Sex and the City : My Most Infuriating Carrie Moments

My Most Infuriating Carrie Moments

- Everytime she got back together with Big hoping for different results.
- Going to Big to ask for money only to eventually rip it up for dramatic effect in front of her friends; only to later accept Charolette's wedding ring from Trey for money. I think her taking Charolette's ring for money was unacceptable, I don't care how much Charolette said it was ok.
- Acting like the victim the entire time she had her affair with Big and claiming to be a good person at the same time. When it ended, she stalked Natasha and insisted on forgiveness when she's only apologizing to reset her karma.
- Expecting unconditional love from Aiden when she admitted to cheating on him.
There are many more but these are at the top of my head. Feel free to add yours, if you have any.

Re: My Most Infuriating Carrie Moments

While I enjoy Carrie being flawed and human, these are the moments that make me want to slap her:

-Ring a Ding Ding. The ultimate. Comparing 40k worth of shoes to Charlotte still wearing her wedding ring.
-Nina Katz episode. I love Miranda shutting her down with the mention of having real problems.
-Carrie trying to say she's not the other woman.
-The Natasha apology could have been better. She wore an extremely inappropriate dress, drank water from the table, and pretty much only seemed to be doing it for karma instead of sincerity.
-Teaching the annex class and openly admitting to not knowing much/not preparing then being shocked that people wanted their money back.

Teaching the annex class and openly admitting to not knowing much/not preparing then being shocked that people wanted their money back.

This bothers me too. People shell out good money to see her speak, and not only does she dish out nothing but platitudes, but she does it in less than a minute. I'd expect more of any professional, let alone a supposeldy clever columnist.

Agreed, why would you not prepare for something like that?

While I think she should have taken Bigs money, Charlotte insisted that Carrie take the ring to 1. rid herself of something from the past and to help he friend in need.

The ring thing is just a good friend helping out another friend. Charlotte insisted she take it, and Carrie paid her back. Like Charlotte said it was a simple business transition plain and simple. I dont get why people have such a problem with this.

The rest I will agree with. The Natasha moment was just hideous and it took me a while to realise it as was too young I think when I first saw the episode. The older I am the more Carrie does infuriate me when there was a time I wouldnt hear a bad word said against her. The whole apology thing was self serving and had nothing to do with Natasha and was just about easing her own consicence. I actually hated her in that episode and was so pleased Natasha told her where to go

Another episode I hate is the post it episode which ironically is one of my favourites but has a horrible Carrie moment. When Charlotte gets engaged and Carrie slams the post it over her engagement ring saying "paper covers rock" Dont get me wrong, I know it was meant for comedic reasons but it was horrible, she shouldnt overshadow her friends happiness.

The other is the Atlantic City epsiode for Charlottes birthday, its probably a really silly little thing but bugged the hell out of me. Charlotte, recently coming out of a divorce, depressed about turning 36 wants to celebrate her birthday, and sees two perfectly nice guys wanting to buy her and Carrie and a drink. Carrie shuns them and tells Charlotte she would rather spend time with her, only to ditch her an hour later because she wants to buy salt water taffy. On her birthday. My god, I wanted to hit her.

And dont even get me started on inviting Big to Aidens cabin......

The AC moment drives me crazy too! It's her birthday, let her have some fun!

The money thing drives me crazy because she wouldn't accept money from Miranda, Samantha or Big who are willingly offering. She takes it from someone who didn't even want to offer her money in the first place. Although I would understand why Carrie would be hurt by this, she said she wouldn't have accepted it anyway. So why is she telling her friends and ex about her money problems if she wasn't going to accept their help? Attention?

Why not tell them about her problems? They are friends, and when you are going through a crisis in your life you turn to them for emotional support. Your idea that she only talked about it to recieve money does not make sense. Hell, Miranda say why not talk about it, we talk about everything else.

I've got into this money debate with Carrie and Charlotte so often now I dont think I have the energy anymore lol. I think it genuienly is one of those opinions which differs between people

I'm all for differing opinions too, just don't try to change mine.

Well, while I agree that people can have their own opinions, however, opinion can be wrong. People can come to opinions buiilt on incorrect or misinterpreted information. I would find the opioniond valid if they are made on correct and factual info. If people came to their opinions correctly understanding character motives and events that actually happened in the epidode they would be valid opinion, a mean opinion, but still valid. Almost every person who views Carrie wrong provide incorrect interpretations on why they think she is wrong. Carrie had no motives nor was she expecting anything other than support and the need to vent. Why would she not brring up a serious crisis in her life. Also, Carrie never felt that any of them owed her or was responsible for her finances. She was simply hurt by charotte, that was her problem, not wanting the money, wanting a friends support. And Charlotte also gave her the rings on her own, not be guilted to do it but because she wanted to.

What annoyed me about AC was that one guy wanted Carrie as his lucky charm, and she said he could use Charlotte instead and the other guy was like "no get the hot one." And Carrie was all flattered and happy with this and didn't even notice or care that this guy had totally dissed Charlotte, even though Charlotte was visibly hurt by this.

Plus, what an absolute joke that Carrie was the "hot" one. Sorry but true.

