Politics : Jeff Bezos just gave $100 million to Van Jones

Jeff Bezos just gave $100 million to Van Jones

As well as $100 million to chef José Andrés. The monetary award is planned to be given out to people in society who demonstrate "courage and civility" and promote a unifying message. Recipients are free to with the money whatever they please.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/20/media/van-jones-bezos-100-million/
Jeff Bezos, the Amazon (AMZN) founder and world's wealthiest man, said Tuesday after flying to the edge of space that he planned to award $100 million each to CNN contributor Van Jones and chef José Andrés.

Bezos said that Jones and Andres were free to do "what they want" with the money.
"They can give it all to their own charity," Bezos said at a press conference after his trip to space. "Or they can share the wealth. It is up to them."

The money, Bezos said, was tied to a "surprise" philanthropic initiative he wanted to announce called the Courage and Civility Award.

The award aims to honor those who have "demonstrated courage" and tried to be a unifier in a divisive world, Bezos added.

"We need unifiers and not vilifiers," Bezos said. "We need people who argue hard and act hard for what they believe. But they do that always with civility and never ad hominem attacks. Unfortunately, we live in a world where this is too often not the case. But we do have role models."

Re: Jeff Bezos just gave $100 million to Van Jones

Hard to get my head around $100 million, but to Bezos it's like 5 bucks.

I'm courageous and civil. Where's my $100 mil?

That's a bullshit political ploy.

That's a bullshit political ploy. Van Jones is a self avowed Communist.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

I think this looks bad. Im support the democrats but dont like Van Jones.

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

Maybe he start using his money to pay his workers more.