The Soapbox : Pictures of Me and Others Through the Years

Pictures of Me and Others Through the Years

I added a bunch more.

https://cab1986us.wixsite.com/site1/kodak-moments

Chinese-Indonesian, Scandinavian, German, Dutch, French, English-Irish, Amish
5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Re: Pictures of Me and Others Through the Years

Your mother was very beautiful. You have some very good genes Christina!
I love old photos.

Thanks! Yea, I do.

Yea, I'm afraid I convinced her to cut her bangs when I was a kid.

It looks nice in Indonesia.

I'm happy to have real Irish genes.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Yes, you're mom was a beauty. I can see the resemblance. Your little brother is a cutie

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Thanks! She did ballet as a kid and said she was famous in the area, like performing at church, I think as solo. They start young there. Her mom wanted her to sing, but that's like the one thing she hates. She did gymnastics during high school and sacrificed her studies. She said she was like a blonde by Indonesia's standards. She was even #1 in the country in gymnastics. She quit because she broke her arm and was not allowed to continue.

I actually asked my mom how or if I looked like her, and it seems like she always said we were not alike at all. Thanks, though. Also, she said I was better at her in gymnastics, since I did it from age 1 3/4 - 8 but on on the team.

Thanks about my little brother. Yea, my brother is pretty spiffy. Since our parents died sick, we lived here awhile and are leaving now. He can beat me in tennis. We also did karate.

Oh, and my piano teacher in that one picture is Italian and from NYC and studied at Juilliard. I do have ancestry from my dad mostly all over Pennsylvania from his mom and Northeastern Pennsylvania in Scranton where Joe Biden is from from his dad. He has some ancestry in NY state and a bunch of relatives live there, on the West bordering Pennsylvania. So, when I had this piano teacher, we lived in the New Orleans area. She taught me as a teengaer until I left for college in New Orleans. Sometimes we visited and even went out.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Are you and your brother going to stay together?

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

No, he's moving with a friend nearby. I'm moving back to New Orleans, anyway the only group home I found I could afford with what I have. He came home from graduate school when my mom found she had cancer. I was already here, home from college, trying to do things on my own, like singing. I'm glad to be going back to college, though, in New Orleans, if I can get enough financial aid and other money eventually, benefits from my dad and from him being a veteran. Same thing, music.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

I wish you the best

Thank you!

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Neat. Nice looking family. Do you still have contact with the Indonesian side of your family?

Do you speak the language at all? That could come in handy I suppose if you did.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Thanks! No, I communicated through my mom and when she died from my dad.

My mom's mom visited one summer and I used some handy words, like "cute," "annoying," LOL!

I'm trying to buckle down to learn German. Actually, my mom's mom spoke Dutch, but my mom only speaks 2 Indonesian languages and English, majored in "ESL" or "English as a Second Language." Her mom can't speak much English, at all. Her mom's mom was a tailor and now is religious. She only studied up to 3rd grade. I am not sure, but I bet they are Indonesian form 600-700 years ago. Seems like a secret my mom kept. My mom did want to learn a form of Chinese, I think Mandarin, which I think is the official language of China. So, my mom had a stronger British accent in Indonesia, at least as a major in college, but kept wanting to take "accent reduction." I wouldn't want a plain accent.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Oh right. I forgot about the Dutch, and The Dutch East India Company.

I think I told you once before about my Irish friend, and his marriage to a Dutch/Indonesian girl.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Cool! Indonesians are very cool!

We didn't seem to learn much European history in school.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

That's a beautiful picture of you in 2000. Wow!

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Why, thanks!

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Your mom was so unbelievably beautiful. Wow wow wow!

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Thanks! Yea, I wish she took better care of herself or my dad did in the US.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

I'm sure she took very good care of herself.

Cancer strikes even very healthy people, Christina. That has nothing to do with it.

Yea, she didn't eat a lot of food and seemed to barely eat any snacks. She wasn't big on adding American nutrition to her diet, like "cheese," "chocolate," lots of yogurt, macaroni and cheese, you name it.

I just meant she didn't look as healthy after she moved to the US and was more attractive in Indonesia, especially so compared to others probably who were young at the time.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Cool.

There's a black man wearing a red hat in the first photo. Who's he? Also in the photo of your family and your mom mom, your mom and dad don't look too thrilled. What's the story behind that?

I don't know.

My parents don't seem to want my younger brother and I to believe we are white like other Eurasians.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Oh lol! It's okay. Don't worry. I saw him and I thought he was a black man.

Your mom is so talented! Wow. I bet you get your talent for playing instruments from your mom.

You sound peculiar, no offense.

5'2"-5'4"
Blog

Her whole family looks crazy.

Not really. They look regular to me. Except her mom. Her mom is extremely alluring. Her mom looks like she could have been famous.

Your mother was/is gorgeous

Very nice pictures.

Thanks!

5'2"-5'4"
Blog