The Walking Dead : Is Rottenhouse an "organic intellectual"?

Is Rottenhouse an "organic intellectual"?

It's a Gramscian term for an intellectual from a class that doesn't normally produce intellectuals. The right wing today has very few intellectuals. There are dreadful phonies like Jordan Peterson and all those Brit idiots Orson loves, but very few recognisable intellects such as the left produces (Chomsky, Habermas, Perry Anderson).

Rottenhouse clearly aspires to intellectual status, but from a perspective that is not respected in universities, say, or among cafe intellectuals in Paris. He belongs to the Jordan Peterson or Pascal Bruckner variety. They are unusual in that they espouse right-wing causes but also have some (minimal) claim to intellectual respectability.

Re: Is Rottenhouse an "organic intellectual"?

He fights flat footed. 👎

oh gee, folks, Orson and he can't have Bentley melting down again
0% 0 votes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxAiK6VnXw

Kyle?

My password is password

'cause he's a paranoid nutter

My password is password

As for the 'Brit idiots' I apparently love, JRM actually totally seems up your street.

He's also far more intelligent and highly educated than you are .

God, you really know how to hurt a guy! Here I am aspiring to be like Perry Anderson and you compare me to some phony politician who oozes vulgarity…..

Is that really who you aspire to?

You remind me more of Uri Gellar mostly (the fraud who bends spoons with his mind)

He thinks the woke movement is an attack on masculinity and that a weakened male will lead to the downfall of civilization. Even if that were true, the woke platform has proven to be electorally disastrous so it's never going anywhere. Even democrats are moving away from it.

My password is password

I don't get why the woke thing scares him so much. I'm sympathetic to wokeness myself, but even I don't take it too seriously, as a philosophical movement.

It is pretty silly. The only thing the woke movement is a threat to are democrats because the ideas are so unpalatable to the majority of the public. Conservatives should hope liberals keep pushing it. There wouldn't have been a Trump without the woke movement.

My password is password

I refuse to support an America where angry chefs and corrupt politicians can undermine our American workforce. I believe in our right to accrue foreign debt, our civil rights and our precious oil supply. I have faith in our cherished national parks, our free markets and our right to bear arms.

My password is password

You and Rittenhouse are the best posters.

My password is password

nimda rounds out the top 3. Everyone else is complete shit.

My password is password

My password is password