The Vast of Night : Surprisingly bad

Surprisingly bad

The story is intriguing.
I expected much more in delivery. Story was promising.
But characters – people in 1950s were not so jumpy. They were not screaming Banshee Karen. It is distracting. Times back then were much more… relaxed and dumber - people did not have wide vocabulary or expressions as we do have now in modern times with internet and all TV channels and so many books available.

The words they use - it is too much modern. They talk as little chirpy birds, as if they sniffed some drug. Jumpy, too fast, nervous, it made film unwatchable.

The same mistake as in the movie Operation Avalanche (2016).

Re: Surprisingly bad

You don't have a clue, do you?

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.

I am not topic here.

Perhaps not, but you're still clueless.

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.

Meh!

I disagree. I thought it was very good.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

Can/could you kindly elaborate the "good", what it means to you?

It was a good movie imho. If you can't grasp that concept, I can't help you.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

You totally miss the point of the forum.
This is not about you're right, I'm wrong.
It is a place to share your thoughts, your speech, your expression. Without judgement or shaming.

IF you cannot express yourself - you might consider some professional help or to take an IQ test. What is the point of offending people and being antagonistic with them over internet or in real life?
Do you believe you catch some invisible points of being right?

Relax, it's just a silly chat board. If you're going to be that big of a pussy, I can't help you.

Yeah, I agree with you.

I expected bad so I was pleasantly surprised.

It seems that I am the only one who disliked it.
Like with the Godfather (1972).

I am glad I am not part of herd mentality groupthink sheep conformist.

What are you?

I am not topic here.

He appears to be a self-absorbed idiot with a sub-par command of English, from what I can see.