Politics : Ladies - is Soul Vagina right that the gender pay gap is a myth???

Ladies - is Soul Vagina right that the gender pay gap is a myth???

Let's put this to bed. I tend to agree with whatever comes out of his gigantic head as an idea, but I wanted to check with you.

Is this just a bunch of whining and complaining, again, from women? I think so.

How much of this are we men supposed to take?!?

MMC2: "I have never been triggered by a cookie."

Re: Ladies - is Soul Vagina right that the gender pay gap is a myth???

It’s gone the other way if anything.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-women_shortlist

This comes as a shock that you would self-identify as a woman, but I applaud you!

I just had to post it on Twitter and all my dreams came true!

I think calling it a myth is being too generous. Myths often have a complex moral truth to them.

I'm old enough to remember when we knew that correlation doesn't equal causation. Until somebody provides evidence showing that women get paid less for the same amount, type, and standard of work, it's just another idiotic misreading of statistical data.

While being a victim remains a virtue, we can expect a lot more of these issues to arise.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)
Murdered by a Teutonic catfish

As a ‘straight white male’ I seriously think my future career prospects are debilitated somewhat. We are at the bottom of the pile now.

I think ‘straight white males’ should be enforced to wear gimp costumes, and we’re only allowed to crawl around the ground with our bare asscheeks exposed, ready for anyone to have their jollies. The only jobs we can apply for are ones which are gimp related.

I joke, but I’m seeing it already with women and ethnic only shortlists. LGBT (or whatever) has become a massive focus point too.

Perhaps then everything will be on an even footing. It’s the only group of people nobody seems to care about.

Oh and the Jews, nobody cares about them either lol.

In Europe and the UK everyone other than straight white men are additionally protected under something called "protected characteristics".

Therefore, if you kill a white man, you get a sentence of x years. If you kill any other member of the human race, you get x + y.

And that's just murder. There are some acts you can commit against straight white men that are considered crimes if you commit them against any other member of the human race.

Apparently, straight white men hold all the power and only look out for themselves.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

Thank you. I think that we men here have sorted this out: no gender gap, or if so, it's that we men are not getting paid enough.

But unlike others, we won't complain about it!

I believe most if not all of the gap comes down to different choices of careers. Otherwise you have to believe that corporations are willingly ignoring a huge arbitrage opportunity.

Agreed. You are saying that women are making stupid choices - when will they ever learn!?

You know that isn't what he was saying. Women tend to choose jobs that involve less manual labor, less stress and competition, which just so happen to be lower paying.

Of course he knows.

Pro tip: A left wing troll can only apply two tactics - the straw man fallacy and the ad hominem fallacy.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

There are industries which traditionally have a large male population simply because it’s work preferable to men, and they’re being forced to aspire to gender balance.

The world’s gone totally nuts.

There are even some people who claim female footballers should earn the same as men .

I'm glad the Canadian government disagrees. I started off as a clerk with the feds and got a ton in equalization pay back in the early 2000s. One cheque just for interest was over $1000.

So the Canadian government paid you extra money because you had been doing women's work??

I dig it. I get an extra 20 dollars from Ivanka in my allowance whenever I vacuum.

Annndd now you post on filmboards starting drama between me, Patrick, and Geewizz.

Oh! you're still going on about that???

🥳

I've no doubt that a man would get paid more to do my job.

“I didn't know you could read”

End of thread apparently!

“I didn't know you could read”

Not enough ladies had a good rebuttal!!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Good post.

Many, many years ago, when this infectious nonsense came around for the thousandth time, I worked in a female dominated industry, and I was the only male in a team of eight. Our team had a corner of the floor plate, effectively sharing one huge desk. The women began discussing "the gender pay gap", and how disgusting it was.

Funny thing was, it had recently been revealed that as the new person on the team, I earned approximately 10% less than the next lowest earner.

