One, Two, Three : John Banner - Sgt Shultz

John Banner - Sgt Shultz

I just saw this film last night, and I could swear the bottling plant manager who gets demoted to give Piffl a job was either played or at least dubbed by John Banner. Can anyone confirm?
The actor LOOKS like a younger, slimmer version of Banner, but the voice is definitely his.

Re: John Banner - Sgt Shultz

I think your confused yes the Director Billy wilder had a character called Sgt. Schulz in his 1953 film 'Stalag 17' but the man (John Banner) who played Sgt. Schulz in the 1965 TV show "Hogan's Heroes" was never in a Billy Wilder film... but the connection is that Leon Askin who was in this film ONE TWO THREE played General der Infantrie Albert Burkhalter in the tv show 'Hogan's Heroes'.

No, I'm not confused. If you read my question again, I was asking about the actor John Banner, who I believed may have had an uncredited part in "One, Two, Three".
I merely mentioned Sgt. Shultz in conjunction with Banner because that was his most recognizable role.

According to the movie's IMDb page, the character of Krause, played on-screen by an uncredited Paul Bös, is indeed voiced by John Banner. Leon Askin (General Burkhalter) also appears as a Russian.

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.

Good catch. The actor certainly isn't Banner, but the voice almost certainly is and it absolutely IS dubbed. Nice touch to add him in.

Are you shure it was dubbed and by Banner? Is it noted anywhere?

I am watching this movie right now and just viewed that scene.
It does not sound like John Banner, who played Sgt. Schultz in the television show Hogan's Heroes.
However, the voice does sound exactly like Sig Ruman, who played Sgt. Schulz in the movie Stalag 17.

To verify this, I looked up Sig Ruman here at IMDB and found the following information listed in his movie credits:

One, Two, Three (1961)(voice)(uncredited) .... Count von Droste Schattenburg

So this does verify that it was Sig Ruman's voice that was used for the Count von Droste Schattenburg character in the movie One Two Three.

SealordJohn, that is a good catch!

I think this entire thread was written by Billy Wilder. That wasn't Sgt. Schultz voice you heard, it was Sgt. Schultz.
' Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.'-Marx

I just got done watching the movie and I hear nutting.

John Banner

Yes that certainly sounded like the voice of Sig Ruman to me when I saw the film. However IMDb also lists John Banner as providing the voice of Krause, the haberdasher. Banner like Billy Wilder was also a Jewish refugee from Austria and Hitler.