Politics : Secession - is it the only way to heal the country?

Secession - is it the only way to heal the country?

America is so divided right now, can it ever heal? Would it be better if the Repub states seceded and formed a new republic?

Re: Secession - is it the only way to heal the country?

Well considering the vast majority of big cities and urban areas in red states are blue - I don't see that working.

They'd be major brain drain as a lot of people flee Trumpistan and they'd likely be economic boycotts from the USA over the social polices on abortion, LGBT etc in the new country. Urban America has a Western European mindset and rural America an Eastern European mindset and I think that's how it would pan out economically too*.

It wouldn't be a success- dialing down cynically self serving extreme and divisive rhetoric is how you heal the country but since that wins elections and raises $ in the short term I don't see that happening… America will chug along divided as is it until some sort of political realignment (perhaps driven by shifting demographics). Political violence and domestic terrorism is sadly likely to increase but economic comfort is still too high for the majority for any sort of civil war situation to be remotely plausible.

*I don't say any of this to demean rural red state Americans- simply stating the facts as I see them. I think liberal classism is vile.

Biden will heal the nation. He already took a major step by resoundingly defeating Trump, the main cause of the division in this country.

Suuuurrreee. Big Brother is going to heal the nation after it made the nation sick.

You are shockingly out of touch.

Trump going away will heal the nation.

The right doesn't want secession. The top brass of the GOP knows dem counties make up 70% of the US economy. To split em up would send repubs back to the dark ages.

The blue country would be arguing over what to do first, medicare for all or higher minimum wage.

The red country would be arguing over the shape of the earth.

Signature (140 character maximum):

Thinking Trump was the cause of America's current problems rather than a particularly nasty symptom is very naive imo, sorry guys.

It's remarkable how many people don't realize he's a product of the division.

Impossible without destroying both factions.

In the Civil War, each side was a solid block of states.

Today, the opposing states are scattered from coast to coast like individual islands.

Secession is national suicide.

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away

Lol

The cleanest way to do it would be to have all the trailer parks secede, but that seems scarcely practical in the long run.

MMC2: "Drill here! Drill now, Biden!"

Why is it ok to mock poor white people? Is it because of their privilege?

Sure! But it's even more fun mocking the ideologues who take advantage of them.

MMC2: "Drill here! Drill now, Biden!"

…by going against the globalists and bringing blue collar jobs back to America?

What exactly are the Dems doing for them?

Both parties adhere to neo-liberalism and are doing nothing to help them- despite Trump's populist rhetoric.

He had started to. It takes more than four years to bring manufacturing back.

While the left mock poor white people, all their virtue signalling is exposed as exactly that. The Dems will never help one single person out of poverty. They're too useful while they're in their needy state.

🌐 Secession - is it the only way to heal the country?

I believe civil war without secession is much more likely. Local law enforcement where I live won't go along with the Demonrat agenda. There is virtually no enforcement of mask requirements, even in the U.S. Post Office. The Sheriff won't be disarming citizens if he can help it. That's what's behind the defund movement. They just want a national or even international police force to head off a rebellion.

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes."

[center] [hr] [poll multiple] [s] [sic] [sub]2[/sub] [sup]th[/sup] [u] [r] [by][l] 

🌐 Secession - is it the only way to heal the country?

I can't see any logic for the defund movement.

Maybe devolve more power to the states before trying secession.

If it became a red state, blue state divide, how would the red states survive? They are welfare states that rely on the funding of the blue states.

How naive.

Everyone in a blue state votes blue, do they?