Politics : JK Rowling and transphobia

JK Rowling and transphobia

I don’t use twitter and don’t want to. I cannot seem to find what Rowling is actually saying about trans people anywhere. All articles are about celebrity reactions and the authors’ opinions of Rowling, which usually implies the source material is not very bad and being take out of context.

Why is it that any criticism levied against the trans community is deemed transphobic? It is ridiculous that anyone expects the practice of drugging up children with hormones that have permanent aide effects not to be criticized. The left needs to grow up just a wee bit more than the right.

I'm cumming.

Re: JK Rowling and transphobia

It is ridiculous that anyone expects the practice of drugging up children with hormones that have permanent aide effects not to be criticized.

What's truly ridiculous are the stupid fantasies idiot transphobes like you pull of your your dumb asses to get yourselves all riled up over nothing.

Lol what?

You’re not intelligent. You know how I know this? Every interaction you have with anyone is littered with baseless ad hominem attacks interwoven with critiques about the other persons political views. You do this with people who hold the same political views as yourself. Your lack of agreeableness is a sign of not just low intelligence, as relationships are resources you’ve for some moronic reason learned to deprive yourself of, but also of a personality disorder. Get help you fucking failure.

I'm cumming.

Oh, so you can actually cite an example from a mainstream, respectable source documenting a child being legally drugged up on hormones to his or her detriment and you didn't just pull it out of your deranged ass?

Please do, and then I'll take back what I said about you. If you can't, you deserved every insult I threw at you.

No, that is not how this works. You don’t get to dictate the rules to me or else your childish insults apply. That is not logical.

I'm cumming.

just jerk off and relax, bro. it's nothing a good jizzin couldnt fix, am i right? doesnt it feel great to have such an instrument of relaxation and source of strength always readily available as a man. i love being a man, our penises are god's gifts to us. pathetic wimmins. they can't even jizz right. *nudges Vlad with the ellbow* right buddy?

i need another fix. gimme 5 minutes.

😴👉i slept on the sidewalk by the side of the castle in the Magic Kingdom👈👸

Then the fact that you are a delusional, lying sack of shit stands confirmed. Thanks.

u guys should jerk off together some time. it's not only relaxing, it's bonding too.

That’s a woman.

I'm cumming.

awkward

You lost SOOOOOOOOO HARD HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA

She isn’t being criticized for her opinions on hormone therapy , most rational people agree that children aren’t mature enough or medically educated enough to grasp the risks of hormone therapy to alter their biochemistry.

She’s being criticized for making repeated pejorative statements discounting the validity of trans-women, and for her support of Maya Forstater, an openly anti-trans person who lost her job for publicly mocking them. Her brand of feminism is largely viewed as trans- exclusionary.

BTW, when you sign off your statements attacking “the left” you’re engaging in the same ad hominem attacks you’re criticizing others for. Having a base level of respect for a group of people isn’t a partisan characteristic.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Do you have any direct quotes from her, specifically those that would be considered pejorative?

I wonder if it’s as simple as Rowling stating trans women are not women. Or perhaps she takes issue with the fact that trans women threaten real, biological women in a variety of social situations such as in sports where trans women (bio men) possess a nearly insurmountably unfair physical advantage. But I’m just projecting my own concerns, perhaps she truly is transphobic.

I'm cumming.

There are a lot of examples , most of them tweets so for me to compile them would take an absurd amount of time. This reddit thread Contains some examples :

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/gyc896/whats_going_on_with_jk_rowling/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

She pretty much tripled down when one of her latest novels is about a murderous cross dressing man. If that wasn’t written as a massive Fuck you to the trans community I don’t know what could qualify as one.

On the basis of biology she’s correct. On gender she’s incorrect, and scientific consensus delineates between the two.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Ah thank you. R/outoftheloop, appropriate!

I'm cumming.

The left is extremely sensitive. I’m generalizing, I admit to it and do not apologize. It’s a more socially acceptable ad hominem that the brain dead trash you see Monopole post, particularly given this is 2020: the year of violent political tribalism.

I’m just trying to fit in

I'm cumming.

as a trans man with a pebis i cannot stand that fucking bitch. i never read Harry Potter either! ha! i tried tho and have read ca 20 pages of the first book but whoa it was the most boring thing i have ever read and so i put it away and gave it to one of my cousins. he became a fan lol he's also the one who provides me with good quality meth every now and then bc he lives in a state bordering to the Czech Republic where all the meth labs are.

fuckin TERF bitch.

Ricky Gervais, too. what a prick bro! [anger]

okay i lied, i'm not a trans man actually. i obtained my beautiful penis in natural ways, like it has grown on me naturally.

so, i'm not weird, i'm a natural born man and i love my penis so much!

i still hate Terfs and transphobes bc next to being a man i'm most of all a humanist and i treat every human equally no matter what they live or identify as. they're still human beings who deserve the same rights, the same respect and the same acceptance and love like u and me. so people like Rowling and Gervais need to shut the fuck up about trans people. it isnt their fucking business.

