The Soapbox : I'm moving to a new group home, probably Monday!

I'm moving to a new group home, probably Monday!

It's also in East Cleveland and just set up and I'm the only one and alone on top on the 3rd floor. It's for people with mental illnesses. I can practice violin. It's a nice African American lady, possibly around my age. Where I am now, it's a couple older than me who are mostly African American but also Native American indian. The couple in charge of the group home I'm at are out maybe for another day. I told the lady I was going to move but didn't know where. The rent may easily transfer, using government assistance, and I get to keep a little more money, so I get $244 instead of $200. She will help me by driving my stuff to the place. They're setting it up, need to get a bed up there and air put there, it's pretty hot. The house I'm in now has wooden floors. That house has carpeting. I think both are African American areas. I can walk to the bus stop not too far, maybe 10 minutes or less. In Orlando, it was like 20 or so minutes it seemed, too much, though. Yea, here it's right across the street and another not too far, too.
I have internet but not my own cable for TV. It's a big 3rd floor but low with the ceiling roof. I'm also joining Planet Fitness maybe tomorrow. I also have to call about government assistance about "RSS Medicaid" to make sure everything is okay processing. So, hopefully, I will go to the gym a few times a week and can get some pictures and apply to acting agencies and be on my way and support myself. I'm still learning violin and German and want to move to Germany. It might have been nicer if I were still younger. So, the man taking place of the couple on vacation will serve me supper again, been feeding me fattening food, no salad or cooked vegetables or anything. He's African American but probably not also part Native American indian like the couple in charge. I took a little walk but got tired since it's hilly here. I might go for another short walk after supper, take my shower, learn German, post here, and go to bed. I haven't been feeling so good emotionally, but knowing for sure I can move am a bit happier. She'll accept me even if all the rent doesn't transfer over. She asked why I was moving, so I told her the people in charge here how they got upset at me for small reasons and things I didn't do or mean and yell at me. She said she wouldn't yell at me. I'm probably moving Monday, if all goes as planned. There is a shower and will be heat circulating in the winter she said, too. There is no place to put a shower curtain, but the bathroom is kinda big. She said she'd get a fan to put air throughout the room, too, it was pretty hot, a bit hot here, too, on the 3rd floor here, too. I just always feel so bad here, dreading the next time I come down to eat, what if they're upset and the man can be loud a lot. It's a bit stressful, and I feel dead and for other reasons have been plagued about death and wondering if I could ever be happy, but I wouldn't really want to be dead. I just feel a bit stressed and in some ways sad. I feel sad when bad things bother me. I feel sad about little things like that, like going downstairs when it's time to eat. I just feel this has been such a crazy experience and all I need to do is get out and things should be better. I will miss my first arriving in the Cleveland, Ohio area and the memories associated with it and happier aspects or times, sad of what could have been but happy for my future being somewhere else. The lady in the new home seems to respect I want to play my violin, but the couple here think I need to get out, get a job, and study something other than music, now. They were pretty upset, authoritative, etc. I don't really seem to see this going anywhere. I'm still depressed about the bad things that happened to to do with Ellen DeGeneres, always plaguing my life. I'm sad about getting older and older adults getting old and retiring and sorta counting their days. I feel stressful how some people are, how I feel in this house. I know I need to get out of this house and eventually move to Europe/Germany. Maybe, it is nicer in other areas and makes me happier. I guess we still have time left on this earth, if only we don't mess it up. I need to get out, will probably go to the gym a few days a week. At least the lady at the home seems more normal, seems good and much better than here. I wonder if life could have been better. People did seem to let go of old ways of things being cool, along with Johnny Depp. It's like they're too adult for him. I like how the lady at the group home seems sensitive to my feelings, being diagnosed with a mental illness, too. The couple here are quite overbearing, like people need to shape up. They are like that to everyone, but I feel kinda singled out and picked on, like it's wrong. I feel I just have to move out, and others would seem to agree. It's kinda nice I'll try a 2nd house and feel lucky it's so much nicer. So, Monday she will let me move. She seemed sensitive to that I want to move as soon as possible, too. I just have to wait until the people in charge of the group home get back so the lady at the new group home can call them and negotiate if there is a transfer of money. Then, we call about the other aid, which was supposed to come on the 10th. You pile the 2 aids together.. This lady seems like me, too, has similar sensitivities and some ways of functioning. The new house does seem a little old, too. I'm a bit nostalgic about leaving this one, after about a month, my first steps into the area again and hopes for a new life.

Blog

Re: I'm moving to a new group home, probably Monday!

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

It's so much nicer than here, mainly because I feel like I have more of a right to keep to myself, etc. Hopefully, this launches me into my future. I might experience some nostalgia, but I hope overall I am disciplined and work towards a nicer future, by getting proficient at violin and being fluent enough in German to live there. I think, at least, schools test you to see how much German you can speak. I also want to hit the gym, Planet Fitness, and get some pictures and apply to acting agencies. That way I can support myself easier and hopefully move to Germany, sooner. I did Rosetta Stone last night, and it was a nice experience. Supper is in a little over an hour. I might go for another walk, take a shower, practice violin, learn German, post here, go to bed, and call about benefits tomorrow morning like they said to make sure everything is okay; and I did just get a call from some people doing it needing my social security number, left a message and said if they wanted they could call back and I'd be in this afternoon/evening probably. They said I'm supposed to have a phone interview tomorrow, but I'm not sure if that's set up, maybe because they need my social security number.

Blog

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

What if its the same experience as before?

Yanks can't locate their own state on the map

That's a good sign! I have more stability, now, feel like this group home was just to pick me up off the streets.

