The Watercooler : My mother just told me the guy she knows

My mother just told me the guy she knows

got coronavirus. He told her he doesn't understand why he still managed to get it. According to him, he wore the mask and gloves, did the social distancing, and even disinfected everything including the shopping cart (he had the small disinfectant spray in his pocket) and has done it ever since the announcement the several first cases entered the USA and he's living alone. Now, he's suffering.

Weird……and he should have known masks are meant to keep him from infecting other people, not offering him protection from the virus.

This hypersexual teddy bear is waiting in your closet at midnight. Prepare yourself.

Re: My mother just told me the guy she knows

Awwwww man,I hope he gets well real soon. Is there not anyone who can help him out?

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

From what I heard, he is getting help. He might as well start wearing the hazmat suit.

This hypersexual teddy bear is waiting in your closet at midnight. Prepare yourself.

Last week I saw….

Last week I saw a guy in the grocery store wearing a full U.S. Army Regulation Gas Mask! What an ultramaroon!

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

Last week I saw….

At least, he's trying to be safe, I guess.

Last week I saw….

Going a bit overboard though. Those things are really hot and uncomfortable. I know because I had to wear one in the Army.

Naomi Campbell wore a hazmat suit when she flew. She was photographed getting off the plane.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

She's awesome. But hey, there's nothing wrong with being safe.

Today when I was at the store I could not wait to get out so I could take my mask off. I do not know how people do it wearing them all day at work.

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

Just imagine if you had a job and had to suffer such an indignity.

Just imagine if I cared about anything you said you fat inbred

I imagine it's a system you've developed over time to protect yourself from the harsh reality of your loser life sitting in your trailer, unemployed, collecting a meager welfare check, nobody in your life to care about you, and the hair shedding… my god! the hair must be stuck right to your trailer walls and the linoleum by this point!

Andddddd still not caring. Don't you have better use of your time like fucking your sister?

Yes, these things dehydrate us as we breathe!
Don't even get me started with the morons that don't cover the nose!
I've got my pubes covered better than that!
Internet work has never looked better than a steam iron!

She's a whack job!

All I wanna is when are you going to get the coronavirus?🙂
I've hated you since you said that shit about me after you first arrived and everything else since then.

You are a horrible excuse for a human being wishing sickness on someone. It is going to come back on you 100 fold.

I half expected her to show up and say shitty things. She's predictable.

Jokes on her, I recovered from it. It's a miracle.

She has been her usual crappy self all night 🙄

She's special.

Does that mean she's eligible for social security?

She is "special" alright lol

I did get coronavirus. But I was asymptomatic and yesterday, I got tested negative.

So, it's good to be a king.

Its a pity we can't use the antibodies in your blood towards a cure. You know, on account you having AIDS!

🤔😳😱

Well you asked for it. I mean if you gonna have that as an avatar. Then you have to expect shots fired from all directions.

*sneezes on you* ACHOO!!

Oh, excuse me. Please forgive me. Sometimes, I'm unaware of my surroundings.

I had Donna standing directly in front of me. So no harm done.

Now, look at her running, screaming hysterically with arms flying up in air. Now, I fear for the priests she would terrorize.

Now don't be silly. You know if Donna was running we would have quakes in the 6.0 range.

Wait for it……

Should have held on something……

No, the mask is meant to protect you from the virus. It's impossible to maintain 6 feet constantly, especially when passing someone in an aisle, therefore the mask is probably better protection than the 6 foot rule. He got infected because the virus travels more than 6 feet. It's sneezed/coughed particularly far if he lives in a particularly windy city.

You got a point. There was most likely a small slip-up he probably didn't realize he made or didn't mention. I have no idea. He's a healthy man for his age.

And I agree. Maintaining six feet all the time is nearly impossible. Another possibility the stuff he bought from the stores may have been contaminated. I could be wrong.

Nonsensical, the mask isn't meant to protect you from the virus. It is meant to protect others from your sneezing and coughing out virus particles, as well as speaking out the particles. Therefore, if everyone in an area is wearing one, it is effective. It also has to be worn correctly by everyone in an area.

Sorry to hear that, and I hope he gets better.

Same. He's getting help.

That's good.

That's really frightening. It makes me nervous because I'm just as faithful in terms of always wearing a mask, disinfecting everything,…

Did he wear disposable face masks or washable ones? Did he wear disposable masks more than once? Did he use hand sanitizer?

I wonder how he contracted it!

When did he get it (ie: start feeling symptoms and test positive?) I hope he has a very mild case and it doesn't get any worse than flu-like symptoms.