Here are a couple of articles. The first tells of the outrage she caused over a Twitter comment.

On Saturday, the Harry Potter author shared a link to an article titled: “Opinion: Creating a more equal post-COVID-19 world for people who menstruate.”
Rowling commented: “’People who menstruate’. I’m sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?”

She was lambasted by the Twitter warriors for the heinous crime of having an opinion.

The second is her essay which was her reply to those who labelled her TERF (Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist) I don't believe that she is.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/jk-rowling-tweet-women-menstruate-people-transphobia-twitter-a9552866.html

https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/j-k-rowling-writes-about-her-reasons-for-speaking-out-on-sex-and-gender-issues/

I totally understand her point of view and I don't believe there are hundreds of genders either.

“I didn't know you could read”

I think it’s good that she has her own opinion. It’s a lot more refreshing than all the robotic, generic lefties who just regurgitate the same monotonous drivel.

The tranny activists aren’t much of a fan of Graham Linehan either.

It's the same old thing with some of these people, they believe in free speech until they disagree.

The cancellation nonsense that the left are behind just now reeks of Nazism. It’s suppression of creativity and free will. Forcing people to conform to what they deem is acceptable behaviour.

Fuck them. Boris and Trump won for a reason. Normal people don’t like it.

Yeah I really don’t think that’s a terrible thing to say. I understand why those engrossed in the silly culture wars concerning removing freedom of thought from the internet might find it offensive. I understand why a trans woman might he hurt by the statement (which implies they’re not women). I think it’s okay for people to say things like that, even if I might disagree with it (I don’t).

People need to grow up, get some thicker skin. Maybe include skin thickening as part of the transitioning process, they’ll need it.

I'm cumming.

People can identify as whatever they want, it isn't my business, they can identify as a fish for all I care but perhaps they should be aware that not everyone will see them as a fish, that's reality.

An ex-colleague had a brother who is now his sister and the sister is happily living her life with her original wife and child, they are now a lesbian couple. For the family it wasn't so easy, it's been especially difficult for the parents, who are to all intents and purposes mourning their son. Conversation on the subject was tricky, accidentally referring to her as him and so on.

I think JK is first and foremost a feminist and can see the potential danger to women in, for example, blindly allowing men access to women's bathrooms and changing rooms. Of course people get offended by that because most people wouldn't dream of harassing women in a women only space, I get that.

Sage words. Although I act the goat on here and say various things, I firmly believe in one’s right to live as they wish.

It’s when it impacts on others it becomes an issue: men going into women’s changing rooms being a prime example.

Someone can identity as an African elephant for all I care, just don’t bring your weirdness in a way that impacts me or my family.

Trannies are mentally ill and need psychiatric treatment. Or better yet just round them all up and dump them in the sea.

How is being trans considered mentally ill? Also they are not hurting anybody just for identifying as something you don’t agree with so why do you care so much about how they choose to live their life?

I’m a doctor IRL, honey. Trust me, these people are not well.

The left are already starting to defend pedos. It never ends.

If you are really a doctor, you are a complete and utter quack who should be avoided by anyone with any sense. There is no scientific consensus whatsoever which agrees with your dumb ass claims.

Orson put you on ignore

He’s not a Doctor. He’s a shut in who never leaves the small area near a computer.

-Erin Wotherspoon

he's a radical right-wing Scottish farmer's boy with a pretty homogenous background. he fears what he doesn't know. i've blocked him bc that shiz he spouted here is vile as fuck and makes me sick.

it's offensive and therefore i'll block him. probably forever.

there's no arguing with crazy fascists.

Faggot bitch HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

What is your position on transphobia?

I remember you saying before that you would like to execute all gays, Muslims and transgender folks

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Ok.. fuck you?

I don’t agree with defending pedophiles either since they are actually harming children physically and/or mentally. Being trans doesn’t hurt anybody.

Dazed does have a point when she mentioned that example of the son changing into a daughter. The family mourned losing their son when he became a she.

I never thought about it that way. I guess my reaction would be the same. It would be hard for me to transition from my memories of their childhood and me raising them.

I think the issue is not just about the person wanting to transition.

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI

Monicah, sweetie, can you tell whichever 0/10 mongo autismo is above that they’re on ignore?

The psychiatry community wants to label as many people as possible as mentally ill so that they keep their jobs and help sell medications for the pharmacuetical drug companies. 1 in 4 Americans cant possible be mentally ill. If those numbers are real, then we are in big trouble in little China. That's all I gotta say about the issue of mental illness diagnoses.

On the subject of people that think they are not the same gender they were born, I really don't think they can be helped.
How can you help them not think that they are the opposite gender they were born as? There is no medicine to cure that. I don't know how talk therapy or any other type of therapy would help them.

https://youtu.be/iPUwtyZglQI

https://youtu.be/QRTNm6GLJYI