The Watercooler : I thought there would be more 911 threads…

I thought there would be more 911 threads…

… for the 20 years that the Dumbya Bush and Prick Cheney team has gotten away with it.

Instead it was just a small hand full.

Steve Lake having delusions of grandeur coming up with a fantasy of being a bell boy and being there.
(I prevented a whole fire engine company from getting there when I laid down in the middle of the street just before the first tower fell! Then later on they made me an honorary Dalmatian dog! They pick me up and drive me to the fires! Life is great! I am still alive and don't give a shit at all that all those ppl are dead!)

AR asking the same old shit of where were you and bringing up the bogus propaganda movie of Flight 93.
(Hint: It was really shot down instead or faked somehow.)

That was it or all I can remember.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: I thought there would be more 911 threads…

Thank you for adding your name to the list!

I posted one too, called, "20 years since 9/11." I received an impressive 8 replies (technically 10 replies, but 2 were mine).

Post deleted

I posted it on the History board: https://filmboards.com/board/129/ There are also a couple 9/11 threads there from Nettie and Christina. They all would've shown up on the General board, so I guess they were kind of overlooked.

Post deleted

It must've been a busy day on the board!

Post deleted

You know what's weird, is that last night I swore I heard the sound of thunder rumbling in the distance. I figured one of those late-summer thunderstorms was rolling in, so I went outside to have a look. Well, it turned out it wasn't thunder after all… it was a fireworks display going off somewhere to the north of me. It wasn't just random stuff, either - - it was obviously an organized event. Best I can figure is somewhere nearby they were holding a 9/11 commemoration, complete with fireworks.

Post deleted

i wonder if its because its the 20th anniversary
That must be it. Seemed kind of weird and unexpected, tbh.

Post deleted

That seems weird to me too, but if you Google "fireworks on 9/11," there are a lot of results.

IMHO, fireworks are for festive celebrations, not somber commemorations. I mean, I don't ever recall hearing about anybody "celebrating" December 7th, Pearl Harbor Day, with fireworks, do you?

No, I don't understand it either.

I don't get it either CR.

Yeah, let's celebrate something sad where things blew up by blowing up things and making noise!

WTF?

That may explain why there were assholes nearby last night who were setting off noisemakers of fireworks or something that let off a few loud booms.
It was very disturbing and I hate it when asshole neighbors have zero consideration for fellow neighbors.

I made a thread.

OK

Grade "A" Fully Loaded
"Sexy as Hell"

Bing.. Wobbledy wobble, wo-wo-wobble, wobbin'
https://vocaroo.com/1hz4nrSop8zd

I think a lot of people in their 20s and 30s weren't old enough totally experience it and it didn't have the same impact on them as it would older people. So as time goes by there will less of that "always remember" sentiment for 9/11.