Laverne & Shirley : One character I didn't like at all

One character I didn't like at all

Carmine Ragusa. He was annoying and it was laughable hearing "the big ragoo". The show is on MEtv and I've watched a few episodes lately. Apparently Carmine is supposed to be a "hot" guy. No way!

Re: One character I didn't like at all

Really? I liked Carmine. He was a loyal friend to the girls and a very talented singer. He was also just an all around nice guy. I always hated that he and Shirley liked each other so much but never ended up together. I think he would have treated her like a queen.

I also didn't think of him as being particularly "hot", but he was a super nice guy and very devoted to Shirley whenever she showed an interest in him, which endeared him to me.

I think he was really cute.

I Love Vic Morrow

I like Carmine when he is not singing (and he sings a lot).

I never liked him either, for a start he always reminded me more of a 70's guy then a 50's/60's guy so he was out of place and well he just annoyed me.

Sometimes a movie or tv show plot is so stupid that only the stupid can understand it.

Actually by 1950s standards (and maybe
even some today) he would be considered handsome.

He had then 'classic old world/country and/or European looks'.

Besides that, he kind of looks and sings like Tony Bennett.
(Except Mr. Bennett never had the Italian curls like Carmine. )

Take it from this Italian dude (me), if Carmine were
a real person and had gone to Italy, the ladies would be all over him.

These about the closest comparison I can give you :

Tony Bennett pic. 1953 (Age 27 or so) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/While-Were-Young-Original-Recordings-1950-1955-Tony-Bennett-Audio-CD-/161982189291?hash=item25b6e40eeb:g:eHwAAOSwPc9WxmMA

Eddie Mekka circa 1976 to 1979 ages 25 to 28 : https://www.google.com/search?q=Eddie+Mekka+picture+1970s&hl=en&biw=731&bih=527&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL6uuPwsbLAhUJhYMKHZksARQQ7AkILg&dpr=1.75#imgrc=3rhmP7aDGAMXBM%3A

(On Eddie's , wait a moment for actual picture to appear.)

Go for it or just be a gopher!
(MR.) happipuppi13 🐕 *arf,man!*

Hallo buna. Eddie is look like those three triplets, and even one of them is call Eddie, hana

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

I like that Christmas episode. I like when the girls sing perspire instead of conspire in Winter Wonderland.

I never liked Laverne father he was to loud yelled at everyone

The Big Ragoo is only like 5'3 so maybe the name was to make him appear bigger on the show. I never thought Fonzie was attractive but he was a stud on both shows.

I like Carmine okay. He was a nice guy. Not as funny as the other characters, but he was pleasant enough. I never cared for his style of singing, though he certainly had a very good singing voice. And because the show was very much aware that young kids made up a big part of viewership, it never once veered into anything remotely raunchy. And so Carmine's obvious physical appeal was never really exploited. But he was very cute and he had a great body.

The only character I really don't like is Edna Babish. She is not funny in the slightest and can actually be kind of a bitch at times.

But I love Laverne, Shirley, Lenny and Squiggy and that is the most important thing.

"My life is over. I might as well dance with Johnny Slash!"

But I love Laverne, Shirley, Lenny and Squiggy and that is the most important thing.
Yes, they were all a great combo. I can take or leave Carmine. I did find him a bit annoying and its like he was trying too hard all the time.

Was Edna the landlady?

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

I agree that Carmine tried too hard at times. The only time I can recall him making me really laugh was when he and Shirley are having problems and he imitates/mocks Shirley's sometimes overly coy manner. That was hilarious. Carmine is more innocuous than anything.

Yes, Edna was the landlady. I actually really liked the landlady the show had during the 1st season. I forgot her name, but she fancied herself an amateur psychic and would have these ridiculous premonitions that she took very seriously.

"I can feel someone's getting ready to call me on my telephone! I have to go!"

She was funny, but she didn't last long.

I love the Rosie Greenbaum character. She and Laverne were openly hostile towards one another. But she was very funny.

"Hey, DeFazio! Wanna touch my mink stole?!?"

LOL

I barely recall the landladies or Rosie. If I watched the show again it would all come back to me. I just loved the warmth and connectedness of it all. The comic timing was spot on and unexpected to a tee. That is the best comedy, when one doesn't know what is around the corner and you get so invested in the moment and then the situation gets turned around on its head.

One episode that I recall as very amusing, is when Laverne is wrongly accused of shop lifting and has to go to the can. When she finally can finally be released, she decides she doesn't want to go straight away because she was too invested in her card game with the other inmates…..

One episode where Shirley has to dress up as a dude was very amusing too. I think it was due to some phone numbers that were written about L&S on a phone booth wall…..

Here is a clip with Big Rosie. It's from the episode where the girls meet Fabian. It captures Rosie's personality as well as any other. Good stuff!

"Even if you did have Fabian tickets, you wouldn't have anything decent to wear"…

I only noticed this recently, but Lenny is actually very good-looking. You just don't notice it because he's such a goofball, but he is quite handsome. He's got a great head of hair. And he's also a sweet guy.

I always liked Lenny. I thought Squiggy was lucky to have such a good looking friend.

I think that the fact that he had some wits to go with shis looks was why the girls liked him. I think they saw he was not a lunk that thought only about his looks.