This pandemic is so mysterious…so much we still don't know about it.

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." Morticia Addams

I agree. This virus is a sneaky little bugger.

I don't know much other than he got it and he's a healthy middle-aged man, according to my mother. But from what she told me, I think it started a few days ago and he got tested positive. But I will try to ask her the questions you just posted. It's a little frustrating how this damned thing still managed to get you even if you keep everything clean, wearing the mask and gloves, and did the social distance. My sister got the virus and she recovered from it, but she too was asymptomatic like I was.

My only concern is that if it comes back later and it mutates into something worse. I heard this virus is adaptable and unpredictable, depending on people.

I think they've been saying the same thing all along as well, which is what's contributing to trying to suppress this virus. It's mutating and adapting, plus the antibodies are only present in the body for a few months, so if you get it, it doesn't make you immune from getting it again.

The symptoms do seem to vary from person to person, which also makes this difficult… some are asymptomatic, some get "the flu," some are on ventilators, and some are in the hospital for 3 months or more! This is a tricky bugger!

Well, we may not get the vaccines until maybe next year. Later this year if we're lucky. I've heard news they're doing some sort of testing trials for the vaccine/antivirus.

However, I worry that the corporation who manufacture the vaccine that is effective against the virus would be too greedy and too possessive to notify the public that they developed the cure. Even if they developed the vaccine, it will still take weeks them to make it enough to get people treated and it would take months before many people get treated for it. We're in for a long ride.

Plus, have you heard of the thing called "False positive"?

I've heard of false negatives. Just read about those yesterday. Twelve people in NJ were given false negatives due to faulty testing. They found out when one of those 12 wound up in the hospital 3 days later.

Yep, just looked up the false positives too. Sheesh, what a mire huh?

I never heard of false negatives but I suspected there would be. Jeez, talk about chaos.

Makes you think if you really have it or don't really have it, back and forth

Now, I'm getting paranoid.

Poor guy :(

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

Sorry to hear about your mom's friend. I hope he is able to make a full recovery.

This is sort of my worst nightmare: doing everything right and still contracting Covid. I'm being exposed on a daily basis at work and therefore taking every extra precaution possible. But then I hear a story like your friend's and it really stresses me out.

I just want this to be over.

That's what I worry about for the people on the front lines, especially what I read about defective PPE or no PPE. Plus what I can't figure out is they're furloughing medical staff?

A few days ago there was an article in my newsfeed about a PA who volunteered to work in the front lines, with 20 years experience, to help take some of the pressure off the doctors. Emergency medicine was her specialty. She got a pink slip for her troubles.

Why are they getting rid of any workers when there are rises in cases? Pisses me off when CEOs are getting big bucks and front line staff are the ones with patients risking their lives.

There were stories about in NYC where nurses had to share respirators and there weren't enough gowns. It feels like we're headed back because people are letting their guards down, and most of all, belligerent people think wearing a mask is inconvenient.

A lot of hospitals have reduced staff because early on in the epidemic the total volume of patients went way down. No one wanted to go to the hospital because they were scared they would catch Covid. I saw this in my own workplace. And our numbers still haven't returned to normal. My hours were severely slashed and two of my coworkers were laid off.

They had to stop doing ALL elective surgeries due to Covid risk. Surgery is a major money maker in healthcare. Take all that away for several months and any hospital will feel tremendous financial loss. Some staff have left of their own will due to fear of contracting the virus as well, including one of the women I work with and two others conveniently took medical time off right after the shut down.

I've had a surgery postponed (indefinitely – well, they asked me if I wanted to have it performed 3 weeks ago, but I declined because of COVID, and I'm not willing to take the risk as long as I'm managing things).

I've also cancelled all of my diagnostics (which could have been a risky move. I have three oncologists, and multiple appts per year, and my first appt with one of them was offered as a tele-appt and I opted for that, but I'm going to have to obviously go in for the next imaging). But I was scheduled for things like MRIs and EMGs and I cxl'd those, just not wanting to be in close proximity.

My best friend's husband just had his foot amputated, and given she and all her kids work in the medical field, I'm not sure if it made things better or worse because she knew what could happen, (or it made her more vigilant).

Bless you for going into work and being willing to put yourself between patients and this pandemic. Health care workers don't get enough appreciation for the risks they face every single day, especially now with COVID.

Armageddon is here.

I've known a few people who got Corona virus and it wasn't a big deal for them at all. Most were asymptomatic.