Holidays : Metaphor in "Easter"…?

Metaphor in "Easter"…?

So I guess the Easter bunny was really a metaphor for a paedophile? The way he tells the girl to touch him and then seems to get off on it, saying he'll take her away so she never sees her mother again, giving her candy etc.

It really implied that, what's everyone elses' interpretation of this segment?

Re: Metaphor in "Easter"…?

I didn't get that from it at all. It was a macabre look at bodily regeneration and the renewal of an endless natural cycle.

Re: Metaphor in 'Easter'…?

Yeah I didn't get any of that sense either. It was pretty obviously about how nobody cares what it's really about. Like the girl people ask questions about how a bunny is related to Jesus coming back and dying, so this movie mixed the two most important parts of Easter into one creepy entity. People know Jesus and rabbits are involved somehow, but not much beyond that. So we got the creature here to represent that.

I kinda did. The way he moans, was just creepy

1st of all: I laughed so hard at the mom "explaining" how Easter is about Jesus being resurrected but they celebrate with eggs and bunnies that I choked on what I was eating. (Raised catholic.... Remember asking those very same questions!)

2nd: yes, I did get the creepy pedophile vilbe from the Easter abomination. I guess theyFigured they were already spitting on religion and exposing how stupid it is they were just going all the way and making the Easter bunny/Jesus thing a pediphile too! Lol

RIP David Bowie 💕

1st of all: I laughed so hard at the mom "explaining" how Easter is about Jesus being resurrected but they celebrate with eggs and bunnies that I choked on what I was eating. (Raised catholic.... Remember asking those very same questions!)

Same here. I was raised 'independent fundamental Baptist' and asked the same questions and got the same vague BS answers, lol. The whole 'Jesus Zombie/Easter Bunny' was hilarious and creepy.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

What i got from it was the eater bunny was dressed like jesus at his burial...and he wanted her to take over..nothing sexual about it.

There is something SO SEXUAL about it whether or not it was intended. The way her finger penetrates him and the look on his face and how he moans during that is really creepy and strange.

I thought it was about how the Easter bunny and Jesus are both fake! They are both works of fiction.

Thank you (sarcastically) don-704 for forcing your opinion, if you're atheist (obviously) that's fine with me, but don't go around telling everyone "Jesus is fake" it's disrespectful to others.

Then you and others need to keep the lie that God and Jesus are real and that the Earth is 6000 years old...non brainwashed people don't want to hear that either...keep your fantasies and delusions to yourselves...thanks!

I don't know what message you read but I didn't even say I believed in God and Jesus, you jump down my throat accusing me of brainwashing people for 'Delusions' I never Claimed. The point of my post was that everyone (no matter their belief) should be more respectful of others, do me a favor and re-read every post on this thread, the only people I see preaching about their beliefs are atheists. I'm not saying you should keep your opinions quiet, just that you shouldn't be such a dick falsely accusing others. I'm personally undecided if God exists or not, I count every belief as fantasy since beliefs can't be proven, and you're the only one I see trying to spread your fantasy here.

Poison, drowning, claw or knife. So many ways to take a life! - Trick 'R Treat

Interesting. The only people you see preaching about their beliefs are atheists. Um, with the exception of the atheist you were slamming, who were the other atheists on board? I didn't see any. Did I miss something? And furthermore, last time I checked this is a free country meaning if I want to post my opinions, I have the right to do so and not because it may be insensitive to others. We're all adults here (for the most part) so, get over it already.

------------------------------------------
I do not put movie quotes in my signature.

mickeyhfgg, to answer your questions, don-704 was the first atheist to post about it saying Jesus was fiction. Secondly you did slightly miss my initial point, if you recall I said "I'm not saying you can't post your opinion, just don't be a dick about it"

The point of my initial post to don-704 was not to tell the world a belief. People forget the difference between facts and beliefs. Lets do a quick exercise:

The USA currently has a black president=FACT

God does not exist=BELIEF

Stephen King is an author=FACT

Extra-terrestrials exist=BELIEF

As someone who can't firmly decide on a religion the thing that I notice and hate most of all is how EVERYONE IS A DICK when they talk about religion. I've never heard a conversation where people are like "I'll pray to God" "oh you're religious? I'm not" "oh well I guess we just have different beliefs" no instead people are dicks, and worse yet they have to complain when people tell them to knock it off.

But people are just selfish, we all think we're right and everyone else is wrong. Yes we have freedom of speech, I'm not talking about what we can do legally, I'm talking about how we should treat our fellow human.

Poison, drowning, claw or knife. So many ways to take a life! - Trick 'R Treat

UFOs and god are things people claim exist, therefore the burden of proof is on those who claim they are real. Not believing in them doesnt make it a belief, it makes it the default until the person who made the claim in the first place can prove otherwise.

The USA currently has a black president=FACT

At the time this was posted, yes. Now, unfortunately, we have an idiot president.

God does not exist=BELIEF

Stated that way, yes. However, most atheists don't say god does not exist. We merely say we see no logical, compelling reason to assume that any gods, including the Abrahamic one, do exist. Not quite the same thing.

Stephen King is an author=FACT

Yep. No need to qualify that one.

Extra-terrestrials exist=BELIEF

Given the size and age of the universe, "extra-terrestrials exist" is probably a fact. It's statistically impossible that our little ball of rock is the only one in the entire universe with critters crawling around on it. And although extra-terrestrials don't necessarily have to be intelligent enough to develop a technological civilization, or even intelligent at all, it's also highly unlikely that we are the only intelligent life form in the universe. "Extra-terrestrials have visited/are visiting Earth", on the other hand, is indeed a belief, and one with little or no good evidence to support it.

