Horror : Horror Movie Thread *Title changed*

Horror Movie Thread *Title changed*

I am posting this here now to revisit in a couple days to start posting movies I am watching either in 1st view or rewatch (which there will be a lot of those I have bookmarked) for the month of October. Not a contest, but feel free to add any thoughts/reviews to them or post your own spooky watches. 🎃👻

Edit: Changed title for after Halloween in case anyone wants to still post horror movie watches.

Re: October Halloween Horror Movie Thread.

I've been posting trailers for the past few weeks to add to my Watch List for October. Lots of goodies in there.

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

Great! I've held off on rewatches of my favorites for next month.

I already rewatched all the Nightmares on Elm Street. I'll probably rewatch it more, but warched Hocus Pocus. That's like Halloween A Christmas Story for me.

I have my Nightmare on Elm Street ones that I watch every year bookmarked. Hopefully those movies are free next month when I go to watch them.

HBO has all but 4. Not sure why that is. I have the DVD set that came out back in the late 90's. I gave away a lot of DVDs, but want a select few in physical form.

Do you mean #4 as Dream Master? Or 4 movies? I always watch 1, 3 & 4 as those are my faves.

Dream Master. I like that one. Made during a writing strike, and it shows, but it has all that 80's style and charm. I love the effects guys who worked on it like Screaming Mad George, who worked on the film Society.

I've come to like 3 the most. Not as scary as 1, but I've not been scared any movies since I was 10. I've fallen asleep watching them. They make me warm and nostalgic.

It's a hard tie between 1 & 3 for me with the points you made. The first was scarier, but 3 had more people which made it more interesting. I liked 4 because it was a nice continuation of 3.

Also more imaginative.

Which is the scariest of the series? I've never seen any of them.

First one. Freddy himself is scary in 2, but the movie is one of the weaker ones.

I have them in mp4 format on a thumb drive in the side of my 60" Samsung. Watched some of Freddy's Dead last night for early start. The fall atmosphere matches perfectly with the setting. Really enjoy the music too despite being the weakest sequel in the series.

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

Nice! I haven't got a chance to look yet at what movies are free this month. The cable On Demand usually has some big October Horror thingie they put up so I'll look a little later.

For me, it was always a fun movie. I love that it embraces what the franchise became.

I'm not making a specific plan this year. I'm just going to sign up for Shudder for a month and see what's there….

🦃Grade "A" Fully Loaded🦃
🍂"Sexy as Hell"🍂

I have Shudder too. Lots of stuff on there, Prime Video, Tubi (although with commercials).

Got Shudder a month or so ago and have already watched 17 movies on it and its not even October yet. LOL. Some were good and some not so good. And its only 5 dollars a month!

Do you get TCM channel, P? They are doing a month-long horror movie marathon the entire month of October, with both classic as well as more contemporary horror movies being aired.

I will have to see if I do get that channel. I'm pretty sure I do as I have a lot of stations through my cable On Demand.

TCM used to be a given, pretty much, and I always had access to it. Now I need a subscription if I want to watch it, or rent each movie individually. That change happened last year. I never thought TCM would be considered on par with the likes of HBO or something BIG. Very weird.

"Miss Edith speaks out of turn. She's a bad example, and will have no cakes today." ~ Drusilla

I am going to check to see if I still get that. Some stations were cancelled when I switched my cable plan a while back so I may or may not still have it.

Comcast has TCM but… it is part of an add-on sports package. You have to subscribe to the Sports and Entertainment package at $9.99 per month in order to get TCM. Yeah, I know that's weird and sucky, but I get SO much use out of TCM that I don't mind the added cost. If I were to try to rent all the movies I watch on TCM, it'd cost me a lot more than $9.99 a month. Although, TBH, many classic films can be found on various websites (this one here, for example) and watched online for free. Anyway, I have TCM on TV and I love it.

Thank you Zolo. I have Spectrum and have it set up for my favorite channels I watch. I just added TCM because of your post. Your check is in the mail!

It's going to be a brutally busy October…but the wife and I will try to watch at least one Halloween relevant movie per night throughout the month. I'll post the flicks periodically
🎃
👔👍

Check out my gravel pit
A mystery unravelin'
Wu-Tang is the CD that I travel with
Don't go against the grain if you can't handle it

Awesome!!

I always wanted to start watching all the Peanut holiday movies on Halloween! Since like 2009.

Floridian & Westerner
christinabarrett.com

Shame you gave away your blu rays to your little cousins.

You remember, but they weren't Blu Ray.

Floridian & Westerner
christinabarrett.com

Do you ever watch HR Pufnstuf?

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😠 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Slava Ukraini

May start watching a night early.

The Munsters (2022) movie I only got about 15 minutes into it and pulled the plug. It is nothing like the wonderful television series.

Was there any indications of violence?
Like were there any dead bodies or parts of them?
That is what I would expect to see since Rob Zombie directed.

How Silly Can You Get? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EumJ3wkg78A

yeah this is just like when they make a movie that is unfaithful to the original book. to the fans it is a big fuck you i'm changing this into something it isn't this is so wrong.

same thing happened with the tim burton dark shadows. uh what? if you are at all familiar with the original tv show it is nothing like this movie. so why even try to make this movie? it is an abortion, an abomination. the tv show was a soap opera and was completely serious not a spoof comedy like this movie. wtf?

they did the same thing with 21 jump street? the show was a drama not a freaking comedy. if you don't follow what a show or movie was in genre then you can't make the movie or tv show.

if you are going to be creative with our script then make an original movie not a remake.

lukejbarnett

Tomorrow is October 1st. I always start it with this…

Something Wicked This Way Comes…

You asked a pretty question; I've given you the ugly answer.
Fasten Your Seatbelts….
It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night!

I'm surprised I haven't heard of that movie. I'll have to give it a watch sometime.

I have always loved the story written by Ray Bradbury. I was very excited when I first heard that there would be a movie adaptation in the early 80s. When I heard that Disney was behind it, I was skeptical. I just couldn't reconcile Disney associated with such a dark tale.
I was surprised when I saw it though. While it didn't quite have the feel of the written story, it was entertaining. Jason Robards and Jonathan Pryce are truly the stars, and as always, amazing.

Definitely check it out.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I will.

Absolutely. This is a given!

We watched it on Saturday afternoon after putting a few finishing touches on our Fall/Halloween decorations outside. It was a beautiful day, and we were in just the right mood to see it. It just puts you in the mood for this month. 🍁

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Nightmare Beach (1989). Fun handy-dandy combination of an 80's horny kids running amuck lowbrow comedy with an 80's slasher horror flick.

Yes, this is really me.

Haven't seen that one, but the 80's always had some fun movies!

The 80s really were FUN!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Classic! One of Tobe Hooper's best.

Here is another fun classic from the 80s

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

LOL I remember this one! Classic.

It's one of my husband's favorites. He likes the part where Farmer Vincent admits to actually having used preservatives.

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

I think he was making the sausages and hot dogs out of humans if I'm correct, right?

I really miss those 1980s prices!

Fasten Your Seatbelts….

Biohazard (1985). This cheap'n'cheesy low-budget sci-fi/horror alien invasion romp is by no means a good movie, but it's still a most enjoyable bad one.

Yes, this is really me.