Economics, Business, Money, Finance : Morgan Stanley’s Top 30 for 2023 Stock List

Morgan Stanley’s Top 30 for 2023 Stock List

30 for 2023 List:

Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOGL)
Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN)
Amphenol (NYSE: APH)
Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL)
The Blackstone Group (NYSE: BX)
Burlington Stores (NASDAQ: BURL)
CDW Corporation (NYSE: CDW)
Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST)
Dollar General (NYSE: DG)
EPAM Systems (NYSE: EPAM)
Estee Lauder (NYSE: EL)
Ferrari (NYSE: RACE)
First Republic Bank (NYSE: FRC)
Invitation Homes (NYSE; INVH)
MasterCard (NYSE: MA)
McKesson (NYSE; MCK)
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT)
Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX)
Nike (NYSE: NKE)
Nuance, Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN
Progressive (NYSE: PGR)
Prologis (NYSE: PLD)
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI)
Sherwin-Williams (NYSE: SHW)
Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO)
Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT)
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH)
Visa (NYSE: V)
Warner Music Group (NYSE: WMG)
Waste Connections (NYSE: WCN)

Thoughts?

Re: Morgan Stanley’s Top 30 for 2023 Stock List

Ferrari seems like an odd choice. And why is GameStop not on the list? 🚀🚀🚀🚀🌑🌑🌑🌑

Many of them had me raising an eyebrow. UnitedHealth Group? Really?

Lol, GameStop is number #31… sort of like McDonald’s secret menu 🚀 🚀 🌚

Top 30 in terms of ….?

Long-term stocks to be bullish on today and hold for 3 years minimum.

According to them:
The main criterion for the group, the analysts said in a Wednesday note, is “sustainability of competitive advantage, business model, pricing power, cost efficiency, and growth.” Rather than going for the most undervalued names on the market, the analysts said they “selected the companies that scored exceptionally well on these criteria, paying special attention to [return on net operating assets], management’s attitude toward capital structure, and clarity and consistency of shareholder remuneration.” So-called ESG factors — which refers to environment, social, and corporate governance — were also taken into account.

Got it. There’s a lot of good articles out there that show the top holdings in hedge funds as well. There’s some crossover with that list but a lot of them aren’t. Mostly newer companies like Facebook would be on the list.

Is there a source of information you trust the most or is it studying a bit of everything?

I even looked into subscription sites like Motley Fool but my cheapass wouldn’t pay $100/a year for what I could probably get for free elsewhere lol

I did subscribe to one site: Zach’s. I still do a lot of research on my own but they have an easy rating system for different factors like value or growth potential. It steered me in the right direction many times but it’s not solely what I base my choices on. I think I did the 3 day free trial then canceled once I had what I needed. It’s mostly for day traders so there’s lot of info that can be overwhelming.

I don’t like Motley Fool. When I first started out I purchased based on some of their analysis. All of it went sour. Zach’s has been far better in terms of recommendations. Proceed with caution.

You’re not the first person to dislike Motley Fool… where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And kewl, I’ll look into Zach’s, thx. I love me a free trial

*promptly deletes her Motley Fool account*

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

Lol that was just my own personal experience. If it works for you then stick with it.

I have a few hundred to invest. What are your suggestions?

Are You Feeling Hurt Or Triggered By Something I've Said? Call 1-800-BUTT-HURT| To Speak With An Experienced Unsympathetic Counselor Today!

On the list, Microsoft and Netflix (who is projected to reach a $1000 stock price) seem to be the most compelling… but I’m looking at it conservatively. Like Uncreative mentioned above, stocks like Ferrari seem to be an odd choice but I am not privy to the exact reasoning on why it made the list lol

I think we belong to the same investment firm. Have you consulted with an advisor?

All of my money is invested in index and mutual funds; I don't own any stock atm, but I'm interested in buying some just to test the waters a bit.

Ohhh, did you mean my portfolio? I’m only invested in 2-3 company stocks. Like you, the rest are Mutual Funds or ETFs. And yes I have! It was bc of his recommendations that 90% of my positions are what they are. Very happy with it so far (except for 1-2 but it’s only been a couple of months) - my fav are Boeing and ICLN so far

If you want to have some fun with money you’re not afraid to lose, I highly recommend cryptos they’re chaotic but exciting lol

Another buddy of mine who's into investing suggested cryptos as well. He's planning on investing a huge chunk of his stimulus into crypto currencies. I'm hesitant, but from what I've heard, the crypto market is booming right now.

Boeing, huh? I'll take a look at it.

Bitcoin is becoming more mainstream now so I think the ship has truly sailed on them for people like us. I love Ethereum though, its price directly correlates with BTC and much more reasonable (it’s kind of like Bitcoin circa 2017)

Ask a trusted source about Boeing because I’ve heard conflicting advice. I’m going for it based on 10% studying and 90% a gut feeling. But its really leading my positions rn so I’m content

I'll talk to Mr. Chicka about it to see what he thinks. He has more investing experience than I and can steer me in the right direction. The only drawback is, I can't purchase cryptocurrency through my current brokerage, so I'll have to make an account with Toro or somewhere else.

I refuse to go anywhere near Robinhood.

https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/comments/m8wrem/please_stay_away_from_robinhood/

Sweeet.

And yes, RH is the worst and will take everyone down with them. I’m sticking around for like another month or two (I’ve had an acct since before the whole GameStop debacle). After then, it’s peace out ✌️