The Thing : Only movie with no women?

Only movie with no women?

Is this the only popular film in history that doesn't have any female characters? Mostly all films at least have female extras or, as in Sleuth (a movie with only two men in the entire cast),at least even a photograph of a female.

Does anyone know any other film without women?

That Championship Season (1982) - Most underrated movie of all time.

Re: Only movie with no women?

I would guess the film versions of 'Lord of the Flies', but I haven't watched any of them in years and can't remember if they show society in the beginning or not.

"Lawnmower Man's in your head now..."

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

And the female contestant on the game show Palmer watches.

Go, Miami Redhawks!!!

Post deleted

"And the female contestant on the game show Palmer watches."

——————————-

LOL, True!

Stalag 17?

The Hunt for Red October

Wrong. Gates McFadden, Louise Borras, and Denise James were in The Hunt for Red October.

12 Angry Men

Glenn Gary, Glennross.

Seize the moment, 'cause tomorrow you might be dead.

Wrong. Lori Tan Chinn was in Glenn Gary, Glenross.

We get it, mark. Women exist.

Glad you agree, though it seems that they are invisible to many.

Wrong. Lori Tan Chinn was in Glenn Gary, Glenross.

...and her role in GGGR was even less significant than Adrienne Barbeau's in The Thing, so that for all practical intents and purposes GGGR has an all-male cast. If you had any sense, you'd recognize that by "all male cast," people mean that there are no significant female roles. Extras in walk-by scenes and two-second cameos don't count. But by all means, keep acting like a pedantic buffoon.

You really can't stand being proved wrong, can you? Guess you'll just have to resort to childish name calling.

Post deleted

The Flight of the Phoenix, the original 1965 version with Jimmy Stewart and Dickie Attenborough doesn't have any actress in any kind of role EXCEPT that of a 5 second long mirage..... It's the dirty daydream of Ronald Fraser's Sergeant Watson, dreaming of some belly-dancing bint in Cairo. Filthy beast. If only Peter Finch's Captain Harris had been able to have him placed under close arrest back in Tripoli.

Actually, if my memory is on form, you don't actually see the dancer's face - just her 'middle bits'....so we only have it on mammary evidence that the performer is, indeed, a woman.

"Someone has been tampering with Hank's memories."

Rambo first blood no women . The way film is going they'll probably remake the thing with an all girl cast . Ala ghostbusters .:/

Rambo talks to a woman in the beginning.

"Lawnmower Man's in your head now..."

Oh yes thats right. The mother of his solider friend. Long time between viewings. Tnx.

Amy Alexander was in First Blood.

2001 a space odeyssy

lawerence of arabia

platoon?? (not sure)

ice station zebra

glengarry glen ross

Post deleted

In Lawrence of Arabia there is several scenes with women. In one they're in a tent watching the group ride out. Later they're standing on a hilltop, their backs to the viewer, watching Lawrence and Company riding by.

In Ice Station Zebra, I think there were women in the bar when the captain, Rock Hudson, is going through for secret meeting upstairs. I don't remember that the women spoke.

Platoon had Clarisa Ortacio and Li Mai Thao in it.

2001 has several actresses in small roles during the space station sequence, including Margaret Tyzack and a young Vivian Kubrick.

Another candidate is Peter Jackson's Bad Taste.

Billy Budd

Hell in the Pacific (1968)

YOU SHOULDN'T BE EATING SAUSAGES!!

(OT)

sorry this is off topic...but how did you get your "Latest Message Board Posts" page so that other people can’t view it? in other words, i cannot view the list of all your other posts. i looked everywhere and couldn’t find how to do that...you are the only user i have ever seen who does this and i am very interested/curious

Yeah. I would have disliked working on this movie. No hot starlet acting beside me. Having to act out in the cold all the time...

No warmth. No women. No thanks! But I applaud the team that did, and thank them --- great movie! On the bright side, I'm sure they had females composing stage crew, props, makeup, special effects, etc. :)

sausage party

The 1973 TV movie A Cold Night's Death.

Woody Anders is the birthday man/ Hey Laddy Laddy La / He does it because it's his jam/ Hey Laddy Laddy Lo

Do a google search and type in Movies Without Female Characters and you will find the following list, some of which are already mentioned here.

Master and Commander
The Thing (1982)
The Great Escape
First Blood
My Dinner With Andre
12 Angry Men
No Escape
All is Lost
The Enemy Below
Lord of the Flies (1963 and 1999)
Sleuth
Glengarry Glen Ross
Outpost
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Billy Budd
Lawrence of Arabia

I can also add

The Lost Patrol (1934)
The Steel Helmut (1951)
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich (1970)

There are several shots of women and girls in church and lining the dock as the Pequod goes to sea in Moby Dick (1956), but I don't think any of them had dialogue and none of them figured prominently in the story.

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away

Google's list is not entirely correct. It depends on they mean by "Without Female Characters".

The Thing had the female voice on MacReady's chess computer.

First Blood. Rambo has a conversation with a comrade's mother (who died after returning from Vietnam from Agent Orange).

Hatcheck girl in Glengarry Glen Ross.

That is really reaching.

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall

Secret Honor with Phillip Baker Hall as Richard Nixon. It's literally a one man movie.

Woody Anders is the birthday man/ Hey Laddy Laddy La / He does it because it's his jam/ Hey Laddy Laddy Lo

Give 'em Hell, Harry!

Search IMDB. Still new and can't post links.

James Whitmore as President Harry Truman. He is the only person in the cast.

Hart's War (2002) with Colin Farrell and Bruce Willis.

We don't talk about Bruno! No, no, no!

One man shows by actors.

John Leguizamo
Ghetto Klown

Chuck Reilly
Life of Reilly

"Please vote to preserve the unique character of Warren…" - Robert Duvall

12 Angry Men
The Great Escape
John Carpenter's The Thing