History : Newspapers.com - Is There Anything You Want Looked Up?

Newspapers.com - Is There Anything You Want Looked Up?

20,700 newspapers from the 1700s–2000s

If you have a date, or a person, something significant (or not) that's interesting, I'll look it up, download it as a gif, upload it on imgur and put it up.

https://jimmorrison.freeforums.net/
https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List

Re: Newspapers.com - Is There Anything You Want Looked Up?

What is the earliest newspaper you have?

1776.. I have almost 2,000 newspapers saved over the last handful of years. It's usually a result of looking one thing, but I save the entire thing, and see what was happening, see what was valued (seeing what makes the headlines, back pages), letters to the editors, even the auctions and classifieds is educational.

I'd be interested in the whole 1776 paper. It would be like having a sort of time machine.

Thank you! I'm going to keep that.

1969 Stonewall riots in NYC. I'm curious how it was covered at the time.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

I'll check it out right now, and try to get a local source, and say one in Alabama.

Hardly anything, which doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't covered, but I'm guessing there's some newspapers that won't allow it (maybe its exclusive to their online site?). I tried different future dates, and even used "Stonewall" for more results, but it seems there was a big company in real estate… Anyway, here's what I found..

The other was one a duplicate, and almost unreadable

Interesting, because Stonewall is now promoted as a landmark in the struggle for queer rights. I'll just add an aside that "gay marriage" has set us back to pre-Stonewall conditions. It's an affront to the original freedom fighters.

I'm not so sure most newspapers would not allow coverage. It was probably considered just a bar fight turned street riot by most journalists.

I'll post another.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Knock it the fuck off with your gay marriage tripe.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

Because all queer people must think alike?

Sorry, "gay marriage" undid 50 years of hard work by the real queer revolutionaries, like the protestors at Stonewall.

The struggle for LGBT rights never even considered monogamy and sexual exclusivity worthwhile until conservative gay Republicans co-opted the movement.

Administrator
I GameBoy

You can not speak for a whole group of people. Stop being hard headed lol Marriage also affords gay people the same rights as others in taking care of the people they love during and after their lifetime. You may not agree with it on the grounds that marriage was started as a contract for straight people but you have to agree it is more than just about love. Gay people should be afforded the same rights and privileges. Who are you to deny two people in love to not get married if they want to? No one is going after you for wanting to stay unmarried. Live and let live. You are doing your community a disservice acting like this.

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

Anna, when the government brings an eyesore into my community, I have every right to protest it.

Same-sex marriage has nothing to do with queer rights. It's an attempt by the state and the power elite to enforce conformity, monogamy, and sexual exclusivity in a previously free and independent community.

True reform comes from the bottom up. Only 3% of gay adults have actually gotten married since they began this charade. WE DO NOT WANT TO GET MARRIED.

Administrator
I GameBoy

We are going to have to agree to disagree and I love you 😛

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

Administrator
I GameBoy

No, all queer people must not think alike.

But this MUST BE ON THE BOOKS, to ALLOW the RIGHT for gay people to have the RIGHT to be married.

It's called progress, Petunia. How many times do we have to go through this? What is it, five fucking years now? It's really simple: If you don't want to get married, then don't don't get married. See? Look how easy that was! I just solved your grand dilemma just like that. Wow, so fast, too.

But how dare you take away the rights of other queer people who think differently than you and want things differently than you do. What makes you think you have any right to make decisions for all queer people?

Make your own choices for yourself and let others make their own. Peace out.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I love him but I am just going to accept he is this hard headed lol

Oh please. An invitation by a bunch of conservative gay Republicans to let the government in my bedroom has nothing to do with equality.

Nothing has ever prevented same-sex couples from drawing up domestic partnership contracts. We already had that right.

This is about gate crashing a pseudo-religious heterosexual institution, nothing more.

Administrator
I GameBoy

Stop it. Just stop it.

You are arguing against the right for other people to do something you personally find reprehensible and don't want to do.

Don't do it.

I'm not talking about a domestic partnership contract, I'm talking about a legal marriage as recognized by both Church and State. (We're still working on the Church part, which is fucked up, but hopefully we'll get there).