When I pointed this out, and asked them how they could spout such nonsense knowing that, they all mumbled some excuses about how it was different, based on experience, negotiated salaries when joining, time served, etc, etc. I didn't disagree, but gently pointed out that that's probably the same reason why some men earn more than some women.

People believe what they want to believe. If you tell a person that they have less in life because somebody else has wronged them, you can bet your ass they're going to want to believe that.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

Post deleted

Well, standing up to pee isn't necessarily all that it's made out to be. If I want a break from it all, I often sit down and relax for a while, hoping that a shit will come along and help me retain some sense of masculinity.

R. I. P. FFS (1975-2021)

And you should!!!

Men should only make a third of what women make. Women do everything better

I find this really interesting. You’re obviously a young, vibrant woman, and I think I saw that you’re black too.

I wish I had your attributes. It’s like playing fifa with cheats.

Post deleted

Main Point:

Well, there very much is the phenomenon of careers typically defined as being "women's work" being deemed far less valuable than careers typically defined as being "men's work." Childcare, education (save for higher education, of course, where the professoriate has historically been almost exclusively male), and nursing all feature relatively low pay considering the amount of schooling and/or expertise that is required to perform each.

Jobs that are mostly populated by women in the lower sphere are likewise not paid very well. Retail workers, for example, are overwhelmingly female–save for managerial positions–and are paid pittance. These jobs are mostly part-time, which is appealing to many women, for, as I will discuss further below, women are pressured to make more time for their families than men are. Women are, in many cases, discouraged from entering into full-time careers by way of gender and social norms, and thus elect to work part-time in a flexible position.

However, there is also the case of men oftentimes working more/longer hours than their female counterparts. It is more socially acceptable for a man to slave away at work whilst his wife stays with the children–often after coming home from her own job–than it is for a woman to work exceedingly long hours at her own job. Women who do this are often considered selfish/cold/unappealing to future partners/etc. Women, by virtue of being pressured to remain feminine (and therefore pressured to avoid being assertive), are less apt to negotiate wages, whereas men are more likely to.

Men are pressured to work, work, work - to provide, provide, provide. Women are encouraged to work, of course, but only if they are able to balance that work with ample family/motherhood/caretaker time.

Long-Winded Example:

There is a social difference, as well, even considering the sorts of work that are done in workplaces that are comprised of a mostly-equal male and female population. Let's say, for instance, that a man and a woman are working at Verizon. They are technically retail workers, yes, but they also make commission. The man outperforms the woman, and makes substantially more money. Why is this? Is it due to a pay gap, or to the man being a better salesman?

If he is a better salesman, why is he a better salesman? Potentially because ambitious men are seen as being go-getters, are typically more trusted to know what they're talking about in a business setting (and especially in a technological, automotive, or STEM setting), and are more typically allowed to be 'pushy' without being seen in a negative light. Men are encouraged to lift themselves to reach the highest social and financial status possible.

Women, on the other hand, are typically seen as having a host of various negative traits when exhibiting ambition. They are seen as being more inept, as being more naturally timid, and as being more 'annoying' when trying to make a sale. What is being persuasive for a man is being 'pushy' or 'overbearing' for a woman. Women are encouraged to be feminine: polite, classy, and thoughtful. A 'pushy' woman is an obnoxious woman.

This isn't said to suggest that male salesmen are never seen as annoying, of course, as no-one enjoys being pestered, but men are typically more successful in these fields and may not entirely be so because 'lol women just suck at selling stuff.' It seems almost as though a woman MUST be conventionally attractive to be persuasive, whereas men do not have to adhere to such standards to be successful.

(These examples, of course, do not extend to car salesmen, who are known universally as being sleazy conmen no matter their gender).

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Post deleted

I think that you and Monicah broke Jare with your well-considered responses.

I don’t know. Women of Filmboards, please share with me your bank account information. Men as well. I’ll run the numbers and report back.

Please discuss.

You would like that wouldn’t you Putin the poon? Do you really think I’m not monitoring all of your devices and banking information? You think your a smart man lol but you never did learn how to change your ip you dumb c_nt.