Full Metal Jacket : I want to slip my tube steak into your sister, What do you want in trade

I want to slip my tube steak into your sister, What do you want in trade

Full Metal Jacket quote: "I wanna stick my tube steak into your sister. What'll you take in trade?"

This refers to a sexual barter done both in military and prison environments, whereby one individual lubricates an armpit ("his sister"), and allows another individual to use it for simulated copulation. The armpit serves as a vaginal substitute for the penis ("tube steak"). Pressure could be varied by arm compression and flexion, for a more pleasurable simulation. "Trade" ranged from money, to supplies, to cigarettes, to chores and duties...

It is a euphemism for gay sex, which was quite common and still is, between "brothers" in the military. Sister is code for a guy's armpit, tube steak is code for penis. It doesn't mean they are gay and it is usually not something openly discussed with the public either. There will be many objections to this answer I am sure. A scene like that is open to interpretation but it was a direct reference to commencing in a gay sexual act between the two men...

I think it's cool myself, and I'm not gay, just bi-curious! lol

Re: I want to slip my tube steak into your sister, What do you want in t

It may be that in prison, but in the context of the film it's pretty clear that Modine's character was actually asking about the other guy's actual sister. He wasn't propositioning him.

You're kidding, right? Ofcourse it's not really about his sister.

No, you're not gay, you're just the only straight guy on the planet to understand that quote as armpit sex.

I see what you did there, hah

so so so always thought the sister was
a n a l
& the mother [referenced later] was
o r a l

no real clue
2 each whims own

der hund verzehrt mein kind

You folks sound like a bunch of guys who've never been on a team. That conversation is not about sex at all. They have it for the same reason they throw racial slurs at each other in the second half of the film.

They are expressing trust for each other. They are saying "I love you, I'd give my life for you, and I trust you to do the same for me." But being Marines they can't say that, so they express it by not taking offense at insults that only a member of their group could use. If an outsider were to say that to one if them he'd be lucky to walk away with his life.

Yes, I think it was macho banter of that type.

"Chicken soup - with a *beep* straw."