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.

****applause******👏👏👏👏👏
@versace14

RIP David Bowie 💕

I actually thought it was a metaphor on how religion affects kids when people teach them when they are really young.

For example, little girl ask few questions about Jesus and Easter bunny, but mother never really bothers to explain it to her, mostly because she has no answers herself. So, given that Jesus came back from the dead on Easter, but at the same time Easter Bunny is mentioned on same date, yet the girl had no idea why and how, and given that her mother couldn't explain it to her, no wonders she get's thing mixed up, ending up in Jesus\Bunny hybrid.

of course, since this is a horror movie, he was made physical creature. Also you can always take into consideration that it was just a dream\nightmare because movie has no real conclusion at the end.

I get why some people get the pedophile vibe. I laughed at "Jesus" first time he appeared, but few moments later when he sorta has sex drive after girl starts touching him, whole thing got creepy vibe. But like one other user said, since they were gonna sh*t on religion, then why not go all the way?

Exactly, works both ways. Also, science is on this side so...
I'll get uncomfortable when people say "God bless you" after I sneeze. Is it really necessary? Keep it to yourself.

We've met before, haven't we?

Well, regardless of what belief system you're a part of, the fact is that, historically, Jesus of Nazareth existed.
As far as the short goes ... there is no meaning behind any of it. Was thought up in under 10 minutes.
The cast and crew were fed vagina discharge.

The fact is that there are no reliable contemporary extra-Biblical references to a Jesus of Nazareth. What few allegedly contemporary references that exist are considered questionable by most scholars. Granted that doesn't prove Jesus didn't exist, but claiming his existence is historical fact is unjustified.

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.

If you're solid in your beliefs, a person saying Jesus is fake shouldn't rile you up. You can't possibly be threatened by someone saying such a thing if you believe it 100%. Why not just view those people as unenlightened and be done with it?

We've met before, haven't we?

It's pretty disrespectful to go around trying to force your religion onto everyone else too. Not necessarily saying you personally do that, but there are plenty of Christians who do.

Fabulously creepy but I got a metaphor of growing into adulthood - perhaps too soon as her father has left the family. The girl is growing up and questioning myths and religion which smaller children take as gospel. (When a kid stops believing in Santa Claus is a milestone in growing up) There is plenty of birth and metamorphosis imagery - eggs, chicks, the story that Jesus did come back but was different when he came back (flying to heaven)

The sex thing is there. The mother was much more sexualized when she went to her own bed after putting her daughter to sleep. The Bunny getting off when the girl touches him. She is becoming like her mother.

The bunny represented adolescence and change to me. "No child has ever seen the Easter Bunny" and "You'll never see your mother again"

The girl is no longer a child and therefore no child has seen the easter bunny and her mother is no longer "mommy" but now "mom" -

Agreed. I felt the same thing.

Warning Spoilers*****
We notice her mother is super religious with crucifixes everywhere. We see her daughter question but instead of answering her she just tells her to "go to bed". Because mom doesn't fully understand. Only telling her about waking up for tomorrow. Mom is possibly sexually repressed and uses religion.

The Bunny leaves his mark "sticky stuff" on the carpet. As he may have been watching them in the house. The little girl wakes up terrified, and bunny who seems to get some sort of gratification from her digging inside his wounds. He moans in pleasure.

He then tells her she won't see her mom again,and that he's taking her somewhere else. Somewhere magical(indicating his fantasies) Mind you he has wounds and supposedly Bunny dressed as Jesus?(wolf in sheep's clothing) She accepts his "Seed" the candy egg that he forces her to swallow and uses to change her and that's it. She is never the same.

I took this as a pedophile coming in Mom's carefully religious home and taking her daughter. Mom didn't really have answers to her daughter's questions but was very religious. The little girl sees what she interprets as a Bunny dressed like Jesus. But it's really someone who has come to take her away and change her. Mom was so caught up in religion she didn't notice or care to question.

This was not a metaphor of anything spiritual about Jesus. It was obvious what was happening and very sick.

I haven't a god damn clue what it meant. All I could think was "sweet zombie bunny Jesus!"

I saw what Pappaus mentioned... that the mother went to bed, prayed and touched her thighs before it cut to another scene. I found that interesting.

But as far as the kid and the Bunny/ Christ goes, I saw it as something grotesque. Had that scene ended up on the cutting room floor, the Easter segment would have been less unsettling.

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast

That JesusBunny thing was horrific. Top job make-up artists! Freaks the shayit out of me.

"How perfectly goddamned delightful it all is, to be sure"

I didn't see the pedophile thing at all, either. It was a child making a terrifying amalgam of all the Easter rituals and beliefs. I mean really... a macabre, resurrected Christ-cum-Easter bunny, with all of the various elements her mother had just told her thrown in for good measure? Fabulous. It really highlighted how Christianity has taken pagan holidays and grafted their little bits onto them, leaving a bizarre and inexplicable confusion that barely makes sense to adults (as long as they don't look too closely) and can only be baffling to children. Her mother's insistence (to the already frightened child) that the resurrected Christ was real, with an immediate segue into warnings about children never seeing the Easter bunny, followed by a vague supposition that her dead father might also come back to life, scared the pants off the girl.

Overall it was great commentary on one of the poorer attempts christians have made at adopting and reimagining other cultures' holidays. I laughed out loud at the thorn-crowned rabbit with chicks hatching out of the stigmata. Hilarious.

Movies are IQ tests; the IMDB boards are how people broadcast their score.