How hard is this for you to get into your skull? If YOU, Gameboy & partner, do not want to get married and have the government involved, then by all means,….(wait for it)…don't get married.

But if Bob and Joe across the street, or Mary and Sue next door, want to get married, stay out of their lives as their lives don't affect your lives. Let them have their right to get married AS THEY SEE FIT including if that means by government standards, with all the pros and cons.

Otherwise? Butt out of their lives and live your own life.

I favor heterosexual marriage because it makes sense for the government to support couples raising children together. Well over 90% of married heterosexual couples have biological children together. 0% of same sex couples do.

And I'm not going to argue again why fey marriage has had a negative impact on the lives of all queer people, married or free.

But I will note that it is only the pro-monogamy side which is trying to censor the opponents of this farce.

All LGBT people to do think alike.

Administrator
I GameBoy

All LGBT people to do think alike.

I don't.

Neil Patrick Harris and his husband David Burtka have children.

Elton John and David Furnish have kids

Denis O'Hare and Hugo Redwood have kids

Dan Bucatinsky and Don Roos have kids

Vern Yip and Craig Koch have kids

Matt Bomer and Simon Hall have 3 kids

Ryan Murphy and David Miller have 3 kids

Alec Mapa and Jamie Herbert have a son

Anderson Cooper has a son

Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent have kids

Ricky Martin has five kids

Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk have kids

Cynthia Nixon and Christine Marinoni have 3 kids

Wanda and Alex Sykes have 2 kids

No GB, not ALL LGBT feel like you do. FFS, give people the right to do what they want, it has nothing to do with you. If you don't want to partake, then don't. But WE NEED THIS as a milestone marker of achievement, an advancement of equality of choice.

Stop making all of our advancements go backwards.

How about the 1924 arrest and or trial for Leopold and Loeb of murder?

Administrator
I GameBoy

Thanks. Not much info though. I was curious how in 1924 they reported the murder of a child by two Jewish homosexuals.

Administrator
I GameBoy

You're welcome. I was curious, too, but it was pretty objective. No editorial on the Stonewall article, either

I suppose the initial reports were before they knew the details. But after the trial started, and the homosexuality and child rape and "Jewishness" of the murderers was well known, I'm still curious how it played in the media.

It's the same with Stonewall. When it first occurred, no one knew the later importance it would take on to gay rights.

Administrator
I GameBoy

I was curious about Leopold and Loeb as well.

Cool. I'll check that site out. Sounds interesting 👍

I'll like to look up older articles on paranormal sht…bigfoot….ufos…giant bones etc.

💜 Happily engaged to an Aaaasian….🐲㊙️🍜

Back when I had access to LexisNexis I downloaded a bunch of articles from the 1940s and 50s about UFOs. One thing I learned is that foo fighters were not just a World War II phenomenon but were seen during the Korean War as well.

Very true. I like the weird "airship" sightings of the late 1900s and before.
It's an interesting subject 👽

💜 Happily engaged to an Aaaasian….🐲㊙️🍜

At the same time, Estes was buying cotton allotments from farmers in the Old Confederacy and transferring these allotments to his lands in West Texas … which wasn’t much good, as cotton land went, but price supports were so inflated that an allotment (in effect, a license to grow cotton) was like a license to print money. Anyway, there was an Ag Department man in Texas named Marshall, and he refused to approve these cotton transfers. Marshall ended up dead on his ranch: he’d been poisoned with carbon monoxide, beat over the head, and gut-shot five times (with his own bolt-action .22 rifle). Still, taxpayers might never have known. Henry Marshall’s death was ruled a suicide. After that, Estes’s cotton assignments went through.
Any stories about that incident. Estes is Billie Sol Estes. He was a friend of Lyndon Johnson, who was vice-president at the time. 1961 I think.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: - Is There Anything You Want Looked Up?

Yes please. "La Dolce Vita" came out Jan 1, 1960 and would appreciate any reviews near that date

How about the San Francisco Earthquake that happened on April 18th, 1906 ?

Do you have anything for that ?

Thanks a bunch. I wish I could access the long version before it was made for American audiences.

Look at those prices!

👍👍

Those were always some of the first things I noticed as well.

The San Francisco Earthquake that happened on April 18th, 1906 ?