Blog

but I hope overall I am disciplined and work towards a nicer future, by getting proficient at violin and being fluent enough in German to live there. I think, at least, schools test you to see how much German you can speak. I also want to hit the gym, Planet Fitness, and get some pictures and apply to acting agencies. That way I can support myself easier and hopefully move to Germany, sooner. I did Rosetta Stone last night, and it was a nice experience. Supper is in a little over an hour. I might go for another walk, take a shower, practice violin, learn German,

you are absolutely head over heels living in a hallaucinogenic kaleidoscope of fantasy and pretend that you should be working at Disney and providing ideas for them! but here you go! bon voyage!

https://www.studying-in-germany.org

Thanks! I looked at the website. There are scholarships, but one is for people already enrolled in college maybe in a related program. Some of it, maybe a lot, is just online. There were no opportunities for classical music, and I had looked before too and found none. There are things just to learn the language, even an online intensive for about a month. I read one said like 25 hours a week, so 5 hours a day but online. I did that in Washington DC one summer for 1 week, more hours than that, for a graduate education course mostly for people who are already teachers.

You are very correct, I am living in a hallucinogenic kaleidoscope fantasy, and I was thinking of working for Disney to further the work of Walt, not sure if that's Orlando or L.A.

It'd be good if I could get in one of those programs on a scholarship and just stay there. I almost feel my opportunity is too late and I need to get over there. It does seem different, today, and for me.

I'll take this seriously…

Thanks!

Blog

nobody cares about classical music unless its an elitist Bostonian snob or upper east side new york city gad about. time to wake and get the sleepy sleep out of your head. give up on german fluency via rosetta stone. that, too, is a con and you took the bait. this below is your only chance at anything in germany, assuming you have the academic specs to make the cut! https://www.mygermanuniversity.com/articles/english-universities-in-germany

walt disney company is in los angeles. that's where the dreams get fertilized and careers get made.

I found 1 school that teachers music in English for the Bachelor of Music, in Berlin.

I wonder how long it will take me to be able to audition.

I did want to major in German, too, would be nice in Germany.

Maybe, I can make money from acting and move there and study more German and practice violin more. It seems to be faster for me to learn violin on my own until if I get better.

I follow a German orchestra online in Freiburg, too.

Blog

Good luck Christina. I hope this place works out for you. Right off, you sound enthused, so I think that you have a more positive feeling going into this one.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Yes, I am still in recovery mode, but I have hopes for this new arrangement. I'm just hanging in there. I'm happy I may join the gym, Planet Fitness, tomorrow, too. I should be feeling better. I guess I'm happy it's settled I can easily transition, into the new group home and the other things I'm doing now, like starting Rosetta Stone again for German last night. I did it until I felt wound up, like in violin how I play until I'm tired but need to do more days of playing more than once. It's still a little stressful not being completely alone, like I have to eat meals, but it's looking better and good. It's more fun to go out now that I'm more well-rested, too. I had quite a workout walking uphill. Looking forward to tonight, kinda tired already, though. Supper is soon and I wonder if I am too tired for a bath. The new place at least has a shower, too, and heat that circulates in the winter. I'm supposed to get air or a fan, too, that's supposed to cool the whole room. I'm a little down because the food the substitute guy in charge is giving me is not quite so healthy. I hope today is something I like, moreso. I'm getting a little tired of meat, for some reason.

Blog

You'll be complaining about the place by Tuesday

I think it will be better than here. I feel more respected about my distance, too, and don't know if it would be good if I got too personal. I just need to set myself up. The ceiling was rather low on the 3rd floor. I guess it's like the little boy's space of the attic, I think, in the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005.) Hey, it should be better, a better opportunity and prospect for me. If I move out, it wouldn't be to come back here.

Blog

You're obviously very clueless about your own life.

I guess something didn't work out in this group home and/or in the community.

Blog

You are the problem. You complained about the cracker barrel telling everyone on camera how everyone was being mean to you even though not one person was talking to you or looking at you.

You blame everyone but yourself for your problems

She will hate the new group home as soon as they suggest she get a part time minimum wage job and tell her she can't have burger king and dominos every day for "supper"

Those are confusing situations. People can be irritating.

Blog

The upper rooms in a home would be the hottest, so hopefully they give you an AC window unit. According to weather.com, it’s 75° in Cleveland, with 76% humidity. It’s 90° where I’m at, with 25% humidity. I’m trying to figure out which is worse. But at 75° the humidity probably isn’t too uncomfortable.

It’s great that you have hobbies like the violin and German, to keep you occupied, and that you enjoy so much. You seem dedicated to both, and that’s a good thing

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

It was a bit too hot for me today. Yesterday, the man subbing at the group home said it was 90° but didn't feel too bad.

Yea, those kinds of goals are exciting and a breadwinner.

I used to want to move to Finland at one point, too, and study folk music. I even saw programs to immerse yourself there in a family, like a foreign exchange student. I looked at the Facebook of the website of studying in German I just got linked to, and they said something about Belarus, which I think touches Russia below Finland. I met a girl with 2 full Polish parents, the mom very smart emotionally, and I asked if she was Finnish and she said kinda. I had a friend with a mom from a Baltic country, Lithuania, in that area, as well. She was from Boston, very cool mom and nice British/Irish dad.

Blog

Christina, didn't your parents leave you life insurance money?

Handsome Latino

No..

They had to pay to treat their own illnesses. My mom did want to start working and just got her Master's in Human Resources. My dad already retired. We had to move out of 2 noisy apartments to a house, too, but not the nicest home, I'd say.

Blog