Politics : Stockholm Set to Achieve Herd Immunity by May.

Stockholm Set to Achieve Herd Immunity by May.

Sweden avoided the lockdown measures undertaken by other countries, resulting in a "fatality rate of 156.5 per million," which "is dramatically higher than locked-down Australia and New Zealand at 2.8 and 2.7." However, this avoidance has also resulted in its capital being expected to achieve herd immunity by early May.

In your opinion, does this end justify the means? Is the drastically-increased number of deceased elderly (in comparison to other countries) worth the outcome?

Should the rest of the world follow suit, or should we continue to prioritize the safety of our elders?

(Source: https://www.afr.com/policy/health-and-education/the-high-cost-of-sweden-s-herd-immunity-strategy-20200422-p54mbd).

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Re: Stockholm Set to Achieve Herd Immunity by May.

156 million dead? No, the end does not justify the means, in this case. A person’s life doesn’t lose value once they are over a certain age.

No, no. 156 dead PER million. Sweden only has a population of a little over ten million.

I guess I should have read the article
I’ll delete my account now.

Don't do that. Here fix yourself a little drink.

"That's a dumb question, Miss Glenn’s Organ."

You'd better not! You're invaluable.

You legend.

4 Fucks!

3 Fucks, 2 Fucks, 1 Fuck, 0 Fucks! ha ah ah ah

4 Fucks!

Sake?

There may not be immunity with this virus, so herd immunity is not guaranteed no matter how many people are infected. The main point of the lockdown was to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed with too many patients at once, since that would cause more people to die. More people would have died if not for the lockdowns, especially in countries with large populations.

It breaks my heart what the idiots running the United States did. They willfully destroyed the greatest economy in the history of the world for NO reason.

Several countries did the same thing. If nothing was shut down, the hospitals would have run out of room and equipment, and more medical staff would have died. Doctors would have to choose who lives and who dies. If not for the lockdown, the number of deaths would be a lot higher and people would say we should have had a lockdown.

The science says that you don't know what you are talking about. The mortality rate is 0.000001 %.

This was a mistake . And so was your birth. 🙊

They were never great. america sucks!

I crushed the pathetic loser troll Cuck_Venom and rebuilt him as my toilet

156 per million is lower than the US' rate…

I don't think it's fair to compare Sweden and Australia/NZ. They're in different hemispheres, completely different landscape, are literal islands, different population density, probably way fewer unhealthy immigrants from third world countries, etc.