Going to Big to ask for money only to eventually rip it up for dramatic effect in front of her friends;

She didn't go to ask him for money. She went to ask him for advice.

The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts.

She went under the pretense of wanting advice. I cannot believe that she didn't think he would offer her money.

Oh, she knew. Pretty phony. Like she was just going there to learn how to turn a small loan into millions and build a real estate empire. As if.

If she went with the intention of being offered the money, why wouldn't she take the money?

-
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that I'll be over here looking through your stuff.

She was conflicted. She wanted it but didn't know if she should take it and didn't want to seem needy. If she went with the intention of only taking advice and nothing more then why would she accept the check in the first place?

One flew east, one flew west. One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

I don't know why she didn't just take it and cash it personally. "Giving him power" seemed like such a cop out. Someone is offering money they can live without as a loan with no ulterior motive, take it. If you need it, why be so proud or something? Personally I'd suspect she may have expected an offer but would have taken advice. Even if he could condense business strategy for her to understand, she obviously wasn't going to be able to put it into practice and earn by the time she needed it. But I don't get why if she went in expecting him to offer,Cohen why not take it? I think she partially went to see him to tell him she was single.

-
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that I'll be over here looking through your stuff.

Hmm, I never thought about that before. I just assumed that Big knew that she and Aiden were through. But I agree that she went to Big for more than advice. I don't think she went for him to give her money, but maybe pull strings for a loan or to be a co-signer.But I think that his money was the best option especially since all that he put her through. I doubt he would have expected her to pay it back.

Oh, I completely agree there. The "it gives men power" rationale was a little silly, especially since she needed the money very badly, she's sitting there with a check in her hand and they're telling her to tear it up because it would "give Big power." Who cares, it's money! What did they expect her to do after they, or should I say Miranda, told her to tear it up? And it's not like Miranda and Samantha who were offering part of their life savings, Big clearly had it to spare and she proved she could pay money back.

Well, you said it way better than me, lol.

One flew east, one flew west. One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Carrie's neediness was infuriating. Not only was she needy w Big but she was also extremely needy w her friends. After securing the check from Big, she had to make a big deal about whether or not to use it to her friends. Why was she so desperate for their approval?
She did the same with Miranda and Petrovsky, desperately wanting Miranda to like and know him. Sam even asked her *Why do you care if she likes him as long as YOU like him??

I can see why Carrie was so needing in approval as she was not really good a making decisions. I understood why she asked about the check...but it was stupid that she listened to them and tore it up. With Petrovsky though, I think she wanted Miranda's approval because Carrie herself wasn't sure she liked him. It may have been subconscious, but she desperately wanted to be with someone as they all had someone in their life, even Samantha. So I think it was that she wanted to be with someone, but she wasn't sure about Petrovsky, and didn't want to admit it.Her anger towards Miranda seemed to me that because Miranda was a voice of reason to her, so she wanted her approval because of her own misgivings. Miranda started asking her valid questions about what she was going to do with her life in Paris, and Carrie knew she was right which is why she directed her anger on Miranda. I hope that makes sense, my writing can be incoherent at times.

Among the many terrible Carrie moments, mine would still be the time Big rolled over in his sleep and accidently knocked Carrie out of bed. She sits up and sucker punches him right in the face.

Anyone else would just yell at him for awhile. But no, Carrie cold cocks him and almost breaks his nose. Carrie was such a BRAT sometimes.

Yes, Carrie had many bad moments, I forgot about this one! You are right! If I were Big I would have broken up that night! Arrivederci, Carrie!

Oh, what about going to church when Big was with his mother! That was so inadequate!

Vulgarity is no substitute for Wit- Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham

The church scene was so irritating. He specifically said it was something that him and his mum liked to do together, to go there and spy them on them was just intrusive. I agree Big could have have handled it better by possibly arranging another date to meet his mother but they hadnt even been going out that long

That was one thingni didn't like, she went too far and didn't respect his wishes. It would be different if she went there to honestly go for worship and saw them there by chance. She only went after she happened to see them leaving and then spied on them. And then Miranda's behavior was very disrespectful, swearing and complaining while in the church, she should have just waited outside if she was that bitter. I understand that Carrie was hurt but she went too far by imposing on Big, and then trying to force big to i introduce her as more than friends.

When they were in Atlantic City it infuriates me when Char and Carrie are in the bar and 2 guys offer to buy them drinks and Carrie refuses even though Char wants to and its her BIRTHDAY!!

Rebeccak thats one of my biggest hates of Carrie moments! So extremley selfish espcially after everything Charlotte had just been through with Trey. Whats more annoying is that an hour later she just ditches her anyway to buy salt water taffy, on her birthday! Just leaves her. Grrrr I hated her in that scene

....ugh that's right. And Charlotte didnt even want to celebrate her birthday in the first place. AND then she spent that $1000 chip on one spin of Roulette (of all games). What a dummy.

They were going for a metaphor about age, it wasn't supposed to be straight literal (oh look how bad Carrie is at gambling.)

