The Soapbox : One of my friends died today.

One of my friends died today.

He was 29 and had a wife and one child. I was friends with him in high school. It was suicide. He had a good job and made a lot of money and his relationship with his wife was stable. No one knows why he did this.

I don’t like myself, you know. I love myself, of course. I'm devoted to myself till my dying day. But I don't like myself.

Re: One of my friends died today.

i blame the kid

Lol.

I don’t like myself, you know. I love myself, of course. I'm devoted to myself till my dying day. But I don't like myself.

Lmao facts

Lmao 🙄

Sorry to hear about your friend. That's awful.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

I found out a few hours ago, was totally shocked. Life can be so cold.

Child, I found out a few days ago that my favorite uncle was diagnosed with cancer. Hell yes, life can be cold af.

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope he makes it through. My grandmother made it through breast cancer in her late 80’s, so I have faith that people can beat the horrible condition even when it seems dire. My best intentions are directed towards him.

Do you know the stage.

Thank you, Patrick, and I'm glad to hear that your grandmother beat this insidious disease. My grandmother survived both ovarian and uterine cancer, but all of her siblings except one died from some form of the disease.

He has stage 1 prostrate cancer. They caught it early, but the radiation treatments are making him extremely ill.

She passed last year for unrelated reasons, but she lived a good long life. She had a fighting spirit.

If they caught it in stage 1 he has a better chance than most diagnosed with that form of cancer. I'll pray for him.

My condolences, Patrick. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Thank you for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

Sad. You just never know how much sadness a person is hiding inside their mind body and soul. My condolences.

Very true. Some people hide it so well and put on a brave happy face to the world. Thank you. I hope he is at peace now and there is no more pain.

I'm sorry, sweetheart. The deaths of loved ones are especially hard to grapple with when they're entirely unexpected.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

That sucks. I feel like a lot of people are closer to the edge than they lead on. That isn’t on you or anyone else. Life’s fucked up.

I'm cumming.

I looked up a good friend online the other day and saw his obituary. I was shocked because I hadn't seen him in two years. He was about 30 and an opiate addict. I'm guessing he OD'd. He was a trust fund baby and never had to work.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

Re: One of my friends died today

I’m very sad to hear that, GB. I think I remember you talking about this friend to me once before. Wasn’t he one of your friends you used to go clubbing with? RIP. 30 is too young, too young. So much more life left to be lived.

Re: One of my friends died today

No, I didn't go clubbing with him. He was a straight friend and a bit of a homophobe. But we were very close.

What's strange is I have no contact with his family. They're up north and they don't even know me. That's why I didn't know he died for two years.

He was very much a loner but we clicked immediately. I saw his opiate addiction progress but he was cavalier about it and stubborn, he wouldn't listen to me when I told him to slow down.

Did your friend ever talk about suicide?

Administrator
I GameBoy

This happened to me too, she wasn’t a friend anymore since we ended on bad terms but wanted to look her up to see how she was doing and saw her obituary. It just felt unreal and it was such a horrible way to die. She was only 23 and just started working as a nurse. She went to beach with her friends one night and when they drove back a girl on drugs was driving on the wrong side of the highway and crashed into them straight on. She was the only person in the crash that didn’t survive it. Life really doesn’t make sense. Like just imagine driving on the highway and someone who was supposed to be on the other side of the highway drive straight into you out of nowhere. People drive on highways every single day. It’s disturbing this happened because she was 100% innocent and yet she had to die because someone wanted to do drugs and drive on the wrong side of the road. It angers me actually

I know. Isn't it very abrupt and cold to only find out in an obituary?

Administrator
I GameBoy

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

My condolences brother

Thank you Mechanic, you have a warm heart deep down. also thank you my wonderful friends @Lilith @Vlad @Cerridwen for your heartfelt condolences. Life is cold and unforgiving but comrades make it possible to get through. Where would anyone be without friends.

Thank you for the compliment, God this really must have you banging your head against the wall ☹

I'm sorry to hear about this Patrick. No one ever knows the pain another suffers inside that drives someone to suicide.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I'm sorry to hear about this Patrick. No one ever knows the pain another suffers inside that drives someone to suicide.

Is there an echo in here? I said that exact same thing to him.
At least come up with your own words.

I’m so sorry it’s such a horrible way to die and not knowing why it happened. May he Rest In Peace ❤️

Thank you, lovely Monicah! ❤

I'm sorry to hear that, Patrick. I hope you're doing ok and that some answers are revealed and your can have a better sense of closure.

Proudly offering too-close encounters since 1977.

Thank you very much Chase. I am sad right now but considering the circumstances I'm fairing pretty decently. I also hope that I come to know why this happened, but I doubt that closure will come, because even his wife says she didn't know of anything wrong with him in the months before this, she's stunned right now. His parents DO seem very guarded right now, based on the vague statement his father made on Facebook about his passing. Maybe they know about something in his life that his wife wasn't aware of. Maybe he told them but not her.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well enough. I wish there was something profound to say to make this time easier on you.

Proudly offering too-close encounters since 1977.

How did he do it?

Alba gu bràth

Gun.

Sorry for your loss, neebur.

Alba gu bràth

Thank you, Hep.

Very sorry, Patrick, I know how hurtful that is

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Thank you, sweet Mulva.

that's awful, I'm sorry

Thank you, Bee.

I'm really sorry about that. I have a friend who's father commit suicide late last year. It was a real unpleasant shock.

Just because I'm not on THEIR side, doesn't mean I'm on YOURS.

I don't know who you are, Slugbait, but I appreciate your condolences.

Sorry to hear, Patrick.

Thank you, foxy Panther.

I won't say I'm sorry cuz the guy was a pussy for killing himself when he had a kid, but he must have meant something to you for you to post it here so I'm sorry for any pain you might be feeling.

Lmao 🙄

Thank you.

We actually didn’t get along very well in middle school, mainly because we both liked the same girl, but neither of us ever got her, lol, but we became friends in high school and I knew his family and brothers pretty well. He was an easygoing “class clown” type of guy that had a lot of friends. I wonder what darkness entered his life that he was compelled to do this terrible thing.