E after a horrific accident, arm hanging off, blood everywhere, feeling faint, losing more & more blood. Excuse me, have you had your jab? So you’ve not been jabbed. I’m good I’ll wait for someone else! (Dies quietly in the corner)

… is not anti-vax.

Being against mandatory vaccination of an experimental medicine is not anti-vax. I've had dozens of vaccinations in my lifetime, but I am against the COVID one being mandated.

I know you people know this, which tells me you know you're being disingenuous. I wonder why you'd feel the need to lie? Perhaps you know your argument doesn't support itself.

When I know I'm wrong, I change my mind. It's really very simple. Not sure why other people find it so difficult.

Check my block list because you're probably on it.

don't give a **** about their protest whose the tranny?

Sorry, I thought yours was the typo, I didn't see the image!

Check my block list because you're probably on it.

More power to them!!

And now that Leftard pussy Trudeau is threatening to use the army on them. He is SUCH a dipshit!

]

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

So you are supportive of people who harass health workers, assault people who work in stores wearing masks, block emergency vehicles, harass the staff at homeless shelters, deface nursing homes and public monuments, and deprive many of the working people employed in the city core of their livelihood.

Good to know where people stand.

If you can't see that it's mockery then you dumb as stone. 💥

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd