Jessica Alba : Maybe she needs to 'get ugly' for a role

Maybe she needs to 'get ugly' for a role

Charlize Theron won best actress Oscar when she got totally ugly in Monster which removed the distraction of her looks (and the role called for it). Maybe if Alba could find a dramatic role that removes her looks as a factor we can truly judge her acting ? She has been acting since she was a kid - I suspect she can really act but takes the wrong cutsie roles too often.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Re: Maybe she needs to 'get ugly' for a role

Maybe she needs to 'get ugly' for a role

That'd probably help, but is that even really possible? I think they'd have to use prosthetics to make that happen

"That's not David Bowie!"

She was never that great of a performer. Let's be honest.

http://inthe323.blogspot.com/">inthe323.blogspot.com/

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Pretty actresses often win awards for "getting ugly" or at least changing their appearance. There's Nicole Kidman in The Hours, Halle Berry in Moster's Ball, Angelina Jolie in Girl, Interrupted and Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry and Million Dollar Baby. It's also no coincidence that three of those are real people.

_______
"The sun is shining…but the ice is slippery."

Hilary Swank is not pretty

All of those characters were real people

I agree – I thought she was good in the "DA" role but mostly she's been gosh-awful CUTE and/or HOT but a mediocre actress.

Dark Angel was awful. I used to watch it on mute and listen to music instead.

She was total eye candy in Dark Angel, nothing more.

I have to agree with the OP and often say that for celebrities like Jessica, they need to be a role that takes away from their looks to truly see what they can do.

"The North remembers"

Well, nothing against Jessica, but if you took away her looks, I don't think there would be much of an interest in seeing act on camera.

Not being rude, just saying that the only reason to go see her is to go see her.

or just not care about silly awards and the shallow viewing public.

I want to see her gain 50 lb for a role that would be interesting.

batman assault on arkam

in The Killer Inside Me they tried to make her look like a dirty prostitute living on the edge of town but it was still not that believable. she's just too damn hot no matter what.. its a curse because the girl is truly talented.

I think that was the only role she was good in.

Maybe if Alba could find a dramatic role that removes her looks as a factor we can truly judge her acting ? She has been acting since she was a kid

You're late. She did just that for a little indie film called An Invisible Sign in 2010. She wasn't anything special even in that, and the film overall was meh. Truth is she was never a particularly good actress. She's always been just serviceable. Her big presence in Hollywood leaned on her sex symbol status in the 2000s. Now, she has lost much of her appeal through time. And seeing as her films keep doing worse and worse, she'll be considered box office poison. No one is going to be begging her to star in their blockbuster anytime soon.

She is too white to get ugly.

I really like Jessica Alba but Jessica will never get Oscar or even nominated for Oscar

Lara Croft Himiko! The First Sun Queen! This is Yamatai.

I'd like to see her do a bitch character she kind of did in Dark Angel but I need something more.

Unlike Charlize she doesn't have the skills.

It doesn't exist.

I don't think that's even possible to be honest.

How do you make Jessica Alba look ugly?

she's a terrible actress though

i've got feelings too, ya know - inbetweeners

Might just be fanboy-ism but overall as an actress I have thoroughly enjoyed each of her films. She generally does well in fitting into the role that she is meant to play, I personally just do not think she has gotten a proper chance to show truly how capable she can be.However, from what I have seen she has done well in.