Where's Poppa? : Penny Marshall and Sesame Street!

Penny Marshall and Sesame Street!

Wonderfully weird black comedy. Upon second viewing, I noticed two really cool things. I swear I saw Penny Marshall in the first courtroom scene, behind Rob Reiner and his lawyer. And if you listen really close to the TV when Gordon is serving his mother breakfast, you can hear what I believe is Big Bird telling the children "Everybody, now wash your face!" 35 years later, and I remember that song like it was yesterday...and I was 4 years old then!

Re: Penny Marshall and Sesame Street!

A blurb on the dvd box says that, yes, that IS Penny Marshall in a non-speaking part.

LOUD & PROUD HAL LOVER
LIVING IN THE PAST
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6spdi/index.html

Penny Marshall and Rob Reiner were married at the time; not surprised that she was recruited as an extra.

And that is a way for one to get his/her foot in the door.

If you listen to the breakfast scene again, you will hear Bert and Ernie from the first Sesame Street record. It's not Big Bird. I had this record growing up along with all y'all. It's funny that they could just play a record and have her act like she's WATCHING them on her port-a-T.V.

How creative that is.

The first time I saw this movie, back in the 80's, I literally fell off the couch laughing during the scene with Barnard Hughes as Colonel Hendricks and Rob Reiner as the hippie. Overall, a great comedy that I must see again, so I will get this dvd.