-

Yeah i got the metaphor with the age issue (What happens after 36?)...still hated that scene and the stupid expression on her face after she lost it all.

Fair enough.

-

I hate Carrie and most of the obvious bad moments have been mentioned.

I hated her when she had just had a great night of sex with that Jazz dude whose name I forget, Craig Bierko was the actor.

At the same time, Samantha was dating that lesbian.

Carrie starts moaning to the others that it was she who had 'the news' yet Samantha still managed to outsex her, as if Carrie's sexual antics were more important than any of the others.

It infuriated me when she was trying on the wedding dress and freaked out and Miranda had to rip it open to get off. No need to have a panic attack about getting married. If it does not work out, there's a little thing called divorce.

🏁

No need to have apanic attack? Do you think people choose when or over what to have a panic attack over?

-

A divorce is not a little thing, its a huge gut wrenching thing. If you think you arent ready for marriage you shouldnt get married rather than go through a divorce. Also (as annoying as that scene is) you don't choose to have a panic attack

What sucks, though, is Carrie would have had to pay for that wedding dress that got ripped off her body.

Maria: I look like a slut. Ariel: But a nice slut.
~~ Grumpier Old Men

That is a very flippant way of regarding a choice in which will affect your whole life. When you go into a marriage you don't go imn thinking, Eh I'll just give it a whirl and if it's not my thing i'll just divorce". It not like trying new look and abandoning it if it dosent feel right.

Huh? So if someone wants to marry you but you don't want to marry them, you should just go ahead and get married because you can always get divorced?
To hell with their feelings eh, when you declare that you want to leave them because you thought you would just give marriage a quick whirl, even though you knew you didn't want to marry them. Now that's not selfish at all is it?

Kind of like Carrie agreeing to marry Aiden, just because he asked and not just because she wanted to. That's not selfish at all.

I actually think she did want to marry him when he finally proposed to her, but afterwards she started to, sub -consciously, have doubts and did things like not wearing her ring on her finger.

I agree with lrdcharlton, I'm quite sure she did want to marry him when he finally proposed. And later got doubt about it, but not because she didn't love him.

It's not like she didn't feel bad for saying yes. But one thing is a bit odd, because when this issue about the dress and the proposal is discussed, no one is ever saying anything about why Aidan asked her to marry him in the first place. And the reason was that he still didn't trust her. So who's the selfish person in all this?

Yes, Beja!

Give a hand to my band, Sexual Chocolate! Coming to America

Well she loved him and wanted to be with him and you don't get a lot of time to answer so she felt yes at the moment but not under more thought. How does the word selfish apply if she agreed to marry because he asked? Agreeing to do something he wanted and she didn't would be the opposite meaning of the word you chose.

-

I do believe Carrie really loved Aiden but based on the conversation they had after she panicked with her wedding dress, Samantha asked why she even said yes in the first place. That got me thinking that she only said yes because he asked and didn't want to lose him at that present time. Her doubts understandably got worse when she was getting pressure from Aiden. Although, I like Aiden he was being a jerk about the whole thing because he didn't really trust her. This is just my theory.

How was he being a jerk? He had good reason to be suspicious about her willingness to commit to him. She wouldnt wear the ring on her finger, she showed no interest in begining to plan a wedding or setting a date, and everyone knows carrie likes parties and dresses. Big was back in her life, which she wasnt up front about that from the beginning. Maybe if she reacted differently and argued that she wanted a big wedding with everyone she loved present, but she was very hesitant about the prospct altogether and he called her out on it, which i what he needed to do and had just cause to do it.

I don't see what the big deal is if someone chooses to wear a ring on a necklace if that's what they prefer. Aidan was upset he wanted to mark her as his and the mark wasn't obvious. Carrie wasn't really hiding that she still talked to Big, and that was way before he proposed and if he had such a problem with that, he should have asked upfront or broken up with her when she wasn't willing to cut him out of her life. And he didn't call her out, he pressure her to get married that night. In what world is that healthy behavior? Yes she hesitated to get married and plan but they really were not together all that long and he was doing it because he didn't trust her and thought a formal commitment would would prove she wanted only him. Marriage doesn't work that way. She wasn't wrong to hesitate,

-

Under different circumstances it could be overlooked, but not in Carries. It was obvious, even on the first view of the episode, that her reason for wearing it around her neck was suspect. And how wasn't she hiding her continued relationship to Big? Who would think to ask if she was still talking to the man responsible for their break up the first time, especially since it was her who perused him.SHE, should have been upfront about her continued relationship with Big if she wanted to go into the relationship with no surprises or suspicions. I honestly feel that he was foolish to stay with her after having the audacity to invite Big to the cabin. He was too accommodating to her and it backfired, that was his error. Her actions set the foundations of mistrust that lead him to giving her an ultimatum. He had good reason for feeling that way and I feel that it would have not happened liked that had she been upfront about Big and the whole wearing the ring around her neck.Aiden had some fault, being too accommodating, but that's about it.I don't know why people want to lay so much blame on him when Carries actions are what the downfall into action. Yes it was wrong to pressure, but she would have messed it up eventually anyway because she knew she didn't want to marry him.