The Soapbox : Sales Too Hard?

Sales Too Hard?

Everyone who cares about me said I can't succeed. So, I guess I will be stuck in this system, talk to the case manager about living somewhere else in Ohio.

I'm applying to cook at a restaurant, several are Asian.

I still am trying to do violin and German.

At least I will be partially supporting myself now.

I'm also applying to acting agencies in Ohio and hope to get a role and make money that supports me.

Floridian/French-New-Orleanian • Dutch-Chinese-Indonesian/Irish/German/French/Dutch • Blog

Re: Sales Too Hard?

Um, no. Nobody said it was too hard they said it was a SCAM and that there was no sales job, easy or hard. Do you have a culinary degree?

She has no degrees, but she was the Valedictorian in second grade

½ Spoon + ½ Fork + ½ Knife

Floridian/French-New-Orleanian • Dutch-Chinese-Indonesian/Irish/German/French/Dutch • Blog

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I asked now and waited an hour to call the lady in charge of the group home, but then I was told she'd call me, later. The people discussing benefits said I may get more benefits. My aunt isn't going to try to get benefits for me from my dad, for some reason. I didn't cancel the sales job yet, may wait and see what comes up, maybe in the next day or so. I'm just gonna take care of myself and use what money I have to go to a cheap gym, cheap because it doesn't have group classes. When I look better, I will apply to an acting agency here and see if it makes enough money. The gym will help me look better and I can then apply to be an actor. Meanwhile, I still practice violin and learn German, though I haven't in awhile, may start tonight again. I don't believe I have enough money. I think the government assumes family is there, to help, but my parents both died over 4 sad years.

Post deleted

Yea, hopefully suggestions on how to move out and get more benefits.

I'm really hoping for a big acting job that pays a lot of money. I can move into my own place and keep practicing violin and learning German.

Planet Fitness, here I come! tomorrow.

Actually the sales field is VERY difficult! And the one you talked about is a SCAM! Never apply for a job when they say you have to PAY MONEY! They are ALL SCAMS!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱 Let's go, Brandon!

I will probably withdraw after taking a look at the beginning of the course.

I think you should withdraw now. It's a SCAM.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱 Let's go, Brandon!

Christina, literally 20+ people told you not to take the sales job. You took it anyway.

I realize now that it doesn't matter what anyone tells you because you will just do what you want.

With that being said: You are only qualified for a minimum wage job. These are the jobs you should be looking for. I also suggested that you start giving piano lessons/tutoring and you acted like you are too good for it. Well it makes more than you are making now which is zero.

Good luck.

She has changed her mind and decided not to take it, because the course/exam may be too time intensive and difficult to pass.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

AFTER she accepted it and THEN realized it was too hard.

NOT because of anyone’s advice.

She will be homeless if she can’t pay her lodging. These are dire circumstances that she should be addressing not talking about jobs she isn’t qualified for or can’t sustain.

Yes, after someone (Crystal) posted a link and pointed out to her how difficult passing the exam would be. Until that point, she had no idea and thought it would be a breeze. Sometimes a huge dose of reality is the best medicine.

She will be homeless if she can’t pay her lodging. These are dire circumstances that she should be addressing not talking about jobs she isn’t qualified for or can’t sustain.

Hopefully, she'll get approved for Ohio Medicaid and assigned a case manager before that happens.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Is that what got her to change her mind?

Luckily, she was only just starting the free course, so it sounds like she didn't give them any money. I's possible she would've changed her mind anyway once she started reading the lessons; but I thought I should paste the info I found, because I didn't know if she realized how much studying and testing would be involved.

I think it was your post, plus her aunt's insistence that Christina pay back all of the money owed her if she decides to buy into this scam. She had her mind set on going through with it before then.

Oh, I must've missed the post about her aunt. If my post really helped, I wish I knew what to say that would convince her to get tested for Cushing's.

Post deleted

I think the key is persistence.

People often give Christina advice or warnings, then get frustrated and give up when she doesn't immediately act upon it. If you stay on her, it will eventually click in her head that maybe this wasn't such a good idea, and she'll drop it before going on to something else.

Sometimes it takes giving her a dose of realism, like when you posted the link to that exam. When she sees all of the work and effort involved in making her fantasy into a reality, it loses its appeal.

As for the Cushing's…

She's waiting to get approved for Ohio Medicaid, so she can find a doctor.

👍

Thiiiis

Post deleted

Bring. More. Sheep.

Christina, just curious but what made you decide not to go through with it?

Was there a particular person that helped persuade you?

I forget. I just think it's too hard on me and not something I want to do ultimately. I want to do something else.

So you decided yourself. Without anyone's opinion swaying you. Good job Christina.

Use logic. Think things through.

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

So, neither your aunt nor the link that Crystal posted had anything to do with you changing your mind?

I just responded to your message on FB too. That is great news. Keep me posted!!

Well, I realized it was too hard, maybe my aunt convinced me. I still have to officially withdraw after taking a look at the course. I don't really want to work a store job or something, too, though.

Make sure that you completely withdraw and for goodness sakes, listen to your aunt, and don't send them any money.

I'll msg you later today when I get home.

Okay.