The Walking Dead : Political trolling

Political trolling

Many thanks to Putin for first placing the topic on the table, and to Gameboy and Stammerhead for pushing it along.

I think political trolling on message boards is quite rare, though presumably what Conmander Jim and Soul Venom get up to is a kind of political trolling. Also Yermom. But it's fairly low-level stuff and they'e not seen as major trolls outside of the politics board. On GD, Jared is definitely a political troll, and one of the best around. MMC2 is a very low-level political troll, and Croft's relative incoherence and rage make him a good match for MMC2.

I am not a political troll pur sang, but I definitely become much more passionate about issues such as race and, to a lesser degree, gender and class.

Historically, the great age of political trolling (conducted via newspapers, pamphlets and cartoons) was the eighteenth century. Dryden was a great political troll, and his successors, Pope and Swift, helped to inaugurate the greatest age of political trolling ever. Addison was a liberal troll, and Marx himself, a century later, was the greatest left-wing troll.

So our modern message-board trolls are, on the whole, weak imitators of truly great predecessors.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Political trolling

Thank you. Keep up the good work.

Why are you so passionate about race when it has nothing at all to do with your privledge.

Why should you only be passionate about what benefits you? We're human beings, not animals, and we're capable of sympathy and justice because of our intellects.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

You never cared before and you've known me for a very long time. I have never ever once seen you write or do anything passionate about racial injustice even when you saw me go through it on that board. Also, what happened to George Floyd is not a new thing so that's why we all can see through your BS. We know you're only writing this stuff because you have ran out of other topics to keep this board active.

Oh btw, kick your dog Chickaboom for me.

The last time I checked there were other black people in the world. Also, your political stances were terrible, even back in the day.

Well you weren't friends with any of those black people and you certainly did not discuss any of the injustices those black people experienced either now or then.

You think nimda can hide that you were writing awful things about the US so suddenly especially after never have mentioned racial inequality. Don't act like it's just me you don't like when you really liked me before though. You said I was your black princess and your black bird. You proposed to me. How conveniently you've forgotten dbentley666, the troll king.

And now everything you say is ra ra Chickaboom abusing her own race because I didn't submit to your polygamy.

You had a good spell of being relatively normal recently, but you're regressing back to the random mentally deformed beast we used to see on TWD

Hep: "I'll post a topless picture if you do the same ;)"

You only say I'm crazy when I start telling the truth about certain things. Filmboards is nothing like imdb. Nobody in the industry cared about filmboards until I got here. Even you have benefitted from our friendship. Everything you have gained from knowing me will be lost when I'm gone. Knowing Chickaboom isn't going save you. I feel like you guys are sabotaging me. Well guess what? You shot yourself in the foot. Big Time. It's not that I am bad luck. It's Chickaboom that is the albatross around our necks.

If you had only let me heal. We would have made a great time. But you're a backstabber. Nobody likes a backstabber.

It's probably true that you put filmboards on the industry map. Leo DiCaprio was just saying to me the other day that he always checks filmboards after he's made a movie. He posts here as Lara, btw.

Who wrote the character Lara? I really haven't checked to see if Leo is a writer as well as an actor.

You certainly have an interesting take on things. I hope you're not jealous of my relationship with Chicka? I actually met her on the boards about four days ago. We know virtually nothing about each other.

No I'm not jealous at all. It's not an interesting take on anything. It's the truth but you're lying like usual. Like I'm really supposed to believe you like Chickaboom. You're just a liar all the time Bentley. Your lies aren't even harmless lies. Your lies are damaging to people's lives.

I think the word 'privilege' should be removed from the Oxford dictionary and anyone who continues to use it should be murdered by the gestapo with a reincarnated Adolf Hitler leading them.

Your voodoo is expiring and I will win anyway. You and me are done with this your game is over. I won. Next time, leave magic alone. That goes for everyone.

Yeah but you're a crazy mad bitch, so I think I win .

I'm not sure what mental condition you have, but 30% of the time you're an intelligent, decent poster. Then the other 70% happens.

You're fooken nuts, darling.

Goodbye Orson. You are a mean spiteful person. I just don't have time for your stupid games with Chickaboom. Remember how you were so against her as well. You're racist and you've admitted it. I didn't wanna believe you were really racist. I guess I was wrong.

I destroyed Chickaboom for you cos that's the kind of nice guy I am .

But you're a proper mad cunt and you are BLOCKED!!!!

Just go away, Orson.

I'm placing you on ignore until further notice.

You forget Donald Trump. He literally trolled his way into the most powerful position in the world, and when he got there he used his newfound powers to troll even harder. Without question he is the greatest political troll of all time.

^ ^ ^
Great point. Our first troll President. I'll never vote for him but he makes me proud.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Unfortunately he spoils it all with his sulks and tantrums. Unless they're also part of his trolling.

Good point. Is he really a troll, though? He looks like one, but suppose he's absolutely serious about what he says, and we read him as a troll because we can't believe any human being could be so stupid?

He is clearly a troll. He was literally a Twitter troll who became president. He still spends more time trolling on Twitter than actually being president.

He's also worth 2.1 billion so I guess he spends a bit of time amassing his fortune.

That is the face he makes when he gets another multi-million dollar loan with no intent to ever pay it back. Maximum troll.

He's a billionaire so I'm sure he's got it covered.

Lol

Lies. That's the face I made when my dad gave me 400 million dollars.

I was just thinking of this. Even Trump's financial abilities are much overrated. He inherited a shitload of money and is busy losing it.

Regardless of inflation Donald's wealth far, far exceeds that of his father.

Fred Trump died in 1999 with an estimated net wealth between $250 million and $300 million according to a New York Times article at the time of death. While the specific amount Trump inherited from his father has not been revealed, a Jan. 2016 article from the New York Times shows that Trump's will divided $20 million after taxes among his living children including Donald.9

Further, in 2003, it was reported that Donald and his siblings sold a portion of their father’s real estate holdings for around half a billion dollars. In addition to this inheritance, Trump’s father helped the mogul financially throughout his lifetime by giving him loans and access to trust funds and establishing a wealth of real estate and political connections for his son.

Trump was daddy's little boy. A con man who parlayed daddy's wealth into a limited success. Only other losers and wannabe con men would envy him.

You…you only gave Ivanka and me 20 million.

We struggled on that, for years, just to make ends meet.

MMC2: "Drill here! Drill now, Biden!"

If Donald Trump is a troll, then the entire US House and Senate including the media are trolls.

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

I've had this debate with Stamm for years. No one is saying anyone is gonna change the world on a message board, or in a comic strip, or even with a book. But you fight the good fight.

And yes, there have always been trolls, long before there was an internet.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Jared is doing an old school Stephen Colbert , satirical Shtick but actually plays the character with accuracy. Movie man is semi-legit but he turns it up to 11 to bait people into arguments.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

I think MMC2 is genuine. He believes the crap he posts.

He's an elderly autistic man who likes going to Thailand sampling the local delights.

And by the local delights I mean tranny dick.